Willys Edition JL Club Thread

VWillys

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Wrangler Willys - Bright White
what's your solution for rear-view mirrors?
They work great (had them on my old JK)...no vibration or extra wind noise what so ever...and they maintain the factory look. Unfortunately you can't use the JK brackets on the JL.

DIE-TECH Off-Road Mirror Brackets for Jeep Wrangler JL & JL Unlimited

They sell the brackets or brackets and mirrors combo.

I didn't want to be taking my mirrors off of my door every time I go doorless so I bought on extra set of mirrors to attach to the brackets when I first used these with my old JK.

Since I already had this extra set mirrors for my old JK, I only had to buy the JL brackets that work with my JK style mirrors this time. Pretty cool of this company to sell/make JL brackets that work with JK mirrors as well as JL mirrors.

Jeep Wrangler JL Willys Edition JL Club Thread IMG_2783
Sponsored

syismaster1

First Name
Sy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
I got my info from Jeep’s build and price. Chose Willys (not Willys Sport) and it shows LEDs as a separate option. Jeep is notorious for bad info on the web site though.
Just ordered a Willys and I also thought LEDs were removed as the configurator shows it as a 1k option but dealer confirmed it is 'included' in the Willys package.

Keating

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 392
Great color. How is the wind noise with that light bar and bracket?
Honestly, bearable. The lexan cover totally helps and it came with that. Without it it whistles and hums. Most of the driving is local, but if I wanted a quiet vehicle again, I wouldn't have chosen a Jeep LOL.
But I hear the lower mounted windshield version is better than sticking up. I wasa newbie and didn't know.

Keating

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 392
it's a Bushwhacker brand for around $115 on Amazon. Yes, I have at least one impact that it took instead of the paint. And multitudes of bugs hit that over the hood and they clean off easier.

Sponsored

captainmac44

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Sport
The upgrade was the lugs... and they're great! My Willys inexplicably left the factory with the BFG's. I haven't noticed the raised white letters on the inside... I'll have to look closer.
Just to confirm... no raised whites on the inside of the BFG M/T's.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Not on that size, or Jeep would have mounted them out for the Willys. I don’t know if Jeep is transitioning to that tire or if Firestone had a production slow down and BFGs were used to fill the gap.

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
confirmed on the BFG website; all RBL now.

interesting (at least to me), because every set of BFG MTs i've ever had has had Raised White Letters.

maybe the complaints about people rubbing the lettering off and making them look shaggy while they're doing what they're supposed to be for finally sunk in with Michelin, and they decided to not go to the expense of doing the white layer anymore.

VWillys

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Wrangler Willys - Bright White
Funny thing is, I like the way the white lettering on my Firestones look with my white Willys.

Coincidentally, I had two strangers, on two separate occasions, this week walk up to me in the parking lot to say how much they liked my tires!

Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Funny thing is, I like the way the white lettering on my Firestones look with my white Willys.

Coincidentally, I had two strangers, on two separate occasions, this week walk up to me in the parking lot to say how much they liked my tires!
I like them too on my white Jeep. If I had black or sarge green, I’d probably want them black wall out. Funny how many non Jeep people think I bought aftermarket wheels and tires.

Last edited:

captainmac44

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Sport

When I first started shopping and discovered the Willys, I loved the RWL's and I still think they look awesome. I just happened to see someone with a black Willys flip the Firestones and I thought I liked it just a little bit more... less unique but cleaner. Honestly, I'm not sure what I would've done if it arrived with the Firestones... very well may have left them the way they were. It just worked out that for some reason they put on BFG's at the factory so I didn't have to do anything.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Post some pics after the Rubicon springs are installed. You will find that you already have the exact same shocks as the Rubicon, so save the new ones if you get them thrown in with the springs.
Sponsored