First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU Rubicon Recon
Occupation
King Shit of Turd Island
Thanks again for the great pictures and positive thoughts . My escape plan didn't work , something about a minimum 48 hour stay . They keep reminding me that I almost died . The crazy good thing is after many tests doctor said I have zero permanent damages to my heart . It's pumping at a normal capacity . Feeling even better after that news . After I do get released tomorrow I'm Going to start by ordering a set of nerf bars with steps . Hope to have a bunch of addon's in hand before the Willys arrives . Tires , mud flaps , and some extras that will make it ours . Really looking forward to posting some pictures . The pictures that you folks have posted have been the best medicine for me . Words fall short of my gratitude for the well wishes and pictures that helped me get a start on this journey . Alot of good people out there and most of them drive jeeps and are on this forum . You guys make me proud to be here .
A new Jeep will make any illness fade away. Happy to hear you are doing much better. Can't wait to see the new ride with all the planned additions!
Sponsored

NMPirate

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU Rubicon Recon
Occupation
King Shit of Turd Island
Best of luck as you move forward. Adding steps is the first thing did on my Willys. Wife and daughter needed help getting in so I went with these. Gotta admit they make it easier for me with a bad knee to get in as well. And like you are planning, I had them on hand when the Jeep arrived. Go Rhino RB20 running boards.

71A67E32-ACA9-4783-8DD8-C19D36D33911_1_105_c.jpeg

199552B6-00F8-4DE6-A71A-C546EF29102D_1_105_c.jpeg
Did the rock rails have to come off for those to fit properly? I have seen that many step need the rails removed.

Dubv09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys JLU
This looks fantastic. Just the right amount of lift if sticking with the stock tires in my opinion. How’s the ride compared to stock?
it took a second to get use to it, but we have been dealing with snow and wind the last week, so I’m not sure if that’s a fair sample size. Either way if there is a change it’s minor. Since I installed a steering stabilizer too I do think there is an increase in steering response.

Slaw32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 willy's sport
A new Jeep will make any illness fade away. Happy to hear you are doing much better. Can't wait to see the new ride with all the planned additions!
Thanks for the positive thoughts . You are right , I can work out a whole lot in my head before taking delivery . Was surprised when doctor said no work for 4 weeks . That will probably be a little too much thinking .... At least it will be constructive time and Will be put to good use .

gsbrockman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Plus A8 & F8 Green
Occupation
Owner / Operator Brockman Hauling, LLC
Vehicle Showcase
Remote start will be next, still deciding on if I do OEM remote start or after market. I am leaning to OEM, as dealer will give it to me at cost, plus labor.
I went with the OEM remote start. I also now have four fobs in total that still work, two remote and two non-remote. It took a little longer than normal for mine to recognize the sales code for the remote start after it was added, but it worked perfectly when I paid after the work was completed.

My part number for the remote start (which actually only consists of the two new fobs) was 82216342AA.

Sponsored

Bamabww

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys, Snazzberry.
Occupation
Retired and loving it.
Did the rock rails have to come off for those to fit properly? I have seen that many step need the rails removed.
Yes they have to be removed. And these brackets attached. No drilling required.
Jeep Wrangler JL Willys Edition JL Club Thread DCCBAFE5-7C15-4F47-A521-8EB3277951BA_1_105_c

Slaw32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 willy's sport
I'm still here . Already getting bored . I read on the forum that they discontinued the snazzberry color recently . I called jeep cares , had them look up my vin number and they confirmed my Willys will be snazzberry , even better yet it has been scheduled and they gathering parts . I know that gathering parts doesn't mean it's being built , but at least they didn't forget about my order . Considering how my week has been going this is great news . I ordered my nerf bars after talking with
Jeep cares so now I'm gathering parts as well.

Sponsored