Willys Edition JL Club Thread

JMGT25

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
I know I’m being a little lazy by not scanning through 134 pages of thread but I was wondering how you guys(and girls) like your Firestone MT2’s…I got my 4xe back in May and it comes standard with 20” street tires which are both boring to look at and(IMO) useless off-road…I’m getting the Willy’s setup put on next week and am just curious on your experience…I understand that the ride will be completely different and that it will be substantially louder…thanks in advance
I was very skeptical about the MT2's. I was already shopping for new tires before I even took delivery. I have to say I have been impressed by them. The ride is more comfortable then I expected and less wandering than I thought. I haven't had to use them in heavy rain or snow yet. Yes, they are bit noisy on the highway. I plan to keep them through the winter and see how they perform before making any change.
Sponsored

VWillys

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Wrangler Willys - Bright White
I gotta say I really like the way the Firestone MT2 255/75/17 look on my Willys. Especially the OWL combination with Bright White and the look/proportion of this tire size in my wheel well. I had a guy stop dead in his tracks in a parking lot to walk over to tell me how much he loved the look of my tires...even asked if he could take a picture and he did not own a Jeep!

I thought when they wear out I would replace with 285/70/17 BFG KO2s but not sure now. I'm leaning towards sticking with the exact same tires but I'll see what's out there at the time.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
I’ve been asked and complimented several times about my wheel/tire combo. All are surprised when I tell them it came from the factory that way.

I also like the way the white letters look on my white jeep. Firestone did a good job with the size of the font. It’s smaller than most RWL/OWL tires out there right now.

Sponsored

joelskirsch

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Occupation
Digital Marketing
I’ve been asked and complimented several times about my wheel/tire combo. All are surprised when I tell them it came from the factory that way.

I also like the way the white letters look on my white jeep. Firestone did a good job with the size of the font. It’s smaller than most RWL/OWL tires out there right now.
Speaking of the white letters... has anyone flipped theirs? I thought I read somewhere in the forum that you can do that and the other side is black. I'm going for an all black look (lug nuts, tint, removing stickers etc) and was hoping I could do that.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Yep, the flip side is black. I think the black letters look better on colors like Sarge or black.

Rescue119

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2021 Jeep GC L Limited
Speaking of the white letters... has anyone flipped theirs? I thought I read somewhere in the forum that you can do that and the other side is black. I'm going for an all black look (lug nuts, tint, removing stickers etc) and was hoping I could do that.
all Raised white letters on tires are only on one side.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
This showed up at my local dealer.

If it was Sarge green and nav8.4 I would cancel my order lol

Screenshot_20211012-172949_Chrome.jpg
That's about the same price as nicely loaded 2-door Rubicon?

Sponsored

ZellymtWillys

First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Jeep Cherokee Limited, 21 JLU Willys on order
I know I’m being a little lazy by not scanning through 134 pages of thread but I was wondering how you guys(and girls) like your Firestone MT2’s…I got my 4xe back in May and it comes standard with 20” street tires which are both boring to look at and(IMO) useless off-road…I’m getting the Willy’s setup put on next week and am just curious on your experience…I understand that the ride will be completely different and that it will be substantially louder…thanks in advance
I decided to replace mine before I even took delivery based on reviews of the Firestones and how horrible they claimed them to handle in wet conditions. I'll be seeing more rainy on-road days than off-road days so an All-Terrain meets my needs better anyway. I will say, in the few days I had them on the Jeep they weren't terribly noisy but the ride was rough. When I got the Falken Wildpeak AT3's on the ride was noticeably smoother.

TheKeither

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Firecracker Red Willy's Sport
Okay, I just gotta say.....what the HELL are reviewers talking about when it comes to wet conditions and the Firestone MT2's?

I've been through some truly heinous storms this summer and a whole bunch of normal storms and a bunch of light rains.

At NO TIME did I feel as though the tires were not doing exactly what tires should do. Now, I also drive sensibly (not accusing anyone here otherwise). But I had plenty of grip and even took a few turns faster than I should have without any issues.

Disclaimer: This is my first Jeep, so I have nothing to compare to, but I feel a bit confused as to the narrative that these tires suck in rain (unless you leave them at the dealer delivered 40 psi :facepalm:).

Rescue119

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2021 Jeep GC L Limited
From my dealer this afternoon Cory, your Wrangler has started its rail journey to us and is expected by the end of the month

Ya me!

JMGT25

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Okay, I just gotta say.....what the HELL are reviewers talking about when it comes to wet conditions and the Firestone MT2's?

I've been through some truly heinous storms this summer and a whole bunch of normal storms and a bunch of light rains.

At NO TIME did I feel as though the tires were not doing exactly what tires should do. Now, I also drive sensibly (not accusing anyone here otherwise). But I had plenty of grip and even took a few turns faster than I should have without any issues.

Disclaimer: This is my first Jeep, so I have nothing to compare to, but I feel a bit confused as to the narrative that these tires suck in rain (unless you leave them at the dealer delivered 40 psi :facepalm:).
I agree with you. What PSI do you keep your tires at?
Sponsored