Willys Edition JL Club Thread

TheKeither

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Firecracker Red Willy's Sport
Woohoo!! I received my build sheet from cryptostickers last night!! Another step closer. Ordered my hydro blue Willys JLU on 09 JAN.
So, did you do the same as I did, and obsessively read over it about 10 times? Yup, yup, yup. What the heck its that (google search), Oh yeah.

:involve:
Sponsored

azulwavesJL

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys JLU hydro blue
Occupation
Flight Planning Supervisor
So, did you do the same as I did, and obsessively read over it about 10 times? Yup, yup, yup. What the heck its that (google search), Oh yeah.

:involve:
hahahaha....yeah, I am on read two as we speak.

captainmac44

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Sport
OMG OMG OMG. Just found out my Willy's Sport is built! Now for the wait for the clutch recall, but things are progressing! I ordered on 1/29, for those interested.

Certainly much better than the 12-14 week wait the dealer quoted, that's for sure!
Awesome! I plan on ordering a manual Willys Sport next month after the recall/stop order is resolved. Give us the details! I know there isn't much to add to the Sport... hardtop? A/C? What kind of deal did you get? Congrats!!!

Sponsored

TheKeither

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awesome! I plan on ordering a manual Willys Sport next month after the recall/stop order is resolved. Give us the details! I know there isn't much to add to the Sport... hardtop? A/C? What kind of deal did you get? Congrats!!!
I ordered a Firecracker Red Willys Sport Unlimited. I did go for the hardtop as the only option. It had everything that I wanted/dreamed of when I thought of getting a Jeep.

I've had a white or silver vehicle since 1998. I wanted a COLOR. Really wanted Mojito or Bikini, but of course both of those colors were gone for 2021.

My first introduction to a Jeep was a 1985 CJ-7 in bright red, so it seemed fitting to honor the introduction to the dream :LOL:

captainmac44

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Sport
I ordered a Firecracker Red Willys Sport Unlimited. I did go for the hardtop as the only option. It had everything that I wanted/dreamed of when I thought of getting a Jeep.

I've had a white or silver vehicle since 1998. I wanted a COLOR. Really wanted Mojito or Bikini, but of course both of those colors were gone for 2021.

My first introduction to a Jeep was a 1985 CJ-7 in bright red, so it seemed fitting to honor the introduction to the dream :LOL:
I'm doing a 2-door. I love the hardtop, but I know I'm going to want a soft top as well in the warmer months... so much money! I figured I had to have A/C, but now I've been wondering if I'll ever actually use it.

Punk'n Willy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU 3.6L Punk'n Willys
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
Vehicle Showcase
As far as I know, 285/75 is the largest without a lift or other mods.

FD81D957-E918-4183-BE5C-B9BDB40DE7B7.jpeg

BCD65A8B-6064-45CF-BAC4-7D936E25F6C5.jpeg
Those are the tires I want to go with, do you have any rubbing at all with the stock fenders? I have Rubicon fenders on mine so I think the extra height for me should be no issue especially if you don't have any rubbing.

WillysOverland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Willys
Those are the tires I want to go with, do you have any rubbing at all with the stock fenders? I have Rubicon fenders on mine so I think the extra height for me should be no issue especially if you don't have any rubbing.
No rubbing at all during daily driving or mild off-roading. I haven’t tried to fully flex, you should be ok with rubi fenders.

Sponsored

Civil_Willy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Willys

Firecracker is the way to go!

Just wondering on all these new orders, how many are doing the dual door group? Still hoping they'll let us order some soon. Soft top with the half doors... Sounds right.

TheKeither

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Firecracker is the way to go!

Just wondering on all these new orders, how many are doing the dual door group? Still hoping they'll let us order some soon. Soft top with the half doors... Sounds right.
Oh I would LOVED to go the dual door route, but....$4000???? No. Church no.

I get it, its a new thing and people will pay the premium for it. I am just not one of those people. I mean, I "sacrificed" power windows and doors, and you think I'm spending that much on half doors?

To his credit, my salesperson, when I said I was interested in getting one built, handed me the sheet, said, is this what you want, and we were done. Never tried to upsell me on anything.

captainmac44

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Sport
Oh I would LOVED to go the dual door route, but....$4000???? No. Church no.

I get it, its a new thing and people will pay the premium for it. I am just not one of those people. I mean, I "sacrificed" power windows and doors, and you think I'm spending that much on half doors?

To his credit, my salesperson, when I said I was interested in getting one built, handed me the sheet, said, is this what you want, and we were done. Never tried to upsell me on anything.
Yeah, I could not believe that the price difference between the hardtop Willys and Willys Sport (with A/C added) is $4K! I'll roll my windows and use my key for that money.

TheKeither

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I could not believe that the price difference between the hardtop Willys and Willys Sport (with A/C added) is $4K! I'll roll my windows and use my key for that money.
Its just a matter of what you're willing to deal with. I'd love to have a fully loaded Rubicon with every option in existence. But I have 2 small girls, and I am the sole income for our family.

So I get my dream Jeep, at a price I can afford. I am so excited.