Willys Edition JL Club Thread

21 Willys

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Willys Sarge Green
Picked up my 2021 Willys on March 22nd. Traded in a 2013 JK Sport that had never had any issues at all.

This is the twelfth 4WD vehicle for me. I have had several Toyota Tacomas, two Chevy 1500s, a Nissan Titan, and still have a Ford F-250. This new Jeep Is by FAR, the hardest to shift into 4WD. When I finally get it into 4-low, there is a clicking sound when I move forward. It makes this sound in 4-hi also. Some times when I crank the Jeep, I hear a clunk sound. Very similar to the clunk when shifting into 4WD low. Really regretting this purchase.

I regret that I let go of the 2013 Sport. The quality of the new Jeep seems to be crap. It doesn’t help reading about all the other issues the new Jeeps are having. My bad for not doing my due diligence. I don’t like the ESS with the back up battery. I guess I should have just found a good used 2017 JK.

Sorry for the rant, just highly disappointed with this new Jeep.
Sponsored

Cappy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
This is the twelfth 4WD vehicle for me. I have had several Toyota Tacomas, two Chevy 1500s, a Nissan Titan, and still have a Ford F-250. This new Jeep Is by FAR, the hardest to shift into 4WD. When I finally get it into 4-low, there is a clicking sound when I move forward. It makes this sound in 4-hi also. Some times when I crank the Jeep, I hear a clunk sound. Very similar to the clunk when shifting into 4WD low. Really regretting this purchase.
It is definitely difficult to get it into 4 low.

The manual says get car rolling at 1 -3 mph put it in neutral, and then shift into 4 L than put the Jeep into Drive. On a nice level paved road it is not an easy or smooth process but doable. Off road where it is actually needed, coasting in neutral can be next to impossible. My strategy will be to avoid situations where I will actually need 4L if not already in 4L.

Sponsored

displayname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Yup! Thnaks. I kept it stock for 30 miles haha.
Haha, nice. Any spacers, or did those go straight onto stock without any rubbing? I feel like I still see conflicting info on this.

I didn't even notice those lights the first time either. Very sleek.

TIPOVR

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys EcoDiesel
Haha, nice. Any spacers, or did those go straight onto stock without any rubbing? I feel like I still see conflicting info on this.

I didn't even notice those lights the first time either. Very sleek.
I used the Spidertrax 1.75in spacers, I didn't want to take a chance of them rubbing and I like the look with the 315/70/17 KO2's sticking out just a bit.

TheKeither

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Firecracker Red Willy's Sport
Finally ordered! '21 Willys Sport, black, manual, hardtop. Can't wait!
You will NOT be disappointed! It was a beautiful day so the top came off for the first time! (Only had it a week). My 7 and 9 year olds loved the ride, but were complaining I didnt take off the doors :CWL:. I have just about the same configuration as you, just....you know.....red
Jeep Wrangler JL Willys Edition JL Club Thread PXL_20210406_184139995

captainmac44

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Sport
You will NOT be disappointed! It was a beautiful day so the top came off for the first time! (Only had it a week). My 7 and 9 year olds loved the ride, but were complaining I didnt take off the doors :CWL:. I have just about the same configuration as you, just....you know.....red
Jeep Wrangler JL Willys Edition JL Club Thread PXL_20210406_184139995
Looks sharp! I have 5 & 9 year old boys that are in for a surprise! Mine will be a 2-door, so slightly harder access.

Sponsored

TheKeither

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Firecracker Red Willy's Sport
Looks sharp! I have 5 & 9 year old boys that are in for a surprise! Mine will be a 2-door, so slightly harder access.
Mine are girls and I did the same to them. They went to visit their grandparents, and I told them to go out to the garage to get something for me (where the Jeep was parked). I think the squeals could be heard from outer space! The four door was a compromise....I wanted 2, but wife (correctly) pointed out we have 2 children and an English Mastiff. The four door was necessary....

Dr. RGB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer own a Jeep
Clubs

I have a 6 and 11 year old and they have no problems getting in and our of the 2-door and also love having the top off. Their minds were blown when they saw the doors come off.

captainmac44

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Sport
Mine are girls and I did the same to them. They went to visit their grandparents, and I told them to go out to the garage to get something for me (where the Jeep was parked). I think the squeals could be heard from outer space! The four door was a compromise....I wanted 2, but wife (correctly) pointed out we have 2 children and an English Mastiff. The four door was necessary....
Fantastic! I totally understand the convenience of the 4-door and actually like the look of them since they redesigned to the JL. I owned an XJ and loved it. It's been years since I owned a Jeep.

captainmac44

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Sport
Picked up last week and made a quick trip to Fenway
Jeep Wrangler JL Willys Edition JL Club Thread 57F9B92F-9B38-4F4C-9FCD-EA4719FA8183
Jeep Wrangler JL Willys Edition JL Club Thread 57F9B92F-9B38-4F4C-9FCD-EA4719FA8183
The Nacho looks super-cool! Almost matches those NY plates perfectly;)

What tires are those? I'm considering flipping the whites in on the Destinations.
Sponsored