First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
I have no experience with an eTorque. Lots of threads on this site. The advantage of not having is that there is less to go wrong.

The advantage of having it is better in town mileage and smoother start/stop cycles. There is a slight simplification in that the BSG (belt starter/generator) replaces the traditional starter and alternator.

The disadvantage is a very expensive 48 volt battery mounted under the body that is further complicated by having it’s own cooling lines running to it.

Both have been very reliable.

Last edited:

Rescue119

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2021 Jeep GC L Limited
Thank you. And what are pros/cons of each engine or do you have a link you recommend?
This is my 3rd of the v6s. My 2019 Pacifica I just traded in and now my.wifes 2021 grand cherokee L has the v6 with ess. My Willys has the eTorque. Before the first thing I would do is turn the ess off when I get in either of those vehicles. It's very abrupt and there's a slight delay when restarting.

Now that I have the eTorque it's barely noticble when it turns off and on and it reacts quicker when restarting. I havent found the need to deactivate it.

So if you have to chose go with the eTorque.

OBD

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jl Wrangler ,2016Soul,Dyna,Sportster,HD
I have no experience with an eTorque. Lots of threads on this site. The advantage of not having is that there is less to go wrong.

The advantage of having it is better in town mileage and smoother start/stop cycles. There is a slight simplification favor in that the BSG (belt starter/generator) replaces the traditional starter and alternator.

The disadvantage is a very expensive 48 volt battery mounted under the body that is further complicated by having it’s own cooling lines running to it.

Both have been very reliable.
I let my age and love of simplicity deter me from eTorque. After warranty I intend to do what I have to do to delete the start stop and second battery feature completely.Hopefully this is my last new vehicle....

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
I let my age and love of simplicity deter me from eTorque. After warranty I intend to do what I have to do to delete the start stop and second battery feature completely.Hopefully this is my last new vehicle....
My dad said that about 10 new vehicles ago. He’s 83 now and I never know what I’ll see him driving next. :LOL:

Sponsored

PBarthe

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK unlimited 2012 Crush; JL Willis Edition 2021
Here's my ride...had it for 2 month and I love it. Changed my wheels for some Toyo Open Country III. They are really an improvement agains those Destinations. Went rock climbing and this jeep performed well beyond expectations. Used the Rock sliders a couple of times and my under plates. No worries. This Rig is just the best. Used to have a JKU 2012. Wasn't as good in the trails.

20211013_125824.jpg

20211023_093546.jpg

Phoneboy

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Willys
Jeep Wrangler JL Willys Edition JL Club Thread 20211023_093546

Did a little flexing today with “Willow” since getting the 2.5 lift and 35s
It’s beautiful. Which window deflectors do you have and are you happy with them. Do they rattle at all? Last but not least, are they in the window channel. Thanks ☺

Rescue119

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
what
Here's my ride...had it for 2 month and I love it. Changed my wheels for some Toyo Open Country III. They are really an improvement agains those Destinations. Went rock climbing and this jeep performed well beyond expectations. Used the Rock sliders a couple of times and my under plates. No worries. This Rig is just the best. Used to have a JKU 2012. Wasn't as good in the trails.

what size stubby is that?

James202198

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU Willys
Occupation
F&I Manager at Jeep Dealership
Vehicle Showcase
It’s beautiful. Which window deflectors do you have and are you happy with them. Do they rattle at all? Last but not least, are they in the window channel. Thanks ☺
They are some off brands I got on Amazon, link below:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07L7YBYDZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I really wanted AVS brand rain guards since I've had them on multiple previous Jeeps of mine but couldn't find the in cannel ones for the JL model. Thankfully these do a great job, and I'm very pleased with them. As far as any rattling there is none whatsoever and yes they are in channel, that's the only kind I'll buy since I think the over the window ones are an eye sore. My one and only complaint would be that when I put my front windows up you can hear the window slide against the rain guards that makes you worry you're scratching the window or damaging the tint or something but seems to not be causing any issues just a slightly tight squeeze once the window is all the way up which even the AVS brand ones did that on my older Jeeps, the sound just wasn't as noticeable but you have to expect it with any in channel rain guards. That being said I would recommend them and would certainly purchase them again.

