Willys Edition JL Club Thread

garyji

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Sahara, 2021 JLU Willys
According to Jeep's build site, the only top with a Zero dollars is the "Premium Tan Sunrider Soft top. They even have an additional 595.00 for the black Soft top. I tried several colors and the Tan seems to be standard. Upon further digging, the 0.00 is if you have the top group which includes the black hard top. That group is over 2000.00. Standard black soft top is the 595.00. Seems like you just have to order what you want.

G.

LTLWLLY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willy's JLU Hellayella
I don’t believe it does. I ordered the dual top group and that comes with the premium top.

dmc1068

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys 4dr JL and 2020 Jeep Wrangler Willys 2dr JL
Got sideswiped last night driving home. Little douche driving like and ass. Hits me and actually pushed me into the next lane. I heard metal crunching and glass breaking. He took off like a bat out of hell. Didn’t get the plates. Pulled over to survey the damage. He wiped the salt off my Ace Engineering Rock Sliders. No dents, no scratches but now I guess I need to wash it.

701D1E23-1B4C-48C1-B244-6554D7F34ADC.jpeg

2A8085BC-AB5C-4C81-869D-FFAD775CA1A4.jpeg

Jolonghorn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Can anyone confirm if the 2021 Willys 2-door (not sport) has the gap filler between the bumper and front fender?

Sponsored

Bruce Willys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Willys, 2021 Wrangler Unlimited High Altitude
Stevens Pass a week ago:

Jeep Wrangler JL Willys Edition JL Club Thread qpJU33R

We were inches from being rear ended prior to taking that photo. A Camaro came around a corner going too fast and slammed on the brakes while I was waiting to turn into that parking lot. They rotated while sliding and barely missed my Jeep and smashed nose first into a snow bank. I parked and got out to check out the damage and see if they needed help, but they had already taken off. They're lucky that they didn't hit a person, there's a lot of foot traffic and families up around the ski resort constantly crossing. :stop:

Later that weekend, she was a little less clean inside and out:

Jeep Wrangler JL Willys Edition JL Club Thread jSmuyJA

Landog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Willys 2 Door
Stevens Pass a week ago:

We were inches from being rear ended prior to taking that photo. A Camaro came around a corner going too fast and slammed on the brakes while I was waiting to turn into that parking lot. They rotated while sliding and barely missed my Jeep and smashed nose first into a snow bank. I parked and got out to check out the damage and see if they needed help, but they had already taken off. They're lucky that they didn't hit a person, there's a lot of foot traffic and families up around the ski resort constantly crossing. :stop:

Later that weekend, she was a little less clean inside and out:

Waiting to take delivery of my 2 door Sarge Green Willys next week! Could you give me your thoughts on how the tires are performing so far? I'm down in the Puyallup area.

Thanks!
Landog

Bruce Willys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting to take delivery of my 2 door Sarge Green Willys next week! Could you give me your thoughts on how the tires are performing so far? I'm down in the Puyallup area.

Thanks!
Landog
Nice color choice, you'll love it. :rock:

For a mud terrain tire, I am loving them. They are slightly more noisy than some of the LT all terrain options that I've ran on other vehicles (Duratracs and Ridge Grapplers most recently), but only slightly noisier. They are surprisingly quiet for a M/T, but I only have 7000 miles on them so that may change as they age. Currently you'd have to listen for the hum, the noise is not at all intrusive.

They don't have the wet weather grip that a quality A/T tire provides, though that's really a non issue unless one is an aggressive driver (hard braking, hard acceleration at stop lights, hard cornering). With my driving style on the street, grip is never an issue and I don't accelerate slowly but I don't push it either. Snow and ice performance is somewhat iffy. They do fantastic in deep snow offroad, but they are slick on hardpack compared to a good A/T tire with the mountain snowflake symbol. They do just fine in the snow though when piloted by an experienced snow driver who is driving with respect for the conditions. Offroad is where these tires shine (of course), they really dig in even on the sloppiest of trails.

Pepe My Little Mule

First Name
J.D.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Jeep 4.7L; 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Nice color choice, you'll love it. :rock:

For a mud terrain tire, I am loving them. They are slightly more noisy than some of the LT all terrain options that I've ran on other vehicles (Duratracs and Ridge Grapplers most recently), but only slightly noisier. They are surprisingly quiet for a M/T, but I only have 7000 miles on them so that may change as they age. Currently you'd have to listen for the hum, the noise is not at all intrusive.

They don't have the wet weather grip that a quality A/T tire provides, though that's really a non issue unless one is an aggressive driver (hard braking, hard acceleration at stop lights, hard cornering). With my driving style on the street, grip is never an issue and I don't accelerate slowly but I don't push it either. Snow and ice performance is somewhat iffy. They do fantastic in deep snow offroad, but they are slick on hardpack compared to a good A/T tire with the mountain snowflake symbol. They do just fine in the snow though when piloted by an experienced snow driver who is driving with respect for the conditions. Offroad is where these tires shine (of course), they really dig in even on the sloppiest of trails.
Just stud them!

Na Kalohe

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL Willys
In 1994 I bought my first Jeep, a Cherokee Sport XJ and then in 2002 a Liberty Limited. Always wanted a Wrangler so after 19 years it was hard to give up the Liberty (lots of memories) but it was time. And 2 weeks ago we picked up our 2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU Willys. Really can't get over the difference in ride, comfort and technology. Who would think this of a Jeep!

All Willys JLUs came standard with the Rubicon rock rails but I'd like to also install nerf bar steps to protect the doors from dents and make it easier for my 5'2" better half easier access in and out. My question is are there any vendors who make them and able to mount them without having to remove the standard rock rails?

20210121_133704.jpg

20210121_133718.jpg

20210121_133837.jpg

20210121_133753.jpg

20210121_133821.jpg

Sponsored

Jolonghorn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
In 1994 I bought my first Jeep, a Cherokee Sport XJ and then in 2002 a Liberty Limited. Always wanted a Wrangler so after 19 years it was hard to give up the Liberty (lots of memories) but it was time. And 2 weeks ago we picked up our 2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU Willys. Really can't get over the difference in ride, comfort and technology. Who would think this of a Jeep!

All Willys JLUs came standard with the Rubicon rock rails but I'd like to also install nerf bar steps to protect the doors from dents and make it easier for my 5'2" better half easier access in and out. My question is are there any vendors who make them and able to mount them without having to remove the standard rock rails?

20210121_133704.jpg

20210121_133718.jpg

20210121_133837.jpg

20210121_133753.jpg

20210121_133821.jpg
Ace Engineering Rock Sliders. I have them on my 2018 JLUR and just ordered for my 2021 2-door Willys. They’re very good looking and do exactly what you’re looking for.

Bruce Willys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just stud them!
Definitely a good option for those who live in a climate with harsh winters. They aren't necessary out here in this part of Western WA, most of the lowlands are in the 40's all winter without significant snow accumulation. The mountain passes get a good amount of snow this time of year, but running studded tires would annihilate the pavement on the way there.

Mudawg10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler
Can anyone confirm if the 2021 Willys 2-door (not sport) has the gap filler between the bumper and front fender?
My 2021 didn’t. It’s a 4 door if that matters. All the pics I’ve seen don’t have it either on the 2021

JeezAJeep

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Baja..2019 BMW X2

Jeep Wrangler JL Willys Edition JL Club Thread 20210121_133821

Love it
Sponsored