First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMC GREMLIN, GMC SIERRA, 21 WILLYS
Yeah, it was more like 16 DAYS! Crazy!
that thing looks pretty sweet.
Update: my Willys arrived at the dealership today and my salesman sent me a pic... it looks like it is indeed tread in BFG KM2’s. Same diameter, same aggressive look, but now I won’t have to decide whether or not to flip the white letters in, so I’m not mad.
what tire is list on window sticker and build sheet? Btw those look pretty sweet..

Sponsored

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
@Digger70
very rarely, but yes, it happens.

not sure what help your post was supposed to be, but the thing is, (unlike some people, apparently) we actually leave home and go places.

FYI: we're in the snow in in the Sierra in just a few hours from Berkeley. heck, i've even been snowed on in Moab at Easter, and multiple times in Death Valley in late Spring.
(FWIW, even my XJ has been known to see as many as 4 states in a 1000km days use, and i'm sure i'm not the only one.)

the point remains, as with many original tires, the stock Firestones suck on dry pavement, and get worse if it even gets wet. (contrary to what some people might believe, we get rain even in California, too! 😆 )
i've used 3 generations of BFG Mud tires, and even though they're not spectacular in rain and on snow and ice, they're better than the Firestones. i would have been (more) happy if my Willys came with BFGs instead of the Firestones.

So you get snow and ice in Berkeley, CA?

Sponsored

captainmac44

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Sport
@Digger70
very rarely, but yes, it happens.

not sure what help your post was supposed to be, but the thing is, (unlike some people, apparently) we actually leave home and go places.

FYI: we're in the snow in in the Sierra in just a few hours from Berkeley. heck, i've even been snowed on in Moab at Easter, and multiple times in Death Valley in late Spring.
(FWIW, even my XJ has been known to see as many as 4 states in a 1000km days use, and i'm sure i'm not the only one.)

the point remains, as with many original tires, the stock Firestones suck on dry pavement, and get worse if it even gets wet. (contrary to what some people might believe, we get rain even in California, too! 😆 )
i've used 3 generations of BFG Mud tires, and even though they're not spectacular in rain and on snow and ice, they're better than the Firestones. i would have been (more) happy if my Willys came with BFGs instead of the Firestones.
Thanks for the experienced input on the tires. My salesman said it was weird that it happened, but a happy accident in my favor since he felt they were superior tires.

Vtechfi

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Jeep
Very nice. How do you like the Sky One-Touch Power Top?
We love it so far. It is more convenient for us as we are living in an apartment. Road noise it’s not an issue at all either. At first I wanted a body colored hardtop, but since the package does not allow for that this was the best option. Plus, it may be one extra thing that can break on the vehicle but the convenience outweighed that risk IMO.