Winch plate recommendations for factory steel bumper and Badlands Apex winch?

RNAV

First Name
Lee
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
I'm trying to decide on a winch plate to use with a Badlands Apex winch and my factory steel bumper. Currently trying to decide between the Warn and the Maximus-3. Any reason why I should pick one over the other? Any other winch plate recommendations (and why -- I'm primarily interested in understanding any functional differences/advantages)?

Thanks!

Advertisement

Sparky1352

First Name
Raymond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon Recon
I'm trying to decide on a winch plate to use with a Badlands Apex winch and my factory steel bumper. Currently trying to decide between the Warn and the Maximus-3. Any reason why I should pick one over the other? Any other winch plate recommendations (and why -- I'm primarily interested in understanding any functional differences/advantages)?

Thanks!
I’m considering the same thing. Did you pick one over the other? If so, what are your impressions?

702SaharaJL

First Name
Jason
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Bikini Blue
Im looking for some recommendations too..Just picked up a Warn VR10.

OP

RNAV

First Name
Lee
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
I’m considering the same thing. Did you pick one over the other? If so, what are your impressions?
I decided to go with Maximus-3. They're relatively close to me, had the product in stock, and offer a military discount. Haven't even opened the box yet, so can't comment on the product at the moment. Hoping to install in a week or two and will report back.

702SaharaJL

First Name
Jason
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Bikini Blue
I decided to go with Maximus-3. They're relatively close to me, had the product in stock, and offer a military discount. Haven't even opened the box yet, so can't comment on the product at the moment. Hoping to install in a week or two and will report back.
Im gonna check them out. Im always down for the military discount.

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
I used the warn with poison spyder spacers under the footing to give it the extra space for the clutch handle to clear the oem steel bumper. When I received it I was glad I chose it because it is a solid plate!

Mikester86

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Rubicon
I used the warn with poison spyder spacers under the footing to give it the extra space for the clutch handle to clear the oem steel bumper. When I received it I was glad I chose it because it is a solid plate!
With the Maximus 3, no spacers needed and all the front skid plate holes lined up. This is with the factory steel bumper group on a 2020 JLUR.

Brian1022

First Name
Brian
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Liberty, 2021 Rubicon (on order)

Thanks!
I chose Maximum-3 for mine because I am also getting the tow loops for it too. I didn't find the same for the Warn (it might exist, just didn't find them).

OP

RNAV

First Name
Lee
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
I posted a new thread with my results here: Linky

Advertisement

Rock Krawler

Advertisement