Willys Edition JL Club Thread

Sidspider

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 CJ7, 2021 JLU Willys
Yeah, I kinda feel that way. Honestly my Willys was a good vehicle!

I'm even toying with the idea of replacing the Rubi hood decal with a WILLYS decal and putting a 4 Wheel Drive sticker on the tailgate. Make it a faux-willys. I even prefer the Willys wheels too.
I’ll help you out by trading front fenders with you... You’re welcome!
Sponsored

warrior49

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Willys 3.6 Sarge Green
Occupation
Guitar Slinger
Hi All, new Jeep owner. Just picked up this girl yesterday. Sarge Green was hard to find in my area so I had it built. I was impressed at how aggressive looking the Firestones are. I would love to get a slight lift and maybe 33"s or 35"s, but hate to waste the perfectly good new tires. Anyway, happy to finally be a Jeep owner!

IMG_20210515_123523.jpg

Sidspider

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 CJ7, 2021 JLU Willys
LOL! I like your avatar pic...what jeep is that?
Thanks, that’s my 86 CJ7, which sadly hasn’t been out of the garage since this picture was taken. I got to work on her for about an hour this weekend before being told I had other things to do... maybe next weekend!

6000301A-875B-43B9-973D-695991BB1B34.jpeg

Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Nice. It rotated my tires today and can say with confidence that the stock lug nuts suck.

jaywilly

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys
Hello all. I am brand new to the Jeep world but am enjoying my Wrangler Willys edition a lot. I have a hard time keeping my eyes off of it. I did run into a problem recently with it and was just wondering if any of you guys have had any similar issues. Around 2000 miles on my Wrangler I started to get a service 4WD light on my dash so I took it in and there was a problem with the FAD. Bringing it in to the dealer tomorrow to get it replaced. I read up a little bit about it but didn't really get an answer that was helpful although a lot of people seem to frown on the FAD with these new Wranglers. Should I be worried about this issue reoccurring or do you guys think the replacement part will fix it? I also haven't taken this thing off-road or anything crazy like that at all. Put in in 4 Hi maybe once or twice during winter just to see how it did. Thanks for any input!

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
nice upgrade. even if they're the same size as what's stock, those are far superior tires to the Firestones that came stock on the Willys.

i like that this side of these BFG MTs doesn't have the asymmetric pattern on the side lugs; that asymmetric stuff rubs my fur backwards.
i hope you also plan to black out the RWL that are now on the inside (if you haven't already) to complete the effect!

1st little mod. Such a small thing, but I think it makes a big difference.
Jeep Wrangler JL Willys Edition JL Club Thread 64DDB52A-E058-4BFB-840F-62F4B5AE475E

Sponsored

Namakan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Willys
Sorry to say that I have to leave this forum....I joined the dark side and traded my 2020 JLU Willys 2.0L for a 2021 JLU Rubicon diesel. I really liked the Willys and the 2.0L is an awesome motor, but I was jonesing for the upgraded suspension, upgraded stereo and I needed the tow package. At first I thought I would loose my shirt trading in so soon, but I can't believe they were giving my 2K less than I paid for it. Plus my dealer went 2% below invoice for the new Jeep. Well, I did have to order it to get what I wanted, which I thought I'd be waiting for 2+ months for it to be built and delivered. Incredibly, it was built and delivered in 14 days!
I'll miss the Willys, but I'm gonna have fun with my new Rubi.
20210512_151403.jpg

Oh...in homage for my Willys I went with the black grill!
[/QUOTE]

Do you mind sharing what dealer you used and how many miles were on it? I would like to trade my 2021 JLU Willys with 8K for a 2 door and my dealer is not going to give me anywhere close to the deal you received for trade. Thanks!

captainmac44

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Sport
nice upgrade. even if they're the same size as what's stock, those are far superior tires to the Firestones that came stock on the Willys.

i like that this side of these BFG MTs doesn't have the asymmetric pattern on the side lugs; that asymmetric stuff rubs my fur backwards.
i hope you also plan to black out the RWL that are now on the inside (if you haven't already) to complete the effect!
The upgrade was the lugs... and they're great! My Willys inexplicably left the factory with the BFG's. I haven't noticed the raised white letters on the inside... I'll have to look closer.

Robnfl

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 3.0 Diesel - Firecracker Red
Occupation
Retired USN
Do you mind sharing what dealer you used and how many miles were on it? I would like to trade my 2021 JLU Willys with 8K for a 2 door and my dealer is not going to give me anywhere close to the deal you received for trade. Thanks!
Sure, I purchased from Harper Jeep Dodge in Alcoa, TN. Call 865-472-0128 and ask for Tony Cole. They also provide a (included) lifetime drivetrain warranty.
Good luck!