Knel6

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Willys
Clubs

How do you like the new Toyos? What size did you go with? Looks good! Also looks like you’ve been busy on some trials already.
Also, is it lifted at all?

Abnmarine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
How do you like the new Toyos? What size did you go with? Looks good! Also looks like you’ve been busy on some trials already.
I really like the Toyo AT3’s 285/75/17 over the MTs. They are a lot quieter and give a smoother ride. I added them, Rubicon springs, fenders and steel rear bumper this week.
I spent last month in Colorado and hit several trails. I’m still waiting for two more badges to arrive.

Knel6

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Willys
Clubs

I really like the Toyo AT3’s 285/75/17 over the MTs. They are a lot quieter and give a smoother ride. I added them, Rubicon springs, fenders and steel rear bumper this week.
I spent last month in Colorado and hit several trails. I’m still waiting for two more badges to arrive.
Very nice! Do you know about how much clearance the rubicon fenders add?

Sponsored

Mudawg10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler
What kind of led fender lights are you guys running? I thought it was kind of lame they aren’t led like the headlights and fogs. I don’t want to change the fenders. Just want clear led lights. My understanding is if I want to turn on the fender lights for drl I need a taser also? Thanks.

Knel6

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Willys
Clubs

What kind of led fender lights are you guys running? I thought it was kind of lame they aren’t led like the headlights and fogs. I don’t want to change the fenders. Just want clear led lights. My understanding is if I want to turn on the fender lights for drl I need a taser also? Thanks.
I am running stock still and likely will for some time. I’ve looked at changing the side marker like to a smoked lens to go along with the blacked out Willys theme. I believe to change the bulbs to LED you just need to add a resistor with the bulb or get one with it built in otherwise it will throw an error from what I have read (haven’t tired it myself). For DRL I believe a programmer is needed as you said.

IamThad72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler unlimited willys
I am running stock still and likely will for some time. I’ve looked at changing the side marker like to a smoked lens to go along with the blacked out Willys theme. I believe to change the bulbs to LED you just need to add a resistor with the bulb or get one with it built in otherwise it will throw an error from what I have read (haven’t tired it myself). For DRL I believe a programmer is needed as you said.
I just went in with new high top fenders w/ LEDs. I purchased Jscan app and the cables necessary to reprogram the drls. It was easy.

Walter_Mustang

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL Willys Sport 4 door
A friend of mine is getting a 2021 Sahara High Altitude. I was wondering if his springs are the same as my Willys or would provide a little lift like Rubicon springs would. He was willing to give me his suspension after his lift...wasn’t sure if it was an upgrade or the same. Thanks!

Knel6

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Willys
Clubs

A friend of mine is getting a 2021 Sahara High Altitude. I was wondering if his springs are the same as my Willys or would provide a little lift like Rubicon springs would. He was willing to give me his suspension after his lift...wasn’t sure if it was an upgrade or the same. Thanks!
From what I have learned it appears the higher the spring part number the more lift it will provide. My guess is they would be about the same as the Willys but comparing the part numbers would be the best way to confirm.

Sponsored

Kirkpatrick618

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Rubicon
Occupation
Military / Retired / Contractor
Does anyone have height measurements from a stock Willys (not Willys Sport)? I did a Rubi spring swap and forgot to do a before measure. My current measurements are: 37” DR, 36 3/4” DF, 36 1/4” PF, and 37 1/4” with all measurements taken from the very bottom center of the fenders (see pic for reference).

6A1B4C9C-5BAC-4C65-B915-F562E5905657.jpeg

Mudawg10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler
Does anyone have height measurements from a stock Willys (not Willys Sport)? I did a Rubi spring swap and forgot to do a before measure. My current measurements are: 37” DR, 36 3/4” DF, 36 1/4” PF, and 37 1/4” with all measurements taken from the very bottom center of the fenders (see pic for reference).

6A1B4C9C-5BAC-4C65-B915-F562E5905657.jpeg
My measurements won’t help since I changed my tires. Did you swap just the springs or shocks as well? I ask because I hear many say the Willys has Rubicon shocks already.

Searching the part number on Mine in the picture I couldn’t find as on a Rubicon?

EDIT I found this as a Rubicon Shock on 2021's

Jeep Wrangler JL Willys Edition JL Club Thread E1C6663F-7703-4583-ACA1-9B44251250C8

Last edited:

Kirkpatrick618

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Rubicon
Occupation
Military / Retired / Contractor
My measurements won’t help since I changed my tires. Did you swap just the springs or shocks as well? I ask because I hear many say the Willys has Rubicon shocks already.

Searching the part number on Mine in the picture I couldn’t find as on a Rubicon?

Jeep Wrangler JL Willys Edition JL Club Thread E1C6663F-7703-4583-ACA1-9B44251250C8
I only swapped the springs and Mopar extended LCAs. The springs that I used are numbered 59,60 fronts. 90,91 rears. They came off of 4 door with hardtop and steel bumpers. I also have the shocks but I didn’t use them as they seemed to be the same.

Ed Pursell

First Name
-Ed-
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Willys- 3.6 Pentastar,8 speed Auto, Selec-Trac transfer case
Occupation
Supervisor- MRO Buyer Maintenance- Pet food Mfg.
Ordered 10/06, delivered this past Thursday. Took possession last night. 3.6 e-torque, 8 speed auto, and I ordered the Select Trac transfer case option. Long 5 weeks, but seems great so far, I’m impressed with the 2021 over my 2016 Willys. And Sting Gray color!

9F6FC4B0-C1B2-4EE1-B11E-2EEDAC516CC4.jpeg
Sponsored