Sponsored

Willys Edition JL Club Thread

displayname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I'm still on 100% stock suspension for now, and my Jeep did this. The Willys edition is pretty damn capable stock. (Uh, I did unbolt the sway bar end links, so not totally stock, but no parts added or swapped when this was taken.)

1622526542618.png
Are we looking at a full flex, or is that wheel snapped off the axel?
Based on your input I'm assuming full flex, but that photo angle is throwing me off.
Sponsored

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
Are we looking at a full flex, or is that wheel snapped off the axel?
Based on your input I'm assuming full flex, but that photo angle is throwing me off.
Full flex. My phone camera doesn't do a very good job of taking pictures like this.

Currently, my stock suspension is bogged down with extra weight in the front, but I still didn't rub, even while flexed out to the limit.

displayname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Full flex. My phone camera doesn't do a very good job of taking pictures like this.

Currently, my stock suspension is bogged down with extra weight in the front, but I still didn't rub, even while flexed out to the limit.
I think that view is perfect. The fact that it was flexed so far that I thought maybe something was broken really highlights the capability. And awesome that it had no rub.

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
truck driver
I think that view is perfect. The fact that it was flexed so far that I thought maybe something was broken really highlights the capability. And awesome that it had no rub.
Here is the other side. It sure looks like it's about to rip the fender flare off, but there was on the order of 1/16" clearance everywhere. Stock suspension with close to 200 extra pounds bolted on.

Jeep Wrangler JL Willys Edition JL Club Thread 1622573654470

Obviously, I'm not putting 35s on this and doing the same trail without serious problems, but that's not the point. I'm just amazed at how capable this thing is before I've done anything to compensate for the front end sag. It's only going to get better when I get a 1-2" lift on. If the rest of the parts ever come in.

Sponsored

48thChamber

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.groundswell-studio.com
Vehicle(s)
93 YJ Wrangler, 2021 Willys JLU O|||||||O
Occupation
Marketing & Creative Director / Web Designer
I’ve always heard stories about how crowded IBSP is and it isn’t worth getting the permit, but your photos look fantastic. Have I been bamboozled all of these years?
It’s totally worth it! It can get crowded at times but days like yesterday were perfect. Just gotta be patient and find a good spot. There’s like 8 miles of beach for people with permits so there is always a spot.

Sponsored

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
truck driver
I got my rugged ridge bumper and apex winch on a couple weeks ago. Love the look, just need a skid plate to cover up the walrus tusks that cannot be missed when looking from the side.
Jeep Wrangler JL Willys Edition JL Club Thread 3361B8D1-2FC9-4A16-B369-106863EE893B

Jeep Wrangler JL Willys Edition JL Club Thread 3361B8D1-2FC9-4A16-B369-106863EE893B
The Rugged Ridge skid plate for that bumper looks great and works well, but I had to do some serious carving on it to make it work.

Sidspider

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 CJ7, 2021 JLU Willys
It’s totally worth it! It can get crowded at times but days like yesterday were perfect. Just gotta be patient and find a good spot. There’s like 8 miles of beach for people with permits so there is always a spot.
Thanks! I’ll look into it again, the only time I’ve ever driven on the beach was many years ago when Brigantine was doing their 4x4 parade, it was a blast, but sadly they don’t do it anymore.

SurfJeep

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Willys
My Jeep has undergone some changes since the last time I posted here. I need to get some better photos of it.

2.5” lift
37” BFG KO2s on Method 701s
Chopped Rubicon fenders (They’re actually MP concepts reproductions because I got tired of waiting for used Rubicons and my order for Jeep parts got canceled after multiple backorders)

Fender liners should be delivered by the end of the week. I wasn’t planning on chopping the fenders, but they didn’t come with lights and the Willys lights didn’t fit the Rubicon fenders. Twisted my arm... haha

The short term list of upcoming mods includes: Rear bumper, winch, on board air, adjustable track bars, and lighting. After that I’ll give the wallet a break.

Jeep Wrangler JL Willys Edition JL Club Thread 08BB3D7E-0DD5-4AB4-8AAA-6DC5E0E38433

dogbreath650

First Name
Bobo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 LJ Rubicon
My Jeep has undergone some changes since the last time I posted here. I need to get some better photos of it.

2.5” lift
37” BFG KO2s on Method 701s
Chopped Rubicon fenders (They’re actually MP concepts reproductions because I got tired of waiting for used Rubicons and my order for Jeep parts got canceled after multiple backorders)

Fender liners should be delivered by the end of the week. I wasn’t planning on chopping the fenders, but they didn’t come with lights and the Willys lights didn’t fit the Rubicon fenders. Twisted my arm... haha

The short term list of upcoming mods includes: Rear bumper, winch, on board air, adjustable track bars, and lighting. After that I’ll give the wallet a break.

Jeep Wrangler JL Willys Edition JL Club Thread 08BB3D7E-0DD5-4AB4-8AAA-6DC5E0E38433
Looks nice you did a good chop job on the fenders. Any plans to regear?

SurfJeep

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Willys
Looks nice you did a good chop job on the fenders. Any plans to regear?
Thanks!

I have 5.13s ordered and am just waiting to get it in the shop (They’re on back order too... go figure). I have been surprised how well it seems to be holding up with the stock 3.45s though. The large majority of my driving is around town but I purposely took it out on the freeway and it wasn’t nearly as bad as expected. I think if I had the 4.10s I might consider keeping them.
Sponsored