First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
Do you want a smaller diameter and wider tire?
I guess I was thinking it was a pretty marginal difference in height (.4") for quite a bit better selection (and better pricing). For a mostly-road-driven Jeep, less than a half inch of height is no biggie really.
Sponsored

IamThad72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler unlimited willys
I guess I was thinking it was a pretty marginal difference in height (.4") for quite a bit better selection (and better pricing). For a mostly-road-driven Jeep, less than a half inch of height is no biggie really.
ATs will definitely make the ride smoother. I guess I was shocked you wanted to go smaller. Most Jeep owners don't.. The Willys MTs are a good tire, but loud.

Short bus

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW
Quick snap, picked ours up last night. Haven’t really had time to fully enjoy yet, home late last night then work all day today. Hopefully I can check it out more thoroughly tomorrow and the rest of the week. I definitely did enjoy that cold weather package today though.

F1F20D81-0503-45BC-B80B-5CD255CB00FB.jpeg

oh, and the dealer had a matching hat for me too.

AFFE8A1A-83E7-4EAE-A91A-BBE7E626CC03.jpeg

JeezAJeep

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Baja..2019 BMW X2
Love the yellow...no options for grill guards though...sucks

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
ATs will definitely make the ride smoother. I guess I was shocked you wanted to go smaller. Most Jeep owners don't.. The Willys MTs are a good tire, but loud.
Yeah, bigger tires have their place, but they'd just be cosmetic on my wife's Jeep. She commutes daily, often in the dark/rain/dense fog on 55mph unlit country roads in heavily wooded areas with lots of deer. Leaving the MTs on or going bigger isn't gonna do her any favors, as cool as it may look.

I swapped my Sport OEM Goodyears with her Destinations for now, but she doesn't like how they look (too tame in comparison).. so I was trying to find a 32-ish with an aggressive sidewall so it looks the part but has good road manners... without breaking the bank.

265/70 appears to be such a common size that every major brand has them and they're usually one of the cheaper sizes for 17" rims. I figured someone might have also not wanted MT tires or larger tires and swapped to this size for that reason. Maybe not so many folks who would frequent an enthusiast forum though!

Sponsored

IamThad72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, bigger tires have their place, but they'd just be cosmetic on my wife's Jeep. She commutes daily, often in the dark/rain/dense fog on 55mph unlit country roads in heavily wooded areas with lots of deer. Leaving the MTs on or going bigger isn't gonna do her any favors, as cool as it may look.

I swapped my Sport OEM Goodyears with her Destinations for now, but she doesn't like how they look (too tame in comparison).. so I was trying to find a 32-ish with an aggressive sidewall so it looks the part but has good road manners... without breaking the bank.

265/70 appears to be such a common size that every major brand has them and they're usually one of the cheaper sizes for 17" rims. I figured someone might have also not wanted MT tires or larger tires and swapped to this size for that reason. Maybe not so many folks who would frequent an enthusiast forum though!
I swapped to the Toyo AT3s. They are super quiet, but still look aggressive. Not sure your price point, but Mopar is also having a buy 3 get 1 for a dollar sale.

IamThad72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I noticed the rear passenger tire with the space had a slight negative camber with the wheel spacer. It was noticeable with the naked eye (neighbor pointed it out to me). I also noticed the majority of my break components were extremely exposed due to the stock tire being moved out.Wheel spacers looked great but I took them off because the back passenger tire looked slightly off. I checked it with a level and it was a hair off. Over reacting....thoughts???The tire appears back to normal now without the wheel spacers.
What do you think caused the negative camber? I mean the spacer shouldn't affect the camber correct?

Walter_Mustang

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL Willys Sport 4 door
What do you think caused the negative camber? I mean the spacer shouldn't affect the camber correct?

I had to send this to Teraflex. Tried to find the most level surface. Didn’t feel the machined spacer was true. Made me very nervous

IamThad72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I had to send this to Teraflex. Tried to find the most level surface. Didn’t feel the machined spacer was true. Made me very nervous
Hmmmm I though Teraflex was a good brand. I have a set of spidertax I've been waiting to install. Maybe I'll do a granite counter test on them.

Sponsored

Quickeddy69

First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2D
Jeep Wrangler JL Willys Edition JL Club Thread F7554D53-12D4-4AEE-A1F7-87385861B986

No complaints with the Firestones. I’ve pushed them hard on the warm San Diego roads leaving the desert. Lots of traction off road and on.
Short wheelbase is nice and sporty. 35psi cold provides a much better ride. 3.6 with the manual. The preignition issue is a bummer but I do my best to stay out of that “zone”.

Mudawg10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler
I didn’t care for the AT. Nothing wrong with them but prefer the Ko2 as they are much more quiet. Found dealer takeoffs from a rubicon. Paid 1k with 6 miles. Swapped tires only then sold the rubicon rims with the stock AT tires from my Willys and basically broke even

25BD9815-699D-44AB-91A7-5CE75C2896EB.jpeg

C8161EB7-8D45-4BC1-9633-5E77B4039027.jpeg

32B8DB48-7E1D-4512-A88F-A78846B8AE8E.jpeg

Knel6

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Willys
Clubs

I didn’t care for the AT. Nothing wrong with them but prefer the Ko2 as they are much more quiet. Found dealer takeoffs from a rubicon. Paid 1k with 6 miles. Swapped tires only then sold the rubicon rims with the stock AT tires from my Willys and basically broke even

Jeep Wrangler JL Willys Edition JL Club Thread 32B8DB48-7E1D-4512-A88F-A78846B8AE8E

Jeep Wrangler JL Willys Edition JL Club Thread 32B8DB48-7E1D-4512-A88F-A78846B8AE8E

Looks great! I have been looking at this tire and size, any chance you have before/after photos?