First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
Someone could use a Borla Touring climber cat-back.
20210211_132351_resized.jpg
Your pics always have some odd, unexplained aspect to them, kinda like the Punisher differential cover I pointed out threads ago. This pic appears to have a tree branch jammed in the driver's window or a mud splattered, well-tanned arm hanging out the window.

(And yes I do realize it is a pipe or something on top of that blue thing, but still looks like a ghost arm.)

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Your pics always have some odd, unexplained aspect to them, kinda like the Punisher differential cover I pointed out threads ago. This pic appears to have a tree branch jammed in the driver's window or a mud splattered, well-tanned arm hanging out the window.
The punisher logo appears to be a hitch cover to me.

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
The punisher logo appears to be a hitch cover to me.
It is, but at first glance in that top pic, I thought it was somehow integrated into the diff cover. The logo ends exactly where the diff cover does. Didn't even pay attention to the muffler. Not so much the second pic.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase

(And yes I do realize it is a pipe or something on top of that blue thing, but still looks like a ghost arm.)
Yeah, it's hard to get clean pics when most of them are taken at work and with the jeep in whatever spot I happen to park on a given day. I long for being able to get out of state and can get some pics of it in its natural environment.

And that is the working end of an 18" diameter pipe boom. Pretty much a T-shaped structure that sits in the bucket of a front end loader, has shackle holes above and below the end, and allows extra reach at the expense of some lifting capacity. I store it on top of one of my shipping containers.

Sponsored

Deleted User 293754

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle Showcase
Went to MOAB with my fake bead locks aired them down to 15lbs with my Harbor freight Apex winch and two inch Mopar lift on 35" Nittos. Wheeled fins and things, Hells revenge (yes Hells gate too), Poision Spider and even the Shafer Trail and numerous other trails. Came home and detailed the Jeep and you cant tell Its been off road. Did not tear it up at all. Maybe I'm not doing it right if I did not break something or maybe I am doing it right if I did not break something?

20210412_133828A.JPG

LOANDBEHOLD.

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport
I use my Wrangler 100% on road and therefore I don’t have a winch. But...I see a lot of pristine Jeeps out there with winches. Do people equip their onroad Jeeps that completely?
Not yet but I'm working on it...need to get it dirty too 😆

Concrete King

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
If I get a winch I'm going to mount it in the rear receiver hitch. Ya just don't see that enough around town.

WizzBang

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Wrangler Sport Unlimited
I use my Wrangler 100% on road and therefore I don’t have a winch. But...I see a lot of pristine Jeeps out there with winches. Do people equip their onroad Jeeps that completely?
I bought a Sport- no lockers. If I get in over my head, the winch will pay for itself. We only do light trails on vacation so most the of time the Jeep is on the road to the mall and back. I also have lights in case it gets dark and a lift & big tires in case it gets deep.

Sponsored

Timmyjoe

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport-S "Islander" (2-Door)
I don't take our JL offroad often, and when I do it's on easy trails, but I'd like to have a winch for occasional use. Putting a winch on the front bumper would require a new front bumper and better front suspension than my Sport S currently has, and not something I'd like to invest in at this time. But I've got a beefy Curt 2" receiver on the rear end that would be really nice to mount a removable winch onto. Anyone here using a removable winch that they mount in a 2" receiver?

Best,
-Tim

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
With the multiple shrubs, and today a few overgrown Century plants that I've removed, this winch has paid for itself several times over. And my back is still intact, woohoo! And even though it shows in the video that I lost "Hope", it's since been restored :)

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
With the multiple shrubs, and today a few overgrown Century plants that I've removed, this winch has paid for itself several times over.
I'm shocked I never thought of this before. Long story, I have a thing I need to rip out. I drove my F150 over the grass into the back yard, wrapped a heavy duty tow chain around this thing, and dug huge ruts in my yard without budging it in the slightest. I bet I could budge that with the 10,000 lb. winch I'm about to put on my Jeep! That's a damn good idea! DAMN good!!

For the record, the process that resulted in my having a Jeep in my driveway today started with a forest road that had deep mud gouges through the late winter snow. My truck made it through that, but I stopped short of trying my luck on a much longer and muddier stretch farther up the mountain. I got online, and read up on where that road goes. It's worth exploring, but I ain't going past a certain point without a winch.

So now I have a new bumper and winch on order for my new Jeep, because I really want to see where that road goes, and I'm afraid of getting stuck in the middle of nowhere in a rutted muddy mess. I'm not going to stop being an antisocial hermit, just because I bought a Jeep. I'm not going to go wheeling with any club. I'm going to be out there entirely on my own, doing my own thing in my own way, and a winch seems like a damn good investment toward making sure I never miss a day of work.

Plus it will also look awesome. So there is that.

Yes, a few shots of Jack Daniels in the mix here. Anyway, thanks for the inspiration. I can probably rip that stupid rotten whiskey barrel full of stupid overgrown trees right out of the ground with my winch. Especially with the mud tires on the Jeep to keep me better anchored. If I hadn't already placed the order, you would have sold me on it for sure!

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
I'm about to put a winch on my mall crawler. I keep it in pristine condition, and freak out whenever there is the slightest amount of uncleanliness.

Jeep Wrangler JL Winches on Mall Crawlers? 1619409611867
Sponsored