Willys Edition JL Club Thread

geolchris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys, 2023 JLUR on order
Did your takeoffs come with LEDs/the harness? Did you have to do any programming? Looking into doing this eventually
My takeoff fenders did not come with a complete fender harness, the seller had cut it out of the car, and the halogen fender harness does not have the full set of pins but is otherwise compatible, I had to splice in a single jumper wire from behind the body harness to the Frankenstein fender harness I crafted from the cut front of the LED harness and the back half of my halogen harness. The good news is, the body harness does have all the wires for LED or Halogen present, so if you have the full LED fender harness it will be plug and play (electrically plug and play, still need tazer or jscan for programming LED). I do NOT recommend paying full price for a set of fenders with a cut harness, they’re useless unless you’re willing and able to do the mods I did. And, at least when I did this two years ago, it was impossible to buy just the harness from Jeep.
Sponsored

blink9cd

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Willys
My takeoff fenders did not come with a complete fender harness, the seller had cut it out of the car, and the halogen fender harness does not have the full set of pins but is otherwise compatible, I had to splice in a single jumper wire from behind the body harness to the Frankenstein fender harness I crafted from the cut front of the LED harness and the back half of my halogen harness. The good news is, the body harness does have all the wires for LED or Halogen present, so if you have the full LED fender harness it will be plug and play (electrically plug and play, still need tazer or jscan for programming LED). I do NOT recommend paying full price for a set of fenders with a cut harness, they’re useless unless you’re willing and able to do the mods I did. And, at least when I did this two years ago, it was impossible to buy just the harness from Jeep.
Wow kudos to your work there. I would not be ready to do that splicing. Luckily I was able to pick up a set of Rubicon takeoffs today with LEDs and the complete wiring harness! Sounds like a Tazer or Jscan is in my future (another thing to research lol)

Sponsored

Sponsored

Slippery Pete

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUW XR 2.0T
didn't come with a fuel door?
mine did, but probably because it's a diesel and people get confused by seeing the green cap, or the DEF port in there too,... 😄
It's a Willys. Not available on orders.

Slippery Pete

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUW XR 2.0T
so's mine.
Oh! Must be the Diesel then. Willys doesn't come with fuel doors (at least 2022) or the ability to add it. Sport models I believe you can order it but it's not included.

JohnsWilly

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Willys Sport
Our 2021 Willys Sport. We got the Sunrider top as our only real modification to date otherwise bone stock.

Attached is a pic from the Tillamook Jeep Jamboree this past June as our first real Jeep event. Loved playing around in the mud. I'm pleased to say our Willys made it up a steep muddy hill several 4-door Rubicons DIDN'T make it up. While I think it was my driving skills, I think the mud terrain tires were the real reason.

I will attend a jamboree next year, so I am looking for a modest lift and bigger tires. (I also love the idea of adding Rubicon springs in lieu of a lift.)

image1 (6).jpeg
Sponsored