Willys Edition JL Club Thread

Cappy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
After seeing and driving my Willeys I have decided that bigger tires and a lift is not necessary. It looks very aggressive as is. Maybe down the road when stock tires need replacing I will consider slightly bigger tires, but for traveling two tracks up north hunting it should do just fine in current configuration.

The upgrades I'll eventually do are ace rock sliders, front bumper, and mud flaps. The mud flaps will come in handy since I need to drive on a dirt road that gets muddy for about 300 yards to get to my subdivision street.

The bumper and rock sliders will be purely cosmetic upgrades that look cool.

dmc1068

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys 4dr JL and 2020 Jeep Wrangler Willys 2dr JL
After seeing and driving my Willeys I have decided that bigger tires and a lift is not necessary. It looks very aggressive as is. Maybe down the road when stock tires need replacing I will consider slightly bigger tires, but for traveling two tracks up north hunting it should do just fine in current configuration.

The upgrades I'll eventually do are ace rock sliders, front bumper, and mud flaps. The mud flaps will come in handy since I need to drive on a dirt road that gets muddy for about 300 yards to get to my subdivision street.

I love my Ace Engineering Rock Sliders. I was sideswiped and no damage. My suggestion though is to have them sprayed prior to installing with a bed liner. I went to LineX.

rob28

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2dr Willys. 2021.
Our 2018 Sport S 2 door in Atlantic Blue is making way for a 2021 Willys in Sarge Green. The main reason for changing is the wife broke her ankle last year so driving a manual is not as much fun any more for her. Plus the Willys look cool. And Sarge Green 😍
I’ll report back in a couple of months hopefully with some pics.

Sponsored

captainmac44

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Sport
This is my Willys, had it for about a year now. We’re getting it ready for a 4k mile road trip in the summer (Texas, New Mexico, Colorado, Utah, Arizona).

Jeep Wrangler JL Willys Edition JL Club Thread 50B05DB0-9ECC-4B6A-9143-D2950CEE1E50

Jeep Wrangler JL Willys Edition JL Club Thread 50B05DB0-9ECC-4B6A-9143-D2950CEE1E50
Looks great! What size/brand tires did you swap on? Or are they just the Firestones flipped?

captainmac44

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Sport

This is exactly why I've settled on the Willys. Obviously, the 33's and higher stance of the Rubi looks great, but for the money, the stock appearance of the Willys is tough-looking!

Sponsored

Bloody Marty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP 2 DR WILLYS 21, CHEVY TRAIL BOSS 19
Yes, 100% agree. I had 3 local dealerships battling over my lease... when one would give me a number, I’d go back to the others to match or do better. It definitely worked for me. Got the lease I wanted, the monthly number I wanted to hit, and the miles I needed.

I always work dealerships against each other. I find it the best way to get a deal. 👍

Here's a tip FWIW. I sell cars (not Jeeps, but that's not my point). When I buy a high ticket item (vehicle, sled, tractor etc) I want a great price but I also want to be taken care of in sales, service, parts etc. Running back & forth & having dealers (Managers, because the salesperson is now probably out of the deal) cut each others throats on price isn't really getting you the detailed attention you are probably expecting & deserve. They know that's all you're after & that's all you'll probably get is a good price after a bunch of stressing on everyone's part. Then ignored or not put up front when something needs attention. I understand that price is important & I did talk to a couple places on my Jeep deal but ended up doing my business right next door to where I work. This is because of doing my biz locally, the salesperson, reputation & service dept. not necessarily the bottom line, although I did get a great deal I felt.
I always try & get my customers the BEST deal I can get them, period. They come back & tell others (referrals) & we all do well.
Nothing personal but the guy that comes in with a spread sheet on nothing but numbers, gets my number.......... then I (and most places) move on to take care of the people who are after a good experience with their new vehicle purchase & know that I'll be there when & if there's a problem.
Everyone's different but what are your expectations after the inks dry?
Jeeps (or any vehicles) aren't a commodity IMO.
I do not care if I get bashed for this as I'm aware that car dealers have a certain reputation but most "A" dealerships are a cut above politicians & snakes :)
Good luck shopping.

PECoach

First Name
Coach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Wrangler TJ
Here's a tip FWIW. I sell cars (not Jeeps, but that's not my point). When I buy a high ticket item (vehicle, sled, tractor etc) I want a great price but I also want to be taken care of in sales, service, parts etc. Running back & forth & having dealers (Managers, because the salesperson is now probably out of the deal) cut each others throats on price isn't really getting you the detailed attention you are probably expecting & deserve. They know that's all you're after & that's all you'll probably get is a good price after a bunch of stressing on everyone's part. Then ignored or not put up front when something needs attention. I understand that price is important & I did talk to a couple places on my Jeep deal but ended up doing my business right next door to where I work. This is because of doing my biz locally, the salesperson, reputation & service dept. not necessarily the bottom line, although I did get a great deal I felt.
I always try & get my customers the BEST deal I can get them, period. They come back & tell others (referrals) & we all do well.
Nothing personal but the guy that comes in with a spread sheet on nothing but numbers, gets my number.......... then I (and most places) move on to take care of the people who are after a good experience with their new vehicle purchase & know that I'll be there when & if there's a problem.
Everyone's different but what are your expectations after the inks dry?
Jeeps (or any vehicles) aren't a commodity IMO.
I do not care if I get bashed for this as I'm aware that car dealers have a certain reputation but most "A" dealerships are a cut above politicians & snakes :)
Good luck shopping.
Appreciate all the inside info.
I agree that it’s more than just about the bottom line. The GM I wound up talking to was great so I was leaning his way already. He would call and ask me questions as we were negotiating.

Since I ordered my Jeep on 1/4, he has been great to work with!! Initially he told me 8-10 weeks. Since it’s gone way past that (and my current lease is up in a week) he has a vehicle ready for me to use in the interim. Definitely great service!! I have already recommended his dealership to 2 friends who also ordered jeeps.
Cant wait till my Jeep gets here.

Bloody Marty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP 2 DR WILLYS 21, CHEVY TRAIL BOSS 19
This is good to hear. I'm hesitant to say things like I did on forums as a lot of peeps just take it wrong. Sounds like you got a great set of people to work with. Good luck & ENJOY!!!