First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2.0L Turbo
Occupation
Jeepin'
I recommend changing those tires for somthing a bit better....look at the Toyo open country III...285x70R17. Fits like a charm on those Moab wheels and really makes a difference on handeling. Even went rock climbing with a bunch of Rubis and no problems going where they go....
Same here. I have 285/75R17 Toyo ATIIIs on my Willys and stock Moab wheels. The handling, wet performance and traction on rock & sand is excellent. I've been using my sidewalls quite a bit lately. :)

ATIIIs on stock suspension:

Jeep Wrangler JL Willys Edition JL Club Thread 20210304_104806

Same tire & wheel package with a lift:

Jeep Wrangler JL Willys Edition JL Club Thread 20211023_105525
Sponsored

Donkey Fluffer

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU
Toyo Open Country ATIII 285/75/R17 on stock Moab wheels. C range tire, only 59 lbs. Highly recommend. Also the spare fit on the original stock rear bumper. But I went aftermarket to MP Concepts aluminum bumper, which required required a relocation kit. Damned silly of MP Concepts to not plan for people to put bigger than stock tires on, and these are only 34's

20211024_155122.jpg

Benlimon160

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler willys
Still having that debate in my head currently but they are 35x12.50r17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers…. I too love the MOAB wheels on the Willys but I also am debating on going with beadlock wheels… really would just rather spend the money on other things than wheels especially when I like the wheels I have.
I like the willys wheels better than the Rubicon

Rugradu8

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Wrangler TJ
Toyo Open Country ATIII 285/75/R17 on stock Moab wheels. C range tire, only 59 lbs. Highly recommend. Also the spare fit on the original stock rear bumper. But I went aftermarket to MP Concepts aluminum bumper, which required required a relocation kit. Damned silly of MP Concepts to not plan for people to put bigger than stock tires on, and these are only 34's

20211024_155122.jpg
Is that stock suspension?

James202198

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU Willys
Occupation
F&I Manager at Jeep Dealership
Vehicle Showcase
I like the willys wheels better than the Rubicon
Yeah so do I, they’re probably my favorite wheels that come from the factory (excluding the like Mopar beadlocks) that’s why it’s tough for me to pull the trigger on different wheels plus not worth spending the money on them but one day I’m sure I’ll throw some beadlocks on.

Sponsored

Outrider1

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None yet
What is the difference between the 24w and 25w package?
As the 2022's are ready to be ordered shortly the best bet would be to compare on the "Jeep Build" site. Packages can and do change.

Phoneboy

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Willys
They are some off brands I got on Amazon, link below:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07L7YBYDZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I really wanted AVS brand rain guards since I've had them on multiple previous Jeeps of mine but couldn't find the in cannel ones for the JL model. Thankfully these do a great job, and I'm very pleased with them. As far as any rattling there is none whatsoever and yes they are in channel, that's the only kind I'll buy since I think the over the window ones are an eye sore. My one and only complaint would be that when I put my front windows up you can hear the window slide against the rain guards that makes you worry you're scratching the window or damaging the tint or something but seems to not be causing any issues just a slightly tight squeeze once the window is all the way up which even the AVS brand ones did that on my older Jeeps, the sound just wasn't as noticeable but you have to expect it with any in channel rain guards. That being said I would recommend them and would certainly purchase them again.
Thank you. If I had an option between Avs and these, which would you pick?

Sponsored

James202198

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU Willys
Occupation
F&I Manager at Jeep Dealership
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you. If I had an option between Avs and these, which would you pick?
If I could have found the AVS in channel ones I would have went with them just because I’m familiar with them and have had multiple before but if I got another Jeep and wanted to order them again and had the option between these or AVS I’d choose AVS… still would order this brand again tho because it is still a great product… I think the plastic used on these is a little thicker than the AVS so I believe that’s why you can hear when the window makes contact when putting them up, these are also not as flimsy as the AVS which I kinda like but just my 2¢

Bamabww

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys, Snazzberry.
Occupation
Retired and loving it.
I've been shopping for a cargo mat for my ordered 2021 Unlimited Willys and see a question similar to this "does your trim level have the flat floor or do the brackets show where the rear seats fold down?"

How do I know? Thanks,

Tacoman03

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR Recon 2022 Bronco Raptor
Vehicle Showcase
I've been shopping for a cargo mat for my ordered 2021 Unlimited Willys and see a question similar to this "does your trim level have the flat floor or do the brackets show where the rear seats fold down?"

How do I know? Thanks,
If you have cloth seats your brackets show. Leather seats have a gap cover …. My Rubi has leather and the gap cover while my new Willys has cloth and no gap cover

Wrangler73

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Unlimited
I realize there is a suspension forum, but wanted to ask here since sounds like a few have done this. I'm looking at adding the rubicon springs/shocks to my 2021 Willys. They came off a 2021 with 3K miles (friend took off to have his Rubicon lifted). If I change my Willys springs and shocks is there anything else that has to be changed? or is it simple springs and shocks and done? Sorry - not a mechanic and dont know a ton about lifts. My last Jeep I had lifted but this one I really like the height of the factory Rubicons and can get springs/shocks/control arms for $100. Thanks for the help. I appreciate it.
Jeep Wrangler JL Willys Edition JL Club Thread IMG_1325
Sponsored