Willys Order - Deposit, Allocation, and Build time

jollycj

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jolly
I've been actively reading many of the order threads and finally went in today to order a 2 dr Willys after speaking to multiple dealers.

- To place the order the dealer asked for a deposit and wanted to check my credit. Is the credit check normal when ordering a jeep?
I get the deposit, the credit check seemed odd especially since I won't get the jeep for a couple months and may use dealer financing, my own, or pay cash.

- Dealer said it would take 4 - 6 months based on allocation in the region and could be a 22 by the time its built.
No idea how allocation works. Anyone getting similar info from dealers in California regarding limited allocations? Maybe it's just this dealer.

Had an FCA Control # for 1% under invoice, dealer was great on showing me the cost and discount. The 4-6 months lead time and credit check surprised me. This is the closet dealer to me. Thus trying to order from them.
Sponsored

displayname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I've been actively reading many of the order threads and finally went in today to order a 2 dr Willys after speaking to multiple dealers.

- To place the order the dealer asked for a deposit and wanted to check my credit. Is the credit check normal when ordering a jeep?
I get the deposit, the credit check seemed odd especially since I won't get the jeep for a couple months and may use dealer financing, my own, or pay cash.

- Dealer said it would take 4 - 6 months based on allocation in the region and could be a 22 by the time its built.
No idea how allocation works. Anyone getting similar info from dealers in California regarding limited allocations? Maybe it's just this dealer.

Had an FCA Control # for 1% under invoice, dealer was great on showing me the cost and discount. The 4-6 months lead time and credit check surprised me. This is the closet dealer to me. Thus trying to order from them.
The credit check seems a little unique to me, but maybe they are just trying to avoid orders where someone orders abs the dealer later finds out they have a 550 and they aren't ever getting approved.
I'd think they'd still be able to move the car, especially right now, but that seems logical to me.