Sponsored

Winch bumper on rubicon

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
does anyone think that the rubicon will be equipped with winch ready bumpers like the recon and hard rock? How about sliders or rails?
Sponsored

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
does anyone think that the rubicon will be equipped with winch ready bumpers like the recon and hard rock? How about sliders or rails?
Slidable Rails for sure. Hopefully retaining the option to still add Ace Engineering overtop like I did on my previous Rubicon and current A-X.

As for the bumper, there have been some with faux design/texture features to simulate a removables front fairlead hole, but nothing that truly look winch ready the way they did on the 10A/R-X/HR/Recon and BackCountry (which is different combining more Euro-style and wind-ready).

I suspect if there isn’t one winch capable bumper at launch that it might arrive in a Special Edition early in the new year.

bilash31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 JKU, '18 GC
The leaked owners manual has a section showing the removable end caps (presumably from a similar front bumper as the 10A/hard rock). Looking at the pics of the mules showing plastic bumpers with a similar appearance, I have not seen any indication the end caps are removeable. Taken together, I expect that jeep will continue with a winch capable metal bumper on the JLs similar to the 10A/HR. Obviously on a similar trim level/upgraded package. Whether or not on the rubicon is questionable.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
The leaked owners manual has a section showing the removable end caps (presumably from a similar front bumper as the 10A/hard rock). Looking at the pics of the mules showing plastic bumpers with a similar appearance, I have not seen any indication the end caps are removeable. Taken together, I expect that jeep will continue with a winch capable metal bumper on the JLs similar to the 10A/HR. Obviously on a similar trim level/upgraded package. Whether or not on the rubicon is questionable.
Yeah, I noticed that too in the user guide & owners manual, and we haven’t seen anything like the old ones sofar. I’s possible they don’t need to test the 10A/X/75A/Recon bumper, but to not see a single one on a mule makes me wonder what we’re missing in plain sight or if they just don’t want the added weight of the full steel bumpers.

And yeah, I think it will be limited to upper trims, which is why I also think it’s coming in early 2019 on a Special Edition.

I came up with a different modular theory , but that was more out of boredom and spitballing posibilities. By I was told by a friend, I was on the right track, which is annoying because I have no idea which part/track/what? Arrrggh !!! :angry:
Sponsored