First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Willys, 2015 Toyota Sienna XLE
Occupation
Restaurant Manager
This is still fully stock, no lift. Planning on 2" lift in the near future. Here are some more recent photos...
IMG_7102.JPG
IMG_7098.JPG
IMG_7095.JPG
I’m going with the KO2s as well once my M/T2s have hit the end of their life. They look really good on your ride. I love the white letters.

Question: Are you still running the stock tire carrier? You seem to have waaaay more room between the spare and bumper than I do for mine currently.
Sponsored

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
you are aware that the shocks on the Willys are the same as those on a Rubicon, right?
differences can be found in the springs, depending on how each vehicle was set up, but can vary within each; for example, a Willys with the Diesel has different springs than a Willys with another engine.

search around here and you'll find at least one thread devoted entirely to springs.

Very cool. I have a Willys on order and I am yet to experience the Firestone MTs in daily driving conditions.
If it is beyond my noise bearable level, I will switch it out to this very setup! BFG KO2s and also add the Rubicon springs and suspension.

I read a few posts as to how the Sport model Jeep would be better served (although not a 100% necessity) to have the Rubicon springs and suspension, to better take the load of the added mass of the 33" tires.

Willys22

First Name
SK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Willys 22
Installed the Mopar High-Line fender flares with LED lights....Love the look....hated the install! The pieces attached to the bumper were a nightmare!
20220516_130338.jpg
20220516_130348.jpg
20220516_130356.jpg
Looks great. Did you install Rubicon spring and tires?

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
OEM springs are cheap new. The Willys doesn’t need new shocks.

As far as tire noise with the MT2s, wait until you remove the top. Holy crap! Tires have moved up on my priority list now.

Sponsored

jurassic3k

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys, 2021 Kia Telluride SX AWD
Looks great. Did you install Rubicon spring and tires?
Thanks! It's the oem Willys suspension with bf goodrich 285/70/17. Ride quality improved big time over factory tires

MidwestJeeper

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Sarge JLU Willys 2.0T
Occupation
Engineer
you are aware that the shocks on the Willys are the same as those on a Rubicon, right?
differences can be found in the springs, depending on how each vehicle was set up, but can vary within each; for example, a Willys with the Diesel has different springs than a Willys with another engine.

search around here and you'll find at least one thread devoted entirely to springs.
Yessir! I'm aware of the common shocks on the Willys and Rubicon, but different spring set ups based on whats under the hood and overall GVWR.
In my humble opinion, I would rather upgrade my springs to the stiffer Rubicon/Mojave/392 ones when I add on additional rubber weight to all 4 corners. :)

shnider10

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Chevy Impala
the fenders can be ordered in (at least) 4 different configurations; either with or without LEDs.
I ordered an XR, so they should be the high Rubicon fenders. I assumed they would be LED.

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
OK; the way you had worded it, it wasn't clear you weren't planning on changing shocks too.

want the tallest springs? i've got a set out of my diesel available,.. :)

and be sure you get that 5th tire to match. 👍

Yessir! I'm aware of the common shocks on the Willys and Rubicon, but different spring set ups based on whats under the hood and overall GVWR.
In my humble opinion, I would rather upgrade my springs to the stiffer Rubicon/Mojave/392 ones when I add on additional rubber weight to all 4 corners. :)

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
the hi-line fenders (like what come on the Rubi and with the XR package) come both ways; with and without LEDs.

i guess you'd have to ask someone who's gotten an XR Willys, but i don't remember seeing any mention of LED front turn signals as part of the XR package.

(personally, i prefer the amber color turn signals over the white LEDs, but that's an individual preference.)

and of course, there's no guarantee that what they did for one vehicle they'll do exactly the same way for another,... 😄

I ordered an XR, so they should be the high Rubicon fenders. I assumed they would be LED.

Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Thanks! It's the oem Willys suspension with bf goodrich 285/70/17. Ride quality improved big time over factory tires
Check to see if they sold you load range E tires. If so, that’s why you ride is harsh.

Jeeb

First Name
JEEB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps!
Here’s my 2021 so far. I’ve had it since October and have nearly 4,000 miles on it. I’ve done the teraflex 1.5” lift, kmc Mesa wheels, 35” toyo open country M/T tires, Oracle headlights and tail lights, mopar steel bumper, rugged ridge spare tire carrier, rigid pod lights, diode dynamics clear corners.

F38D3CA8-267B-463C-B2F7-EEBC47C4B38C.jpeg

5E32308E-48EB-4B4B-B338-2558F8013FB8.jpeg
Looks SO good!!! Did you also re-gear?

jurassic3k

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys, 2021 Kia Telluride SX AWD
Check to see if they sold you load range E tires. If so, that’s why you ride is harsh.
My new tires are C rated and are Vastly better than the factory Firestone tires that originaly came on the Jeep. I have no idea what the Firestone's were rated.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
The Firestones are also load range C.

Traveller128

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys 2 Door 6 speed
Occupation
Volvo Master Technician
Don't know why some people have that issue. We have load range E tires and it rides and drives great. Better than stock.
Sponsored