Willys Edition JL Club Thread

nonebeter99

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
question on the switchbacks and fender lights. Did you have to install a resister? I’m a first time Jeep owner and not particularly handy. I’m working up the confidence to take on more and more little mods. Just did the gas cap and that was fun. Thinking of doing the fender lights, most videos I’ve seen talk about installing a resister and I’m not sure if that’s something I want to tackle just yet. I clicked on the lights you bought and it looks like they call out the fact you don’t need to do a resister, just wanted to confirm if that was the case.
Correct. For the lights I linked, no resistor is needed. Incredibly easy install. Maybe 5-10 minutes for each side.
Sponsored

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
do the gas Willys not come with a fuel door? my Diesel Willys did,...
probably because the DEF cap and the bright green Diesel fuel cap would be too weird for some people to look at? ;)

FWIW, i also yanked the "4WD" sticker off the tailgate (i mean, who cares? isn't that what J**ps are supposed to be anyway?), but yanked the "Wrangler" and "Unlimited" stickers leaving only the JEEP sticker on the sides.
i had planned to yank the "WILLYS" stickers off of the hood, but they've kinda' grown on me a bit,.. though i might still replace them with the 'distressed' version from previous years models.

Keating

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 392
Front fit fine. I would not waste my time trying to pop out the retention pins. Drill them. The rears do not fit perfectly. I went to Weather Tech, Bolingbrook is not far from me. They took pictures are are supposed to be redesigning them. If you do install the rears take a long flat head screw driver to hold the clip as you start the screw. Snug it up. If you over tighten or opt not to use the long flat head the clip will snap. Don’t ask how I know. 🙄 but it took longer than expected. Probably an hour. Maybe a little less. Not the 10 minutes it says.
LOL, Bolingbrook, IL. Heck I lived there from 1971 until 2015 until Arizona called my name LOL. I did a lot of projects when the first Weathertech was built. Now they have 6 buildings there including the corporate office. That guy starting selling floor mats from Europe out of the trunk of his car, going dealership to dealership. Now he has all of that, funds a race team for his son, takes a chopper to work somedays, and has one hell of a massive Porsche collection. And the '59 Austin Healey in there was in a James Bond movie. CRazy life, and he definitely lives the American Dream.

azulwavesJL

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys JLU hydro blue
Occupation
Flight Planning Supervisor
So I just did a build via the Jeep website since hydro blue has officially been added to the colors for the Willys and I noticed that the grill is showing in hydro blue color instead of the gloss black grill. Hopefully this is just an error with the builder as I prefer the look of the gloss black grill.

Notice my updated profile pic that shows this.

Namakan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Willys
So I just did a build via the Jeep website since hydro blue has officially been added to the colors for the Willys and I noticed that the grill is showing in hydro blue color instead of the gloss black grill. Hopefully this is just an error with the builder as I prefer the look of the gloss black grill.

Notice my updated profile pic that shows this.
The Snazzberry did the same on their website but it is black and I’m sure this would be the same for Hydro. I don’t remember the Willys code but the black grill is part of the package.

Sponsored

ratherbskiing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUWD
I just added WeatherTech front mud flaps on our 2020 WIllys. They fit great, no drilling req'd.
Did you have to order the "Rubicon" version of the mud flaps to fit with the rock rails? Do they will align to the Willy Fender well, considering the rubicon fenders are a bit different?

dmc1068

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys 4dr JL and 2020 Jeep Wrangler Willys 2dr JL
Did you have to order the "Rubicon" version of the mud flaps to fit with the rock rails? Do they will align to the Willy Fender well, considering the rubicon fenders are a bit different?
Just order for the Willys. Why would you order for a Rubicon? The back ones are not completely proper but work.

The_Armed_Gardener

First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Willys 2021 2D, Subaru, Ford Ranger, Aluminum Jet Pump Sled
Occupation
Transit Authority Paratransit Operator
I like your jeep. Nice. I grew up in Lakewood on Steilacoom lake , my wife grew up on 38th and Tacoma Ave. I've changed a lot of stuff already in a short time on my Willys. I can't decide if I should get a new steel back bumper or dual exhaust next. Just pick one for me. I'm just being fun. Pick one. BTW, do you know/met Kathy at Tacoma Jeep, LOL?

Landog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Willys 2 Door
I like your jeep. Nice. I grew up in Lakewood on Steilacoom lake , my wife grew up on 38th and Tacoma Ave. I've changed a lot of stuff already in a short time on my Willys. I can't decide if I should get a new steel back bumper or dual exhaust next. Just pick one for me. I'm just being fun. Pick one. BTW, do you know/met Kathy at Tacoma Jeep, LOL?
I don't know Kathy from Tacoma Jeep. I bought from Bud Clary up in Auburn.
I know what you mean about mods!. I've got a shorty antenna and a fuel door ready to go on!

Cheers!
Landog

Sponsored

elminer91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Willys
Jeep Wrangler JL Willys Edition JL Club Thread IMG_3342
Picked up my first Wrangler about two weeks ago and couldn't be happier! Been trying for a few months to pull the trigger on buying one. But, right when I was about to do a deal back in November, I lost my job and had to put things on hold... But, here we are!
As it's my first off-roader, I'm wondering if anybody can point me in the direction for some good beginner trails to her get her dirty (I'm in the Washington DC area). Thanks and stoked to be a part of the Willys fam!

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
FWIW, i also yanked the "4WD" sticker off the tailgate (i mean, who cares? isn't that what J**ps are supposed to be anyway?)
The reason that sticker is there is because on the original Willys Overland and Kaiser Willys CJs, they almost always had that graphic stenciled on the tailgate.

Jeep Wrangler JL Willys Edition JL Club Thread 1611887701768

Last edited:

PECoach

First Name
Coach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Wrangler TJ
When my Willys sport Unlimited build comes in, I’m ready to put on 35’s and rims on it. Do you guys have an idea of what could get $$ for the stock tires and rims to offset the cost of new ones? Thanks!

Civil_Willy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Willys
Finally joined the forum after lurking and reading for a while.

I picked my Firecracker up back at the end of July. Loving every minute.

Only little mods so far - stubby antennae and door sill guards (how are these not included!)

This is my first Jeep and I'm thrilled with it.
Jeep Wrangler JL Willys Edition JL Club Thread 2020.08.07

PECoach

First Name
Coach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Wrangler TJ
Finally joined the forum after lurking and reading for a while.

I picked my Firecracker up back at the end of July. Loving every minute.

Only little mods so far - stubby antennae and door sill guards (how are these not included!)

This is my first Jeep and I'm thrilled with it.
Jeep Wrangler JL Willys Edition JL Club Thread 2020.08.07
Looks great!! Congrats!! Can’t wait for my Hydro Blue, sometime mid March.
Sponsored