First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
All, pretty sure I’m going to order a Willys to replace my 2018 Sport S when my lease is up this summer. I want something a little tougher than the Sport but don’t want to go all the way to Rubicon. I love the looks of the Willys in Sarge.

I did have a couple questions:

-on Jeep’s build site, it shows a $1k LED package, I thought the Willys came with LEDs standard, is this something else, or just a typical Jeep flub in the configuration and my cost should be $1k less than when I include that pack?

-I don’t off-road nearly as much as I would like to due to my living in the Chicago suburbs, and we obviously get real winter, though not a ton of snow. I’ve heard the MT tires aren’t great in light snow/ice, is this fair? Is it possible to order an AT tire rather than an MT?

I ordered my current Jeep and would plan to order this one as well. I will probably order similar to what I have today:

7” Uconnect
Alpine
Cold Weather
Dual Tops
Trailer
Homelink

I have 8AT/3.6L, I’ll probably do 8AT/2.0T this time as it appears it’s now the base engine for the 8AT? Not interested in paying more for the 3.6L with the Hybrid. Worth it to spring the extra $700 for FT AWD? I’ve never had a problem with the part time in my Sport S (and I don’t have LSD either, and crappy Bridgestone Duelers).
Thanks guys!
Sponsored

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys
Jeep Wrangler JL Willys Edition JL Club Thread 20201129_161307-X2

Not completely stuffed:

I wanted these KO2s not so much for the size but rather for the "3 Peak Mountain Snowflake" rating. Good to have where we live.
Dang good looking in black. Snowflakes on the tire required here too, if not law common sense.

hutchman

First Name
itufoijo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willy
Hutchman thanks! Double check me please for stock 2021 Willys. These will def. suit me.
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=All-Terrain T/A KO2&partnum=87R7KO2RWL

Yes, those are what I have. You might be able to find some low mile take offs from a Rubicon and save a few bucks. I was able to trade the stock wheels and tires to the dealership for these Rubicon take offs. They had a set from a new Rubicon they lifted for the showroom.

Sponsored

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys
Yes, those are what I have. You might be able to find some low mile take offs from a Rubicon and save a few bucks. I was able to trade the stock wheels and tires to the dealership for these Rubicon take offs. They had a set from a new Rubicon they lifted for the showroom.
I'll look into that when the time comes.
In the meantime for 5 wheels/4 installed 1 spare my local dealer would want 1359 for the BFG KO2 285/70/17. They have a one day turn around. I just got off the phone with them.

Last edited:
First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2-door willys
got my Willys a few weeks ago! Definitely an upgrade from my beat up TJ. Vinyl decals were a pain in the butt for the larger hood decal but I’m pleased
My current dilemma is my TJ had a 3.5 in lift w 33” tires and it looked awesome. With the JL that much lift w a 33” makes the tires seem too small. I don’t hVe a lot of disposable income. I won’t ever do serious wheeling thay will require lockers. I do easy to moderate wheeling semi regular but not all the time. I think I’ll get a minor lift w 33s instead of the 3.5 in lift w control arms and 35s but not sure if I’ll regret that later.

Jeep Wrangler JL Willys Edition JL Club Thread 3C62EA02-3A5A-4C95-AC48-54FC8029CD9A

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys
got my Willys a few weeks ago! Definitely an upgrade from my beat up TJ. Vinyl decals were a pain in the butt for the larger hood decal but I’m pleased
My current dilemma is my TJ had a 3.5 in lift w 33” tires and it looked awesome. With the JL that much lift w a 33” makes the tires seem too small. I don’t hVe a lot of disposable income. I won’t ever do serious wheeling thay will require lockers. I do easy to moderate wheeling semi regular but not all the time. I think I’ll get a minor lift w 33s instead of the 3.5 in lift w control arms and 35s but not sure if I’ll regret that later.

Jeep Wrangler JL Willys Edition JL Club Thread 3C62EA02-3A5A-4C95-AC48-54FC8029CD9A
You did an awesome job getting the huge hood decal on. Looks really good. Like your 'shark' on the side too.
Doesn't teraflex make a 'minor' lift kit, something like 1.25 inches or thereabouts?

hutchman

First Name
itufoijo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willy
At 32.7", a 285/70-17 and no lift, works well on mine. So far, no rub whatsoever.

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
Did the same thing but with 37's. Axles are aligned correctly, alignment in spec and speedometer done all by the dealership which always doesn't get it right. The only issue is some bow in the springs even with the newer Mopar lift kit. Nothing that is noticable looking at it though.

Jeep Wrangler JL Willys Edition JL Club Thread 93365398_10223129569297663_804900321791836160_n

Sponsored

dmc1068

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys 4dr JL and 2020 Jeep Wrangler Willys 2dr JL
All, pretty sure I’m going to order a Willys to replace my 2018 Sport S when my lease is up this summer. I want something a little tougher than the Sport but don’t want to go all the way to Rubicon. I love the looks of the Willys in Sarge.

