Sponsored

Winch Plates on OEM JL Bumper? All the same?

JMCCUSKEY82

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Sting Gray 6spd
Occupation
Mortgage
Hi there,

I just ordered a new Smittybuilt Gen3 9500 winch and will be mounting it on a stock JLU metal bumper.

I know there are a few brands of winch plates, but are there really any differences? Besides cost? I'm not partial to any brand, just not sure if you can put a Smittybuilt winch on a Warn plate etc.

Thanks for the input.
Jon
Sponsored

STRUBI

First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon Unlimited
Hi there,

I just ordered a new Smittybuilt Gen3 9500 winch and will be mounting it on a stock JLU metal bumper.

I know there are a few brands of winch plates, but are there really any differences? Besides cost? I'm not partial to any brand, just not sure if you can put a Smittybuilt winch on a Warn plate etc.

Thanks for the input.
Jon
We use a rusty offroad plate for ours. We chose it because it doesn't push the bumper forward. Do a search on here for the gen 3 winch with stock bumper. The gen three is a very tight fit. We didn't like it rubbing against our grill. We sent it back and got the gen 2 x20

gm920

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLUR Billet Silver
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Retired)
We use a rusty offroad plate for ours. We chose it because it doesn't push the bumper forward. Do a search on here for the gen 3 winch with stock bumper. The gen three is a very tight fit. We didn't like it rubbing against our grill. We sent it back and got the gen 2 x20
X2 on the gen 3 being a tight fit, I tried it on the Rock Hard plate with the same result. It was hard against the bottom of the grill. I returned the gen3 xrc and the rock hard plate. Went with Rusty's winch plate and the gen 2 X2O. The XRC is larger in diameter.
Sponsored