Sponsored

Willys Edition JL Club Thread

Mudawg10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler
Any recommendations for 35in daily driver tires that still give the rugged look? I’ve heard good things about the Nitto Ridge Grapplers. I run 35in Nitto Mud Grapplers on My TJ but not sure I’d love them on my 2021 Willys Sport Unlimited (being built now) for everyday driving.
Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks!
I have k02s and like them. No road noise and last forever. Got hit with 12 inches of snow this week and no issues.
Sponsored

Sponsored

Patriot1776

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willy's in Sarge Green
So am getting ready to finish the financing and go pick up my JLU that I ordered through military Auto Source. up until I finalize financing I can back out(with a penalty), but I have been seeing a lot of posts with the LSD issues and now Clutch problems with the 21 as well. I am now wondering if this is still a good purchase. I will be in Hawaii and will be upgrading slowly(very slowly) but this shit has me thinking about taking the hit and waiting a bit. Any suggestions? Any good bad and ugly with the LSD and manual? Both things I really wanted and now they seem to be the downside.

Raz65

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys
So am getting ready to finish the financing and go pick up my JLU that I ordered through military Auto Source. up until I finalize financing I can back out(with a penalty), but I have been seeing a lot of posts with the LSD issues and now Clutch problems with the 21 as well. I am now wondering if this is still a good purchase. I will be in Hawaii and will be upgrading slowly(very slowly) but this shit has me thinking about taking the hit and waiting a bit. Any suggestions? Any good bad and ugly with the LSD and manual? Both things I really wanted and now they seem to be the downside.
I have a Willys on order with a manual and LSD. I'm not worried at all, the problems you hear about always sound worse and more widespread than they really are. The people with no problems rarely post to say so.
I'm currently in a 2012 Rubicon with the early Pentastar 3.6 that had some problems with one of the heads. 140,000 kms later I have had zero issues.

Patriot1776

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willy's in Sarge Green
Thanks guys. I know its usually the worst cases that hit the threads, but I just have high hopes for family fun and a good build. I will be swapping out those things eventually but I want them to last at least until then. lol

Sponsored

captainmac44

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Sport
Just bought this beauty yesterday! My 4th Wrangler, but I sold my last one in 2015. It feels good to be back in the club!
Jeep Wrangler JL Willys Edition JL Club Thread IMG_1096
Absolutely perfect. I’m ordering one in the next couple months... black Willys Sport, manual. Ahhhh, I can’t wait! So badass. I’ve seen very few Willys and they’re all 4-doors, never black. Any info you’re willing to divulge... I’d love to hear about your purchase. Did you have them flip the tires to black walls at the dealer? I know it’s minor, but I can’t decide on the exposed white letters. I’m also considering black lugs. I know, haven’t even ordered yet and I’m obsessing over details.

Jolonghorn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Absolutely perfect. I’m ordering one in the next couple months... black Willys Sport, manual. Ahhhh, I can’t wait! So badass. I’ve seen very few Willys and they’re all 4-doors, never black. Any info you’re willing to divulge... I’d love to hear about your purchase. Did you have them flip the tires to black walls at the dealer? I know it’s minor, but I can’t decide on the exposed white letters. I’m also considering black lugs. I know, haven’t even ordered yet and I’m obsessing over details.
Do the Willys come with chrome lugs?

Pepe My Little Mule

First Name
J.D.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Jeep 4.7L; 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Just change the rear diff fluid at 5k miles the first time, and every 10k after. 2020 Willys here, no issues.

Duluth Diesel

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willy’s Sport
Just change the rear diff fluid at 5k miles the first time, and every 10k after. 2020 Willys here, no issues.
Good advice for sure. I’m running AMSOIL Severe Gear 75W90 because it’s a full synthetic and has the friction modifier built in for the limited slip clutches. Severe Gear
Sponsored