wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Could always go this route for less $. I also see vehicles around here with hi-lift jacks and no hi-lift jacking points...

LOL, Hi-Lift Jack, the most bought never used Jeep accessory.
Sponsored

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
How do you know who is a mall crawler vs who just keeps good care of their car / knows how to off-road without body damage.

From the outside I look completely stock (unless you know what to look for), zero body damage or scratches, a winch (12k zeon). I’ve also been on a majority of the difficult trails in my home state.

littlecaesar

First Name
Ernesto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Nothing wrong with a light, if you might have to use a weapon in the dark. I would have to say, though, that an AR is a crap home security piece, and putting a light, a laser, and scope on it makes it worse for that, not better. And, if it's not for home security, what IS it for?
mossberg.jpg
Lasers and scopes? :LOL:
The Elmer Fudds are out in force in this thread. Let me guess, the racking sound of that shotgun will set intruders on the run? Birdshot followed by buckshot? You'll blind yourself with weaponlights used indoors? They'll give away your position? Can't miss with a shotgun? Any more hopelessly outdated and utterly disproven boomer knowledge I'm missing?

Concrete King

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
...advantage over a .556...

...If you have done any ballistic research you'd know a .556...
Wow, .556 caliber! What specific cartridges shoot a .556? I searched the Internet and came up with nothing. I'm familiar with 50 Beowulf (.500"), 50 BMG (.510"), and 500 Nitro Express (.510") but those still aren't as big. .556 must be some sort of military-grade caliber cuz it's big! Unless it's .556 millimeters (sorry, I had previously assumed it was inches) in which case that's really, really small... .02188976".

And if you've read this far hopefully you can laugh and know I'm joking with you. But seriously, get your shit straight if you're going to speak so authoritatively. Heh.

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
Lasers and scopes? :LOL:
The Elmer Fudds are out in force in this thread. Let me guess, the racking sound of that shotgun will set intruders on the run? Birdshot followed by buckshot? You'll blind yourself with weaponlights used indoors? They'll give away your position? Can't miss with a shotgun? Any more hopelessly outdated and utterly disproven boomer knowledge I'm missing?
Actually...since you ask...no, I dont plan to scare anyone with rack noise, especially since there's one in the chamber. The one in there and the other five are all buckshot. There IS a light on that piece, so I can see where to aim, because I know you CAN miss. I dont know if Mas Ayoob is a boomer or not, but I dont think he's peddling outdated and disproven boomer knowledge.

Sponsored

sardog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Wrangler X-Gone, 2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Could always go this route for less $. I also see vehicles around here with hi-lift jacks and no hi-lift jacking points...

That sort of thing happened to a buddy's Jeep.

20190808_111638776_iOS.jpg

20190808_111706591_iOS.jpg

OP
OP
rickinAZ

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
For the folks on the thread that have reported that they off-road hard and, at the same time have a pristine Jeep, how the heck do you do that? How do the terms "off-road hard" and "pristine Jeep" peacefully coexist in the same sentence? If this is truly a cake-and-eat-it-too situation, I may start off-roading as well.

Hell...my vehicles have been known to be damaged by errant shopping carts at the mall.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
How do you know who is a mall crawler vs who just keeps good care of their car / knows how to off-road without body damage.

From the outside I look completely stock (unless you know what to look for), zero body damage or scratches, a winch (12k zeon). I’ve also been on a majority of the difficult trails in my home state.
Sometimes, you can just look at the badges or see the rock rash on the bead lock rings.

Jeep Wrangler JL Winches on Mall Crawlers? 1618860982419

Concrete King

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
But seriously, an obvious typo that everyone else seemed to get over.
The same typo... more than once. Come on. Once is a typo. More than that is simply wrong. Regardless, wrong, or even typo, mixed with guns can be deadly. That's all.

