Willys Edition JL Club Thread

TheKeither

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Firecracker Red Willy's Sport
You guys know if I should get TPMS on new tires and rims when I finally take delivery. Extra $270 and I’m wondering if the Willys even has a tire pressure monitoring system? Any thoughts? I’d like to save the $270 if not needed. Thanks!
??? I'm pretty sure that TPMS is required by law in all 50 states. So if you are getting charged extra, you are getting ripped off. Others may say differently
Sponsored

PECoach

First Name
Coach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Wrangler TJ
??? I'm pretty sure that TPMS is required by law in all 50 states. So if you are getting charged extra, you are getting ripped off. Others may say differently
Hmmm...every place seems to give a price with and without tpms for a tire and rim package.

PECoach

First Name
Coach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Wrangler TJ
Welp, I can tell you that all US Jeeps have the TPMS system, so IF you do not get it, you will have that annoying yellow light on for all time!
Yea, that would be annoying! My dealer said save the $270 and he’d hook up Willys system to new tires for just labor cost.

Appreciate the reply! Thanks!

operator22

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
So I'm really interested in replacing the fender lights, the halogens just don't look right.

What I'm trying to figure out though - our fenders are not the Sahara or Rubicon fenders, but they aren't the Sport really either, because we don't have the connection piece between the fender and the bumper.

So, are there actually three versions of the bumper?
AFAIK, in the North American market the various trims offer lo and hi rise textured halogen, lo and hi rise painted halogen, hi rise textured LED and lo and hi rise painted LED. (Not positive about that last one though.) Export market adds lo rise textured LED. All because the size of the fender housing for halogen and LED isn't the same.

So if you want OEM LEDs, your options are to pick up a Rubi fender (hi line) or order the export lo line LED fender. I bought some LEDs from a forum member before I knew any of this. Now they're for sale again!

Sponsored

nonebeter99

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
You guys know if I should get TPMS on new tires and rims when I finally take delivery. Extra $270 and I’m wondering if the Willys even has a tire pressure monitoring system? Any thoughts? I’d like to save the $270 if not needed. Thanks!
The dealer probably means new TPMS sensors would cost the additional amount. Your factory wheels/tires have the TPMS sensors on them and whoever is installing your new wheels/tires should be able to just take out the existing sensors and reuse them.

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
i would have to black out those white letters for sure now; seeing them in the inside of the tires would just rub my fur backward! 😆

upside is that the blacking-out would not be so obvious when the letters were on the inside as when on the outside.

Flipped the tires today to the black side to complete the black out look! Also switched out the antenna for a short black one and added a fuel door. I love this Jeep, the features, and looks more each day!!

IMG_8795.jpeg

steelerpsugirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Sport S
i would have to black out those white letters for sure now; seeing them in the inside of the tires would just rub my fur backward! 😆

upside is that the blacking-out would not be so obvious when the letters were on the inside as when on the outside.

LOL, doesn't bother me too much, not as obvious as it seems ;) Plus I will be getting bigger tires eventually so I can live with it for now!

YTBlue

First Name
YT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU Willys Edition
I also have the Ace Engineering Rock Sliders. I did a lot of research and they were the only ones to work with factory rock rails at the time. as for the Ace I can say they are awesome.
Just got Ace Engineering Rock Sliders installed on my Sting-Gray Willys. They work great with the Rubi Rails, and are fabulous.

Jeep Wrangler JL Willys Edition JL Club Thread Willys Rock Rails

PECoach

First Name
Coach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Wrangler TJ
Just got Ace Engineering Rock Sliders installed on my Sting-Gray Willys. They work great with the Rubi Rails, and are fabulous.

Jeep Wrangler JL Willys Edition JL Club Thread Willys Rock Rails
Nice, difficult to install? Do you have a link for those?

Sponsored

YTBlue

First Name
YT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU Willys Edition

Jean Genie

First Name
Jeana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 White Willys, 2023 HVY Rubicon XR
Well I finally joined the Willys Club this week. My very first Jeep and only my second new vehicle ever. I tried for a months to find the options I wanted at a dealership. Finally special ordered from Patrick Mantua at Criswell in Gaithersburg. Patrick was great to work with. We paid exactly what he quoted us down to the penny. I haven't stop smiling since we bought it. Why did I wait so long to join the Jeep family?
3.6 V6 auto, Sun & Sound package, Safety group, LEDs, Trailer-Tow Package, Cold weather package.
Resized_20210211_175036.jpeg

sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys
AFAIK, in the North American market the various trims offer lo and hi rise textured halogen, lo and hi rise painted halogen, hi rise textured LED and lo and hi rise painted LED. (Not positive about that last one though.) Export market adds lo rise textured LED. All because the size of the fender housing for halogen and LED isn't the same.

So if you want OEM LEDs, your options are to pick up a Rubi fender (hi line) or order the export lo line LED fender. I bought some LEDs from a forum member before I knew any of this. Now they're for sale again!
Interesting! Can you share the link for the sport/willys style LED fender please? Also being an export, is it plug and play?
Sponsored