Link

Impy5

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Can anyone give some insight on how loud the MT tires are on the road compared to an AT?

Jmonroe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR and a '99 Camaro SS convertible I bought new
Occupation
Retired
Can anyone give some insight on how loud the MT tires are on the road compared to an AT?
While we bought from dealer stock (about 24 hours after it came of the truck) it had been spec'd with the no cost option mud tires. Noise is a non issue, and I am sensitive to that kind of thing. Was the same with our 07 Rubicon.

Sponsored

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
Just picked mine up 3 days ago! Regarding the glossy grill, I noticed AFTER i ordered it that there was an option for a black Matte grill for an extra $395, don’t quote me on that price though. Also, I don’t even notice the mud tires. I do not think they are loud. I’m not sensitive to noise though.

44ACC380-CB50-458B-B151-6409235E0ED2.jpeg

6B8528D2-D464-41DC-8521-6885B524CE0A.jpeg

C56EE1CC-3BE4-465C-9728-FE8C9DC5DFDB.jpeg

stiks511

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
land rover discovery sport
Just picked mine up 3 days ago! Regarding the glossy grill, I noticed AFTER i ordered it that there was an option for a black Matte grill for an extra $395, don’t quote me on that price though. Also, I don’t even notice the mud tires. I do not think they are loud. I’m not sensitive to noise though.

44ACC380-CB50-458B-B151-6409235E0ED2.jpeg

6B8528D2-D464-41DC-8521-6885B524CE0A.jpeg

C56EE1CC-3BE4-465C-9728-FE8C9DC5DFDB.jpeg
Hey, your Willys looks great! I ordered one from Rob on the 7th so i'm still waiting for mine. Question, since you live in LA too, did you drop the air pressure on the tires or drive them home as they were delivered?

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey, your Willys looks great! I ordered one from Rob on the 7th so i'm still waiting for mine. Question, since you live in LA too, did you drop the air pressure on the tires or drive them home as they were delivered?
I expressed deep concern to Rob about steering issues and told him if it didn’t drive well I wouldn’t purchase it. So he told me he’d adjust the tire pressure so I’d get the real feel of the Jeep before I picked it up. He’s well aware of the issue. I also asked him if I could take it for an extended test drive for an hour and he said absolutely I could.

The air pressure in the tires were at 39 when I picked it up. Drove fine at 39. Door jamb says 37 so a few days after I brought it home I dropped the pressure down to 37.

Mine drives great! Took both hands off the steering wheel going 55 mph and it tracked straight for 8-10 seconds. I also took it up to 70mp on the highway during the test drive. Also, when I turn the steering wheel the tires move right along with it so I’m very happy with my Jeep.

Let me know how your purchase goes, I hope you get a great Jeep too! And the deposit is refundable if you decide not to take delivery on it. Good luck!

stiks511

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I expressed deep concern to Rob about steering issues and told him if it didn’t drive well I wouldn’t purchase it. So he told me he’d adjust the tire pressure so I’d get the real feel of the Jeep before I picked it up. He’s well aware of the issue. I also asked him if I could take it for an extended test drive for an hour and he said absolutely I could.

The air pressure in the tires were at 39 when I picked it up. Drove fine at 39. Door jamb says 37 so a few days after I brought it home I dropped the pressure down to 37.

Mine drives great! Took both hands off the steering wheel going 55 mph and it tracked straight for 8-10 seconds. I also took it up to 70mp on the highway during the test drive. Also, when I turn the steering wheel the tires move right along with it so I’m very happy with my Jeep.

Let me know how your purchase goes, I hope you get a great Jeep too! And the deposit is refundable if you decide not to take delivery on it. Good luck!
Excellent. Thanks so much. I will ask him to check the pressure and also for an extended test drive. Crossing my fingers all will be good! I’m getting excited. :)
Now I’ll need to decide which LA dealer to take it to for service.

Timmyjoe

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport-S "Islander" (2-Door)
Although my JL is not a Willys (I wish) and is just a stock 2019 Sport S, I did a similar thing before taking delivery. I dropped the air pressure to 36psi in all four tires(the dealers keep them at about 40psi to avoid flat spots on the tires when they sit on the lot), then drove it down the highway at 80mph. When everything tracked well, no wobble, and the steering was plenty responsive, I agreed to the purchase.

I've since put 2500 miles on it, mostly highway miles, and (knock wood) the steering still performs flawlessly.

Good luck with your Willys.

Best,
-Tim

Sponsored

rosie

First Name
Rose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red Willys 2-Door
I dropped mine as well to 37psi. Better driving experience overall, I’ve found.

The road noise is pretty minimal. More than a Grand Cherokee or Ford Explorer, but not so loud that you can’t carry a conversation (no need to shout!) and keep the music at a reasonable level (if you don’t want to rock out).

stiks511

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

hey @Jennalee, how are you finding the MT tires in this rain?

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
hey @Jennalee, how are you finding the MT tires in this rain?
Just been out in light rain yesterday. I take the corners very slowly and accelerate slowly from a stop so it was fine. Haven’t driven through puddles or pouring rain so can’t speak to that just yet. I’m worried the tires will slide around so I’m driving A LOT slower than normal. I figure that’s the best way with these tires! I’ll repost if I get caught out while it’s pouring.
Sponsored