Winch on my toad

Charles18JL

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I have an ‘18 JL Rubicon with steel bumper that I bought to be my RV toad. I’ve installed a Roadmaster base plate kit on it. I would like to install a Warn winch but I’m concerned the Roadmaster base plate frame will interfere with the Warn winch carrier. Does anyone here have any experience doing this, or have a suggestion.
Sponsored

ar15rifle

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. 2014 Audi A4. 2015 Fiat 500C. 1970 Ford F250
I have an ‘18 JL Rubicon with steel bumper that I bought to be my RV toad. I’ve installed a Roadmaster base plate kit on it. I would like to install a Warn winch but I’m concerned the Roadmaster base plate frame will interfere with the Warn winch carrier. Does anyone here have any experience doing this, or have a suggestion.
Did you ever find a winch plate to work? I'm in the same boat. I've got the Roadmaster base plate already installed and would like to add a winch. I think the JCR winch plate should work, but I'm not 100%.

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
Cannot answer the question about the baseplate, but there are bumper options that accept winches and are tow capable.

I personally tow my JLUS behind my RV. I am using the Rock hard 4x4 full width patriot Aluminum bumper along with LOD Bumper frame tie in brackets.

I have a 10k winch installed and do not lose any ground clearance since my blue ox tow points are on the front of the bumper instead of below it. (plus the bumper is a LOT lighter than anything else at 37 pounds. that is not a typo, the steel version fo the same bumper if weight is not an issue is 137)

For me I wanted to keep weight down.
Sponsored