Sponsored

Willy's package with rock rails on order... looking for advise on mud guards. Do or Don't and which ones if yes.

Julz

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Camaro & have a Willy on order.
I'm finding that the molded mud flaps do not work with the rock rails. Has anyone found anything that they do like and what would it be? Pro's and Con's of them if you have them?
Sponsored

jpkramer203

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2018 Chrysler Pacifica Limited, 2016 Honda Civic Hatchback,2014 Ford F150 FX4,
I'm finding that the molded mud flaps do not work with the rock rails. Has anyone found anything that they do like and what would it be? Pro's and Con's of them if you have them?
I bought the RokBlokz for my 2021 Willys. Front only. They come with a cut-out with for the Rubicon rock rails. I mistakenly ordered the ones without the cut-out, but was able to easily use my Dremel multi-tool for a near perfect fit. I don't have any cons. The Pros: Install was pretty easy. I love the look. They are so low profile that you barely notice them. In fact, when photographed perfectly from the side, they do not show up on the picture.

OP
OP
Julz

Julz

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Camaro & have a Willy on order.
I bought the RokBlokz for my 2021 Willys. Front only. They come with a cut-out with for the Rubicon rock rails. I mistakenly ordered the ones without the cut-out, but was able to easily use my Dremel multi-tool for a near perfect fit. I don't have any cons. The Pros: Install was pretty easy. I love the look. They are so low profile that you barely notice them. In fact, when photographed perfectly from the side, they do not show up on the picture.
Thanks! I will check them out!

bio86250

First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys, 2022 JL Willys Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I took off the factory rock rail and sell it on forum, then I ordered the Mopar tubular side step. It works perfectly with the mud flap.

IMG_1098.JPG

Sponsored

wolfdog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yamaha FJR1300, 2021 JTO, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maritime Artisan, Mayflower II
Mud flaps tend to break off while doing serious off roading? :(

Go Jeep!!!

21 Willys

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Willys Sarge Green
I took off the factory rock rail and sell it on forum, then I ordered the Mopar tubular side step. It works perfectly with the mud flap.

IMG_1098.JPG
I also took off rock sliders and installed mopar side steps, but no mud flaps. See my avatar.

Bob Burd

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snwburd.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Front flaps good, back flaps bad, imo. I have Weathertech which work with rubi rock rails. The front ones block a lot of crap thrown un on the doors and hinges. Back ones just seem to get in the way.

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
Front mud flaps are functional....but look hideous IMHO....and don’t work when rock crawling. No need for rear mud flaps...
Sponsored