Turk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR BW
Occupation
Industrial HVAC Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
I know there are several threads out there looking for solutions for people wanting a winch but living in a state requiring a front license plate.

I am not a big fan of roller fairleads or the flip-up gadgets that cover them to allow you a front plate mounting option.

I just wanted to point out that the Warn mounting plate kit comes with a handy front license plate bracket that can be used to mount under your fairlead adapter plate. sure it's a little bit tilted but you could bend it straight in a vice before installing. does the job for me. and was free with the warn mount kit. also some wing nuts are a good idea if you are worried about catching it on stuff when you hit the trail.

20180721_101234.jpg
Sponsored

One_Angry_Panda

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I know there are several threads out there looking for solutions for people wanting a winch but living in a state requiring a front license plate.

I am not a big fan of roller fairleads or the flip-up gadgets that cover them to allow you a front plate mounting option.

I just wanted to point out that the Warn mounting plate kit comes with a handy front license plate bracket that can be used to mount under your fairlead adapter plate. sure it's a little bit tilted but you could bend it straight in a vice before installing. does the job for me. and was free with the warn mount kit. also some wing nuts are a good idea if you are worried about catching it on stuff when you hit the trail.

20180721_101234.jpg

Do you have a link for this setup? Does it come with the bar as well? The bumper looks really good with the end pieces taken off.

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe Tuscadero, Black '05 Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
I bought the warn plate but don't remember the fairlead adapter nor the plate adapter...

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
I have the warn winch mount kit and have yet to unbox it and install the winch. It appears the plate adapter is part of the fairlead adapter and not a separate piece. Can anyone confirm this?
I don't run a front plate and would rather not have the bracket for a plate. I know I can cut it, but then the powder coat is messed up. Thinking I will order the mopar fairlead adapter if in fact the Warn fairlead adapter has the plate adapter built in.

cavguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I have the warn winch mount kit and have yet to unbox it and install the winch. It appears the plate adapter is part of the fairlead adapter and not a separate piece. Can anyone confirm this?
I don't run a front plate and would rather not have the bracket for a plate. I know I can cut it, but then the powder coat is messed up. Thinking I will order the mopar fairlead adapter if in fact the Warn fairlead adapter has the plate adapter built in.
The warn plate mount is indeed part of the fairlead adapter and not a separate piece.
Sponsored