Willys Edition JL Club Thread

captainmac44

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Sport
Well, finally placed an order yesterday for a 2 door Willys V-6 manual. Never placed an order before. Actually never owned a Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep either. Am both excited and nervous....
Awesome! Congrats!!!
What options did you go with...
Sport with power delete or Willys with power windows/locks? A/C? Hardtop?
Color?
What kind of deal did you get ordering?
Sponsored

Patriot1776

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willy's in Sarge Green
Couple questions.

1. Does the Willys (and Willy Sport) have any similarities to the Rubicon suspension? Springs? Shocks?
2. Does the Willys (and Willy Sport) come with the topographical floor mats?
3. What type of skid plate(s) does the Willys (and Willys Sport) come with?
4. Do heavy duty breaks come standard? What is the difference in the HD brakes and the default brakes?

Thanks
The springs are different, but the shocks are the same. If you get a towing package though I heard the springs are a little stiffer?I cant say for sure though on the springs.

The floormats were an option when I ordered.

I think you have to get the Towing to get the HD brakes.

I know not a ton of help, but that's all I can think of at the moment.

captainmac44

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Sport
Couple questions.

1. Does the Willys (and Willy Sport) have any similarities to the Rubicon suspension? Springs? Shocks?
4. Do heavy duty breaks come standard? What is the difference in the HD brakes and the default brakes?

Thanks
I don't own one, so someone else might be able to better answer you, but I've been doing a lot of research since I'll be ordering soon.

1.) Both Willys packages get the Rubi shocks and rock rails, not springs. I'm under the impression that the Rubi springs and tires give it about an inch over the Willys.
2.) I think both Willys packages come with the all-weather floor mats... not sure about design.
3.) Not sure but I think it's better than base (sport).
4.) I think both Willys packages come with the same HD brakes. Bigger? Better stopping power.

azulwavesJL

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys JLU hydro blue
Occupation
Flight Planning Supervisor
Couple questions.

Thanks
Mine is currently in the shipping process - a Willys JLU.

1. Looks like someone has answered this.
2. Mine comes with the All-Weather floor mats by Mopar.
3. It comes with a fuel tank, transfer case and transmission skid plate.
4. The heavy duty brakes are part of the Customer preferred package 25W. I really don't know what makes them "heavy duty" though.

Sponsored

steelerpsugirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Sport S
Mine is currently in the shipping process - a Willys JLU.

1. Looks like someone has answered this.
2. Mine comes with the All-Weather floor mats by Mopar.
3. It comes with a fuel tank, transfer case and transmission skid plate.
4. The heavy duty brakes are part of the Customer preferred package 25W. I really don't know what makes them "heavy duty" though.

My Willys came with the floor mats and HD brakes and the anti slip differential. Coming from the JLU Sport ('18), definitely a difference with the brakes. They stop quicker and feel stronger, IMO. You can seek the red shocks like the Rubicon has and yes, as others have said, the Rubicon springs would give you about an inch more of a lift if they were on there. In comparison to my Sport S, seems to have more skid plates and the rock rails standard plus the mud tires (32") and upgraded black wheels (and blacked out Grill). I think this is all part of a package that is typically on there and standard (for the Willys, not Willys sport). Plus limited slip differential. Not sure if that helps at all or if I'm just repeating what others have said!

LemonsOnly

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys
After eyeballing and talking about Jeeps for many years we finally drove home our new '21 Willys Unlimited this Friday. This is our very first Jeep and we cant be more excited! Took a bit of searching to get a Sarge green 3.6L v6 with tow package, Nav, upgraded speakers on a dealer lot instead of ordering but we got it done!

This will be our weekend getaway rig, mostly for camping, trails/overland. Look forward to seeing everyone else's set ups and mods!
Jeep Wrangler JL Willys Edition JL Club Thread 152373005_5857432597607591_5083122423866405299_o
Jeep Wrangler JL Willys Edition JL Club Thread 155526659_133693901980068_5226998119718142659_n

steelerpsugirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After eyeballing and talking about Jeeps for many years we finally drove home our new '21 Willys Unlimited this Friday. This is our very first Jeep and we cant be more excited! Took a bit of searching to get a Sarge green 3.6L v6 with tow package, Nav, upgraded speakers on a dealer lot instead of ordering but we got it done!

This will be our weekend getaway rig, mostly for camping, trails/overland. Look forward to seeing everyone else's set ups and mods!
Jeep Wrangler JL Willys Edition JL Club Thread 155526659_133693901980068_5226998119718142659_n

Gorgeous Jeep!! I have the Sarge Green also and i am always staring at it. The color is AMAZING! And this is coming from someone who only has ad black and gray vehicles, including a Black Jeep! Congrats and enjoy!

LemonsOnly

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Gorgeous Jeep!! I have the Sarge Green also and i am always staring at it. The color is AMAZING! And this is coming from someone who only has ad black and gray vehicles, including a Black Jeep! Congrats and enjoy!
Thanks! We thought the Sting Grey looked really sharp too but just kept coming back to ol Sarge, it just feels right! And I know what you mean about staring, I walked out to my daily driver car today next to my Jeep and I had to take a second lol.

steelerpsugirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks! We thought the Sting Grey looked really sharp too but just kept coming back to ol Sarge, it just feels right! And I know what you mean about staring, I walked out to my daily driver car today next to my Jeep and I had to take a second lol.
sting gray was my other option, too! But the Sarge just grabbed me!! Can’t ever drive anything but a jeep ever again!

Sponsored

Lightsped

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys, 2017 Tacoma Off Road, Honda S2000.
Occupation
Technology Research
Awesome! Congrats!!!
What options did you go with...
Sport with power delete or Willys with power windows/locks? A/C? Hardtop?
Color?
What kind of deal did you get ordering?
Ordered Willys Sport with manual everything (transmission, windows, locks, small radio, etc....). Two door with soft top. Sarge Green.

Today's update from dealer - projected build date is 3/18/21.

captainmac44

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Sport
Ordered Willys Sport with manual everything (transmission, windows, locks, small radio, etc....). Two door with soft top. Sarge Green.

Today's update from dealer - projected build date is 3/18/21.
That’s what I’m ordering except black. I’ll add A/C and a hardtop. Look forward to hearing more details... keep us posted!