• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 11, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 11, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Colorado Willys To Rubicon Coil Swap

TyRoosevelt

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep JL
Hello all,

I am wanting to level out my Willys by installing the Teraflex 1.5 leveling kit. Since I have to remove the coils anyways, I figured I would swap them out for the Rubicon Coils to get me extra height. My question is, do I need to do anything with the shocks? The Rubicon shocks come standard on the Willys. I am a little ignorant with this so does the longer coil mean I need to do any modifications with the shocks? Or can I just leave the shocks alone and focus on the coils and spacers?

Are the LCA's from the mopar lift kit recommended with what I am doing?
Sponsored

Rwhp042

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
Nothing else needed for the shocks. I don’t know much difference the longer LCAs make, but I put them on as well. Make sure to get the full spring set (left and right). Many threads on this forum go over this.
Jeep Wrangler JL Willys To Rubicon Coil Swap 40DBF959-07FA-4C71-9735-7A1D55860CF6

OP
OP
TyRoosevelt

TyRoosevelt

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep JL
Nothing else needed for the shocks. I don’t know much difference the longer LCAs make, but I put them on as well. Make sure to get the full spring set (left and right). Many threads on this forum go over this.
Jeep Wrangler JL Willys To Rubicon Coil Swap 40DBF959-07FA-4C71-9735-7A1D55860CF6
Looks great! Did you need a leveling kit? I have a steel bumper and I am trying to avoid reverse rake.

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
Are the LCA's from the mopar lift kit recommended with what I am doing?
The LCAs are 1/4" longer than stock and will add caster that the JLs need to improve the steering tracking and stability.

The Rubicon suspension and mopar lift LCAs are one of my best mods to date. I also added front spacers to get rid of the rake.

OP
OP
TyRoosevelt

TyRoosevelt

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep JL
The LCAs are 1/4" longer than stock and will add castor that the JLs need to improve the steering tracking and stability.

The Rubicon suspension and mopar lift LCAs are one of my best mods to date. I also added front spacers to get rid of the rake.
What spacer did you use? Do you have weight in the front? Thanks

Sponsored

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
What spacer did you use? Do you have weight in the front? Thanks
I went with 3/4" up front. Planning ahead for more weight from a bumper.

OP
OP
TyRoosevelt

TyRoosevelt

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep JL
Do any of you know the exact numbers for the rubicon coils? Too much information out there and I don't want to have lean or order the wrong part. Some people say one number up. Some people say 2. Dealer said 61, 62, 91, and 92.

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
IIRC the springs are trim specific i.e. 2door vs 4 door, hardtop vs soft top, steel bumper vs regular.
I would go look at mine but they have 18,000 miles on them and the tags are long gone. I also put 3/4 inch spacers in the front too.
Gregj

Sponsored