Sponsored

Willys Edition JL Club Thread

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
sorry, you misunderstood; perhaps another victim of the confusion created by J**p Marketing?
the "Willys based on the JLU Sport" i referenced most definitely comes with the leather wheel.

Both are true. The Wrangler Sport as well as the Willys Sport both don't have a leather steering wheel. You need to upgrade to the Sport S OR the Willys to get those options.
Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Once again. Willys is based on the Sport S. This is the worst package naming Jeep has done. The whole Willys (higher trim) vs Willys Sport (lower trim) is very confusing.

If I was just casually looking at Jeeps, I would assume that by adding Sport to Willys that it would have a higher level of standard equipment. Jeep’s build and price is no help at all.

I wonder how many people have ordered thinking they are getting a Willys and are surpised to see a Willys Sport that is missing options they though came with the package.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I decided to replace mine before I even took delivery based on reviews of the Firestones and how horrible they claimed them to handle in wet conditions. I'll be seeing more rainy on-road days than off-road days so an All-Terrain meets my needs better anyway. I will say, in the few days I had them on the Jeep they weren't terribly noisy but the ride was rough. When I got the Falken Wildpeak AT3's on the ride was noticeably smoother.
I bought a '19JLR back in 2019 because the Willys was not availble back then. I sold that JLR and now I am replacing it. I am trying to decide between another JLR or a Willys? I love everything about the Willys except the MTs that come on it. I really wish they put K02s on the Willys like I had on my '19JLR. The KO2 were very quiet , wore well, great in rain, winter and snow.

I guess I could sell the MTs that come on the Willys and buy new tires like you did. Did you sell your MTs? Any idea of how much they are worth as take-offs? How much were the Falken Wildpeak AT3's ? Did you choose them over a K02 for any specific reason?

Tacoman03

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR Recon 2022 Bronco Raptor
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't even taken delivery yet, and am trying to figure how to get rid of the white lettering!!!
Hey Willys friends! What's your secret to cleaning the white lettering on the tires?

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Man I’m debating ordering my wife a 22 XR Willys or lift her 21 Saraha Altitude and regear. Decisions.

Sponsored

Jeeb

First Name
JEEB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps!
I haven't even taken delivery yet, and am trying to figure how to get rid of the white lettering!!!
Heh, yeah not my preference either. When it's time for new tires I'll be switching to a plain black sidewall.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black permanent marker like a Sharpie? I bet there is some kind of black tire marker or pen? Or sand at the white until it's black. Or use a paint remover on the white.

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
Man I’m debating ordering my wife a 22 XR Willys or lift her 21 Saraha Altitude and regear. Decisions.
I have a Sahara but something about a willys with the name and XR!! But that’s my choice.

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
I have a Sahara but something about a willys with the name and XR!! But that’s my choice.
I know it feels like such a waste when the Jeep is not even a year old but… she wants to go wheeling with me and the factory “lift”, larger tires and factory gearing are perfect for what she’ll ever need.

Additionally, I love that it comes with a limited slip for the rear and I would option it with the tow package since we are picking up a Turtleback trailer and it would be nice to have the option of towing with her vehicle or my 392 depending on our trip plans.

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
I know it feels like such a waste when the Jeep is not even a year old but… she wants to go wheeling with me and the factory “lift”, larger tires and factory gearing are perfect for what she’ll ever need.

Additionally, I love that it comes with a limited slip for the rear and I would option it with the tow package since we are picking up a Turtleback trailer and it would be nice to have the option of towing with her vehicle or my 392 depending on our trip plans.
Willys would be a good platform and you can equip it similar to a Sahara with out all the extra off-road goodies that she probably doesn’t want or need.

Sponsored

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
Willys would be a good platform and you can equip it similar to a Sahara with out all the extra off-road goodies that she probably doesn’t want or need.
Yeah I hit up the dealer I got my 392 from see what they’re willing to do.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Proximity is included with the Rubicon and Sahara.

The only way to get Proximity on a Willys now is to order the dual door group. You can't order Proximity without the dual doors.

CTMopar

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 TJ, 20 Cherokee Trail Hawk & 21 JL Willys
I bought a '19JLR back in 2019 because the Willys was not availble back then. I sold that JLR and now I am replacing it. I am trying to decide between another JLR or a Willys? I love everything about the Willys except the MTs that come on it. I really wish they put K02s on the Willys like I had on my '19JLR. The KO2 were very quiet , wore well, great in rain, winter and snow.

I guess I could sell the MTs that come on the Willys and buy new tires like you did. Did you sell your MTs? Any idea of how much they are worth as take-offs? How much were the Falken Wildpeak AT3's ? Did you choose them over a K02 for any specific reason?
I believe that the Willys comes with better off road tires than the Rubicon because the Rubicon has a higher percentage of mall crawler/sticker buyers who want the smoother quieter ride. The hard core off roaders will be swapping the stock tires out anyways. A higher percentage of Willys buyers are actually looking for a vehicle well equipped for moderate trails right out of the box. If they came with ATs I would be looking for RTs or MTs right away. They are pretty good at hitting their targeted buyers.

Tacoman03

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR Recon 2022 Bronco Raptor
Vehicle Showcase
I believe that the Willys comes with better off road tires than the Rubicon because the Rubicon has a higher percentage of mall crawler/sticker buyers who want the smoother quieter ride. The hard core off roaders will be swapping the stock tires out anyways. A higher percentage of Willys buyers are actually looking for a vehicle well equipped for moderate trails right out of the box. If they came with ATs I would be looking for RTs or MTs right away. They are pretty good at hitting their targeted buyers.
Exact situation I’m in, have a JLU Rubicon Recon, but am getting the Willys to trail in. The Rubi is my company vehicle so I can’t wheel in it.
Sponsored