dmc3csc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Attention all Willys owners...

Anyone install a Mopar steel rear bumper? Curious to see if it will fit the Willys wheel/tire setup or if it will rub. Sport owners mentioned they need to upgrade to a rubi tire carrier.
I have both front and rear steels. The stock Willys carrier will be fine with the stock tires. When I put the 285 BFG tires on they rubbed the top of the bumper.
Sponsored

sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys
I have both front and rear steels. The stock Willys carrier will be fine with the stock tires. When I put the 285 BFG tires on they rubbed the top of the bumper.
Thanks! I guess the sport carrier is different which makes sense.

Are you running rubi LED fenders? I'm ordering a set of those too. Did you program with JScan or Tazer?
You swap the gloss grill for satin? Any more pics?

garyji

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Sahara, 2021 JLU Willys
Did you have to replace the fender flares so the rear bumper will line up??

Thanks,

G.

dmc3csc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
I did put the rubi flares with LEDs on. I did use a Tazer to activate the LED turns. Currently my grill is just plasti-dipped. I do have the trim and Mopar satin grill I will put on in the spring. No new pictures with my Black Rhino wheels yet.

20200711_144605.jpg

Sponsored

JeepKev

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU Willys, previous 80 CJ5
Occupation
retired, rewired
Here is my 2021 JLU Willys with a 2.5 Metacloak Gamechanger lift with Rocksport shocks, Fuel Rebel wheels wrapped in 35x12.5x17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Rugged Ridge HD hinges and tire carrier.

Jeep Wrangler JL Willys Edition JL Club Thread 20211205_135242

Jeep Wrangler JL Willys Edition JL Club Thread 20211205_135242
Great build, like the marker lights up front too!

KJKWillys

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Granite Crystal Willys - 6 Speed Manual
I have the most basic of questions for the group. How would you describe 'what' a Willys model is to someone who maybe sees Wranglers on the road all the time and likes them (but does not know there are several models) or maybe somebody who owns a Rubicon or Sahara lets say but just bought it cause it looks cool and is not someone who would participate in this forum / live the life? Serious question as opposed to just calling them a moron and ignoring them.

Sponsored

YTBlue

First Name
YT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU Willys Edition
I have the most basic of questions for the group. How would you describe 'what' a Willys model is to someone who maybe sees Wranglers on the road all the time and likes them (but does not know there are several models) or maybe somebody who owns a Rubicon or Sahara lets say but just bought it cause it looks cool and is not someone who would participate in this forum / live the life? Serious question as opposed to just calling them a moron and ignoring them.
If you plan to go off-road, the Willys has everything you will need or want to start with unless you're a rock crawler or gravitate to extreme conditions, in which case you definitely want the Rubicon. I was so glad and satisfied with my Willys a few months ago when I went off-roading at Arches in Moab and then did Shafer Road in Canyonlands. My Willys was a beast. I love my Willys...
Jeep Wrangler JL Willys Edition JL Club Thread Moab Offroadin

Last edited:

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Just tell them it kinda splits the difference between a Rubicon and a Sport. That will be enough for most non-Jeep people. They will get bored with all of the technical details.

One guy I was talking with who had a new Rubicon said he’d seen a few driving around and asked me what that decal meant as far as content. Obviously, as we spoke, he knew little to nothing about his Rubicon. I just said with a smile that it meant I paid a lot less for mine. He got a good laugh out of that.

Last edited:

JMGT25

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
I just say its a step below the Rubicon. If they are knowledge I'll explain the differences in not having lockers vs limited slip and electronic sway bar disconnect.