I did have a couple questions:

-on Jeep’s build site, it shows a $1k LED package, I thought the Willys came with LEDs standard, is this something else, or just a typical Jeep flub in the configuration and my cost should be $1k less than when I include that pack?

-I don’t off-road nearly as much as I would like to due to my living in the Chicago suburbs, and we obviously get real winter, though not a ton of snow. I’ve heard the MT tires aren’t great in light snow/ice, is this fair? Is it possible to order an AT tire rather than an MT?

I ordered my current Jeep and would plan to order this one as well. I will probably order similar to what I have today:

7” Uconnect
Alpine
Cold Weather
Dual Tops
Trailer
Homelink

I have 8AT/3.6L, I’ll probably do 8AT/2.0T this time as it appears it’s now the base engine for the 8AT? Not interested in paying more for the 3.6L with the Hybrid. Worth it to spring the extra $700 for FT AWD? I’ve never had a problem with the part time in my Sport S (and I don’t have LSD either, and crappy Bridgestone Duelers).
Thanks guys!
Make sure your not looking at the Willys Sport. My 21 Willys came with LED. Headlights. Had to buy the package for taillights. I opted for the 3.6. The wife has the 2.0. We live in Chicago. Tires are fine.

Last edited:

Gio

First Name
Gio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JEEP CHEROKEE LIMITED. 2021JEEP WRANGLER WILLYS
Did the same thing but with 37's. Axles are aligned correctly, alignment in spec and speedometer done all by the dealership which always doesn't get it right. The only issue is some bow in the springs even with the newer Mopar lift kit. Nothing that is noticable looking at it though.

Jeep Wrangler JL Willys Edition JL Club Thread 93365398_10223129569297663_804900321791836160_n
Sensational beast!

I love the color and was considering the same. I always end up with bright white though. Did you reinforce your spare carrier? With 35's I did not, though I question the choice. We leased ours for 4 years so we'll likely be out with it and into another Willys or Rubi before anything happens.

Our dealership did an excellent job with the speedometer calibration but I'd be curios to see what would happen with 37s.
We have some "tame off-road plans" at least to start with.

I've been eyeing up rooftop tents and all of the overland gear, but don't know that we'll do that with this current vehicle.

You nailed it with this! I like everything about it!

Gio

First Name
Gio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JEEP CHEROKEE LIMITED. 2021JEEP WRANGLER WILLYS
Make sure your not looking at the Willys Sport. My 21 Willys came with LED. Headlights. Had to buy the package for taillights. I opted for the 3.6. The wife has the 2.0. We love in Chicago. Tires are fine.
Same here, I wasn't sure what was going on when we were ordering. They were calling our's the Willys Sport and I had to clarify exactly what we wanted.
We like the LEDs to the rear. They are exceptionally bright.
Ns3FOK6.jpg

My biggest gripe at the moment is the Halo light situation. They seem to run in the ON position constantly. The other night I was parked and waiting for my wife. I wanted the vehicle running, but wanted to be darked out.

I've tried every switch/setting, used the parking brake and they stay on.

I'm not up for a Tazer so I guess I'll deal with it.

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
Yes. I have the mopar one. I'd do it with 35's also. I bought used black oracle LED taillights off this forum. They are very easy to install. They are plug and play.

Reactions: Gio

Knel6

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Willys
Clubs

Hello Willys owners!
I'm new to Jeep, will be new to Willys/Wrangler/new to this forum....but I did post in the general thread where to post Willys specific topics.

Learned to shift on a Jeep 55 years ago...looks they've changed a bit.

Currently in negotiations with a dealer, should be an owner within a month. Was hell bent on going the order route through a dealer but found almost everything 100 miles away. Emotion said Sarge Green but logic told me Sting Grey would look cleaner easier.

I have two questions please.
1. Will this tire work on my 2021 Willys out of box without lift or spacers. We use a smaller version on a camper van it is has saved us many times.
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=All-Terrain+T/A+KO2&partnum=875SR7KO2
I'd like to go as big as possible on the 17s without lift or spacing.

2. Even though I live in the southeast U.S. the last two days haven't cracked the freezing mark, we live at 4000 feet and currently there is 8 inches of snow in my driveway.
What to expect from the diesel engine in the cold?
I will get getting remote start and will add an engine block heater when I can find one that is approved by Jeep on the diesel model.

Why a Willys? Seemed like a perfect compromise between the upper tiers and the lower ones. I'm more on function and won't be rock crawling....just the ability to deal with 8-12 inches of snow would be nice. The wife is also do another vehicle in a bit less than a year and she's going Subaru outback; so between the Willys and the Subaru we should be able to get out most of the time if abs. necessary.

Thanks for letting me enter the Jeep world-very excited!
Robert
Here is a great thread for the tire size you are looking at, depending on the specific brand/type it seems some fit and others are a bit too big 285/70R17 likely the safer bet for fit without a lift. Not sure about the diesel in cold weather. Welcome to the party, enjoy the Jeep!

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/285-75-r17-on-stock-jl-sport.9439/
Sponsored