Willys Edition JL Club Thread

Newdeal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Assuming the Rubicon springs are not included, do the Rubicon shocks give the Willys any type of lift over the Sport?
Sponsored

relayer4u

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Assuming the Rubicon springs are not included, do the Rubicon shocks give the Willys any type of lift over the Sport?
No the shocks don't give the Willys any additional lift, they are a tad higher only because of the 255/75R-17 tire vs the stock Sport tires.

cptchunk

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I added the Mopar performance rock rails and like them a lot. Perfect or my needs & they install easy; just like standard rubi-rails.
New JL wheels tires.jpg
What lift and tire size are you running? Any mods to the stock swing gate?

No the shocks don't give the Willys any additional lift, they are a tad higher only because of the 255/75R-17 tire vs the stock Sport tires.
So I had that question before as well and someone responded that their Sport was 21" from center of wheel to the fender and I was able to measure front and back of the Willys on mine as 21.5". However, I'm not sure if they were in an Unlimited and there's a difference there. It definitely seems like we have the Rubicon shocks, but not the springs, though. I've been trying to find out more info on this for a bit now.

relayer4u

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What lift and tire size are you running? Any mods to the stock swing gate?

So I had that question before as well and someone responded that their Sport was 21" from center of wheel to the fender and I was able to measure front and back of the Willys on mine as 21.5". However, I'm not sure if they were in an Unlimited and there's a difference there. It definitely seems like we have the Rubicon shocks, but not the springs, though. I've been trying to find out more info on this for a bit now.
I have the AEV Dual Sport spring lift and my tires are 315/70R17. On the back I have a Chinese clone of the Mopar gate reinforcement and the Teraflex Alpha tire carrier. I would recommend that folks stay away from the Mopar clone gate kits, the one I bought had a crappy hardware pack that makes me wish I had bought the factory part. Love the Teraflex tire carrier.

cptchunk

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I have the AEV Dual Sport spring lift and my tires are 315/70R17. On the back I have a Chinese clone of the Mopar gate reinforcement and the Teraflex Alpha tire carrier. I would recommend that folks stay away from the Mopar clone gate kits, the one I bought had a crappy hardware pack that makes me wish I had bought the factory part. Love the Teraflex tire carrier.
Good looking out! I love the look of the Willys in stock form, so I want to try and go for the OEM+ type of look. Is that the 2.5" or 3.5"?

Sponsored

relayer4u

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV only have a 2.5 spring lift for the JL and the 2.5" measurement is if installed on a Rubicon. On a Willys or Sport you get more like 4" of lift.

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
I have a question for Willys drivers. When I’m on the freeway for over 30 minutes my Willys does a quick wiggle from side to side where I feel like I can’t control it. Seems to happen every time and it only lasts about 3 seconds. I don’t notice going over a dip or a bump in the road when it happens. I had a TJ all stock that never did this. I should mention that I don’t have any steering issues, I’m very happy with the steering.

I’m wondering if it’s the bigger tires (my TJ tires were super small) combined with the mud tires and also because the Willys seems to be lifted. My Willys is stock I won’t be doing any modifications. Except I’m going to throw a white grill on at some point, I feel like the black grill is a bit masculine.

Does anyone else notice this in their Willys as well?

EDIT: I should mention my tires are 35-38 psi depending on the weather. I filled them to 37 as recommended on the door jam.
So I aired my tires down to 33 after I posted this and my Jeep hasn’t done it since then but I haven’t done any long distance freeway travel since then either. I don’t think it had to do with distance anyway, probably a bump in the road combined with windy conditions I’m guessing. Regardless, I’m super happy with the way it drives :)

Sponsored

yj93

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willy's Manual
So I aired my tires down to 33 after I posted this and my Jeep hasn’t done it since then but I haven’t done any long distance freeway travel since then either. I don’t think it had to do with distance anyway, probably a bump in the road combined with windy conditions I’m guessing. Regardless, I’m super happy with the way it drives :)
I need to air down my tires. They came at 41 from the dealer.

Then again, I have already put 1k miles on it, and have had 0 issues.

Very glad I got the Willys edition, even though I added almost all the options.

Hopefully you will not experience any more issues.

yj93

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willy's Manual
Updated my Wiilys with the Mopar satin black grill and the JT grill inserts:

IMG_20200209_160501.jpg
Did you completely remove the bumper flares? Or did you use a dremel and cut them down to size?

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
I need to air down my tires. They came at 41 from the dealer.

Then again, I have already put 1k miles on it, and have had 0 issues.

Very glad I got the Willys edition, even though I added almost all the options.

Hopefully you will not experience any more issues.
I haven’t! Super windy in my area today and I was on the freeway, Jeep drives very well, no shimmy, so happy with it!