Sponsored

littlecaesar

First Name
Ernesto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Actually...since you ask...no, I dont plan to scare anyone with rack noise, especially since there's one in the chamber. The one in there and the other five are all buckshot. There IS a light on that piece, so I can see where to aim, because I know you CAN miss. I dont know if Mas Ayoob is a boomer or not, but I dont think he's peddling outdated and disproven boomer knowledge.
Nothing wrong with Mas Ayoob, my first exposure to guns were his magazine articles, but tools and tactics have evolved exponentially since 9/11 given the amount of firefights our military has been in, especially in structures in low light. Twenty years on many of these guys have retired and adapted their training for civilian applications, where a ton of real world gunfighting experience shows the fallacies of stuff like weaver stance, the 21 foot rule, too-bright weaponlights, the "stopping power" of 45ACP, 4 o'clock carry in leather holsters, shotguns ideal for clearing structures, and other stuff old timers who were maybe mil/le in the early 80s talk about in dusty gun shops.
Most great instructors I've trained with spend class time actually debunking these myths and misconceptions. Timed drills on multiple targets on the move and from different positions of cover show the fallacy of weaver or any other kind of static "bullseye stances", while force on force training with simunitions in a dark shoothouse with multiple, obstructed good and bad guy targets definitely prove that a light, maneuverable, low recoiling AR loaded with heavy, expanding, non-penetrative 5.56 rounds, with a simple red dot (allowing your eyes to stay threat focused rather than an attempt at "front sight focus") and a 1000 lumen light is not only ideal for Rangers or FBI HRT taking down structures, but home defense as well.
You're free to defend you and yours as you see fit, but a responsible man adapts as the world changes and doesn't dismiss hard won knowledge as new fangled just because he's too set in his ways and insecure about change.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
For the folks on the thread that have reported that they off-road hard and, at the same time have a pristine Jeep, how the heck do you do that? How do the terms "off-road hard" and "pristine Jeep" peacefully coexist in the same sentence? If this is truly a cake-and-eat-it-too situation, I may start off-roading as well.

Hell...my vehicles have been known to be damaged by errant shopping carts at the mall.
I wheel my Jeep hard. Zero body damage. Good spotting and picking good lines are essentials to keeping your Jeep looking good. Maintenances and detailing also goes a long way. I also pull off skids and re paint them. touch up paint and either cut or pull brush out of the way when on a trail.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Nothing wrong with Mas Ayoob, my first exposure to guns were his magazine articles, but tools and tactics have evolved exponentially since 9/11 given the amount of firefights our military has been in, especially in structures in low light. Twenty years on many of these guys have retired and adapted their training for civilian applications, where a ton of real world gunfighting experience shows the fallacies of stuff like weaver stance, the 21 foot rule, too-bright weaponlights, the "stopping power" of 45ACP, 4 o'clock carry in leather holsters, shotguns ideal for clearing structures, and other stuff old timers who were maybe mil/le in the early 80s talk about in dusty gun shops.
Most great instructors I've trained with spend class time actually debunking these myths and misconceptions. Timed drills on multiple targets on the move and from different positions of cover show the fallacy of weaver or any other kind of static "bullseye stances", while force on force training with simunitions in a dark shoothouse with multiple, obstructed good and bad guy targets definitely prove that a light, maneuverable, low recoiling AR loaded with heavy, expanding, non-penetrative 5.56 rounds, with a simple red dot (allowing your eyes to stay threat focused rather than an attempt at "front sight focus") and a 1000 lumen light is not only ideal for Rangers or FBI HRT taking down structures, but home defense as well.
You're free to defend you and yours as you see fit, but a responsible man adapts as the world changes and doesn't dismiss hard won knowledge as new fangled just because he's too set in his ways and insecure about change.
It's the same discussion with the manual trans, manual door lock, manual window for durability and performance guys. A modern auto outperforms a manual in everything from hellcats at the drag strip to smooth application of torque on the trail. The technology is there and it's great. Your basic jeep is still run by a supercomputer in comparison to even a fuel injected 4.0L of yesterday. It's not about being modern or old school, it's about what works better.

Concrete King

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't have a winch on my *street-only Wrangler. I may get a winch. I may drive off-road. Hell, I may drive off-road without a winch. Oh and I keep my Wrangler clean.

* It has been driven through a field a few times - once it was even a little muddy! Oh and I drove it over a parking lot curb once and over a curb to get out of a fast food drive-thru line. Nice factory suspension on the Rubicon.

Wbino

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired

Dodging moving shopping carts is the Rubicon of my park by the water crawler....😎
Sponsored