Willys Edition JL Club Thread

cptchunk

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Good looking Jeep, I’ve been mulling going to the 285/75, does it ride any different, any rubbing with the bigger 285/75 size vs rubicon size of 285/70?
I love it. I was very meticulous in my research and was determined to go with a C-load tire. These are much quieter and smoother than the MT2s (mostly because hybrid vs. MT) and it seems that I've only lost about 1 MPG. After 5300 miles on this, the best I've gotten with either tire is 19...but I didn't buy it for that and would have been happy even if it gave me 12. No rubbing in everyday driving, but the Willys has the higher suspension from the Rubi...just not the high fenders. The most endangered piece due to the upsize is that front aero piece that everyone usually removes.

As far as off road performance goes, I haven't taken it on any serious wheeling trips since the new rubber, and the road to get to this campground would be considered easy-moderate (I'm very hesitant to say moderate, we saw an AWD CR-V there).

The Badge of Honor trails are really my goal. For me this tire upgrade in combination with me having a 2-door will probably get me through most, if not all of them with a good spotter. Good news for me because it means I can spend money on the creature comforts for camping and wheeling now .

LTLWLLY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willy's JLU Hellayella
Has anyone used the Firestone tires in the winter? Just wondering how they do, I‘m in Maine so we get a serious winter.

I should be picking my Jeep up within a week and I plan on doing a small 2” lift and putting 33” tires on, but was going to wait until Spring. If the stock tires suck I might need to move my plans up to ASAP.

Sponsored

WillysNH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Commander, 2021 Willys (on order)
Has anyone used the Firestone tires in the winter? Just wondering how they do, I‘m in Maine so we get a serious winter.

I should be picking my Jeep up within a week and I plan on doing a small 2” lift and putting 33” tires on, but was going to wait until Spring. If the stock tires suck I might need to move my plans up to ASAP.
Everywhere i've read, people are satisfied with their performance in the snow. i'm in NH and have the same plan for my willys which has been sitting in MA for 9 days.

LTLWLLY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Everywhere i've read, people are satisfied with their performance in the snow. i'm in NH and have the same plan for my willys which has been sitting in MA for 9 days.

I feel like ours are probably hanging out together, mine supposedly got there Wed. My dealer said it takes about a week to go that last 3 1/2 hours. :(

WillysNH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I feel like ours are probably hanging out together, mine supposedly got there Wed. My dealer said it takes about a week to go that last 3 1/2 hours. :(
well then, we should both get some good news soon!

Knel6

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Willys
Clubs

Thanks . I will say that going from Mud Terrain to All Terrain made a huge difference both in ride quality and noise reduction.
I can imagine it’s quite different,
I love it. I was very meticulous in my research and was determined to go with a C-load tire. These are much quieter and smoother than the MT2s (mostly because hybrid vs. MT) and it seems that I've only lost about 1 MPG. After 5300 miles on this, the best I've gotten with either tire is 19...but I didn't buy it for that and would have been happy even if it gave me 12. No rubbing in everyday driving, but the Willys has the higher suspension from the Rubi...just not the high fenders. The most endangered piece due to the upsize is that front aero piece that everyone usually removes.

As far as off road performance goes, I haven't taken it on any serious wheeling trips since the new rubber, and the road to get to this campground would be considered easy-moderate (I'm very hesitant to say moderate, we saw an AWD CR-V there).

The Badge of Honor trails are really my goal. For me this tire upgrade in combination with me having a 2-door will probably get me through most, if not all of them with a good spotter. Good news for me because it means I can spend money on the creature comforts for camping and wheeling now .
Thanks for the follow up, would love to hear the report once your make it to some more moderate trails off-road to test it out.

WillysNH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not sure if yours is with mine in MA but my dealer reached out this morning. ETA was updated to 10/23 - 11/6. Was formerly 10/14 - 10/28. He said it's taking really long from his experience and he's not sure what the hold up is. ha. more waiting!

Sponsored

LTLWLLY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not sure if yours is with mine in MA but my dealer reached out this morning. ETA was updated to 10/23 - 11/6. Was formerly 10/14 - 10/28. He said it's taking really long from his experience and he's not sure what the hold up is. ha. more waiting!

My Salesman just let me know ours is in! Hopefully this means yours will be in sooner rather than later.

Walter_Mustang

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL Willys Sport 4 door
Just picked mine up from Yukon Oklahoma! 2021 Jeep Willys Sport 4 Door! Plan on putting a Teraflex 1 inch puck lift and changing the tires to 285/75's or 295/70's. Had a 2015 Tank Willys 2dr. The new 4cylinder Turbo is way more snappier!

Jeep Wrangler JL Willys Edition JL Club Thread Willys

Tank Willys.jpg

dmc3csc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
I loved the Tank color, almost as much as Rescue Green.

Knel6

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Willys
Clubs

Just picked mine up from Yukon Oklahoma! 2021 Jeep Willys Sport 4 Door! Plan on putting a Teraflex 1 inch puck lift and changing the tires to 285/75's or 295/70's. Had a 2015 Tank Willys 2dr. The new 4cylinder Turbo is way more snappier!

Jeep Wrangler JL Willys Edition JL Club Thread Tank Willys

Jeep Wrangler JL Willys Edition JL Club Thread Tank Willys
Congratulations! Wouldn’t mind hearing/seeing how the small lift and tire upgrade goes. I am planning to do some mods along those lines as well but not sure if I want to go 285/75 or 285/70 with Rubicon coils for a little added lift.
Sponsored