Sponsored

openingshok

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Grand Cherokee Limited X | 2024 JLUR 2.0T AT
Occupation
Headshot Photographer
9/8 order
9/17 D
10/5 D1
10/26 email from crypto with build sticker
10/26 JC we are showing your keep is delivered to dealership

I’m pumped! Hopefully get to pick up my Willys tonight!
That’s awesome!

ChuckMalone

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys Sport
I’ve had mine for about a week now. As a first time Wrangler owner, and having little experience with them in the past, here are my thoughts:

My Willys Sport is a 2 door, soft top, 2.0T automatic. Only thing I added was A/C. I’ve been on highway, paved road, gravel road, dirt road….dry conditions, sleet, and torrential downpour so far in a week. Put 400 miles on it.

Drove it home from the dealer, put the top down. I thought to myself, this is what it’s all about! Cranked up the music…..whoa this sucks. It was not impressive. To get to my street there is road with a long steep decline, and it’s bumpy as hell. In my Charger I can take it at 50-60mph with no problems. At 40 in the Jeep I was terrified. This thing was all over the road. Every bump felt like I was going to lose it. Got home, looked at the PSI. 43!!!!!! Dropped it down to 35, went back out there to the hill. Smooth as….well, as a Jeep but very nice.

I’ve been pretty rough with the tires, trying to test their limits in all that crappy weather. So far I’m very impressed. Only lost traction once, and I caused it to happen. Everything else I threw at it was great. They are loud though. Not so loud where I want to get rid of them. The tires plus the soft top on the highway was an new experience! Replaced the halogen lights with Beamtech LED’s for $40; great, cheap upgrade.

People I know mocked me for getting a 2 door because of the size, but I was able to fit 2 adults, 2 kids, 2 backpacks, a potted plant and football equipment in there. Only thing not in the ”trunk” was one of the backpacks. (It’s not our primary vehicle, my wife has an SUV for everyday stuff and long trips) I have a new radio on (back)order, will be buying new speakers eventually, and maaaaaaybe giving it a bit of a lift. We’ll see.

I’ve been lucky to have the top down 4 times in October here in DC which is great. I love this thing. It’s been my dream vehicle since I was a kid. Hope all of you enjoy yours too!

Rescue119

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ve had mine for about a week now. As a first time Wrangler owner, and having little experience with them in the past, here are my thoughts:

My Willys Sport is a 2 door, soft top, 2.0T automatic. Only thing I added was A/C. I’ve been on highway, paved road, gravel road, dirt road….dry conditions, sleet, and torrential downpour so far in a week. Put 400 miles on it.

Drove it home from the dealer, put the top down. I thought to myself, this is what it’s all about! Cranked up the music…..whoa this sucks. It was not impressive. To get to my street there is road with a long steep decline, and it’s bumpy as hell. In my Charger I can take it at 50-60mph with no problems. At 40 in the Jeep I was terrified. This thing was all over the road. Every bump felt like I was going to lose it. Got home, looked at the PSI. 43!!!!!! Dropped it down to 35, went back out there to the hill. Smooth as….well, as a Jeep but very nice.

I’ve been pretty rough with the tires, trying to test their limits in all that crappy weather. So far I’m very impressed. Only lost traction once, and I caused it to happen. Everything else I threw at it was great. They are loud though. Not so loud where I want to get rid of them. The tires plus the soft top on the highway was an new experience! Replaced the halogen lights with Beamtech LED’s for $40; great, cheap upgrade.

People I know mocked me for getting a 2 door because of the size, but I was able to fit 2 adults, 2 kids, 2 backpacks, a potted plant and football equipment in there. Only thing not in the ”trunk” was one of the backpacks. (It’s not our primary vehicle, my wife has an SUV for everyday stuff and long trips) I have a new radio on (back)order, will be buying new speakers eventually, and maaaaaaybe giving it a bit of a lift. We’ll see.

I’ve been lucky to have the top down 4 times in October here in DC which is great. I love this thing. It’s been my dream vehicle since I was a kid. Hope all of you enjoy yours too!
the Alpine system is much better lol.

but i got the same thing. wife and 2 kids. lots of fun. cant wait for the snow. and same we have the big GC L so thats the big trip vehicle.

PBarthe

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK unlimited 2012 Crush; JL Willis Edition 2021
I recommend changing those tires for somthing a bit better....look at the Toyo open country III...285x70R17. Fits like a charm on those Moab wheels and really makes a difference on handeling. Even went rock climbing with a bunch of Rubis and no problems going where they go....
Sponsored