Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Im lazy too . I prefer sittin around cuttin the cheese instead of the trees . And we have a ton of them in Vt. ( cheese cutters that is )
Hey brother, it’s been a minute……
Sponsored

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Electronics Technician at R. J. Reynolds
This is the crux of the matter. Who cares what other people do with their jeeps, winches, or blenders? Sheesh.

I have a newer toilet plunger in a guest bathroom in our house. It's never been used, thank goodness, but I'm still happy I bought it. :like: (Now I'm bracing for impact, as we undoubtedly have a few folks here who think I shouldn't have an extra plunger in my house, and we're about to hear why.)

Mom always used to say that unremarkable guys with small hearts and even smaller weaners tend to spend their days trying to make other people feel bad. Oh, wait, that was dad who said that, but Mom agreed. :LOL:.

Capable, confident, people look for ways to raise others up -- and they don't feel obliged to opine on how other folks use their jeeps or plungers.

I say do whatever floats your boat -- even if that means buying an extra toilet plunger or two.
I like the comparison and your dad's analogy lol. I also have two plungers. One is for the nasty stuff and another for sinks and tubs. So I have my Jeep for the tougher stuff and my car for groceries, pizza runs and etc...

Floating my own boat here.

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
Hey brother, it’s been a minute……
Yeah I musta got lost. So great to tune in and see your post. Glad to see that some things never change, Everything ok down there ?

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I mustsa got lost. So great to tune in and see your post. Glad to see that some things never change, Everything ok down there ?
Yeah man, thanks, I expected to see you down here snow birding by now, lol.

Sponsored

JustDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
I have a winch that'll never pull me out, KC Daylighters that will never be turned on, shackles that will never have a hook hooked on it and a lift kit to fit 35's that will never be needed. It's all about looks. Isn't that why they make Jeeps????

Concrete King

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I have a winch that'll never pull me out, KC Daylighters that will never be turned on, shackles that will never have a hook hooked on it and a lift kit to fit 35's that will never be needed. It's all about looks. Isn't that why they make Jeeps????
Stop copying me. Ok, well, I don't have such a Jeep yet, but I'm working on it. I guess I'm copying you. Sorry.

Overwatch

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR, Sarge Green 392
Then again I have a hard core Warn winch on the front of my steel after market bumpers. I go on hard trails all the time. I have NEVER used it! :) I'm always with other Jeeps and have a bubba rope on me which is so much faster to deploy. I want to take off the winch and regain those 80 pounds, but it does look super cool.

Reactions: J0E

00 Trans Ram

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport
I've got a JLUD that has stock suspension and Gladiator take-offs. I'll never take it off road (live in SE LA, so nearest trail is hundreds of miles away).

So, why to I have 100 LEDs on the front of my Jeep (light bar, pillar lights, bumper spot lights, 4 fog lights, etc.), 2 LED pods on the back bumper, a 12k lb winch, steel bumper, and spare tire delete? Towing. I tow a 23' boat at least once per month. Often, I'm launching it or picking it up at night - hence, the LEDs front and back.

And the winch? Well, my camp floods a lot. It's 25' up in the air, but we have a storage room on the ground. I have built a 6'x6' platform attached to pulleys on the ceiling that holds all electronics and other stuff I don't want getting wet (tools!). It weighs about 500l-1000bs, depending what is on it. To lift it by hand pulling the rope is hard. Like, almost impossible. Attaching the winch to it? Easy button.

Moral to the story is - just because you see a Jeep that is obviously not going on trails, doesn't mean they aren't using their equipment.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
pos·er
/ˈpōzər/

noun
noun: poser; plural noun: posers

a person who acts in an affected manner in order to impress others.​
Similar: exhibitionist, poseur, attention seeker, show off​

Reactions: J0E

Sponsored

linux_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 6-speed manual, 2011 Compass 5-speed manual
As a manual transmission guy, there aren't many other choices. As someone who likes to remove half my roof, same thing. Holding value and last spring's employee pricing for all made the itch impossible to ignore. Everything else had too many doors and not enough pedals.

My son works at the mall, so I definitely crawl there. Several times a week. Maybe I'll drive over a curb there and justify the purchase.

If supply/ demand and resultant pricing make it impossible to ignore, I may own an electric vehicle some day. Buy low/ sell high. Or just keep until I am a geezer--who mall walks.

I can envision a supercharger some day.

RoadNomad

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
It's called eye candy and just part of the Jeep culture and mindset.

west tex

First Name
Skoro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2dr 80th Edition, 2017 Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired, as in "Tired again"
Winches on Mall Crawlers?

What?

No mention of high lift jacks? 🤔