Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU 3.6L Punk'n Willys
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
Vehicle Showcase
Not saying you have good taste, but that is just like mine.
I had planned on ordering one but the day I went to order they said the color was gone, so I found this the next day. The only thing this has that is different from my order is it's a 6cyl instead or a 4.

BA33

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys Sport
Hey everybody, while I wait for my build to get here, I was just curious as to why you chose the Willys edition in particular. I'll start...

1. The capability of the Willys is attractive right out of the box. You get tire, suspension, rear end, and suspension upgrades standard. It'll be my daily driver and I'm looking forward to getting into some situations that get the adrenaline pumping a bit. I don't want to get into anything too hairy, knowing that I have to drive her to work on Monday, but if I do, the Willys will be fairly well equipped to get me out.
2. The looks are my favorite in the whole JL lineup. Tinted windows, mud tires, and the awesome graphics just look right.
3. The price seems like the best bargain as well.
4. Most importantly for me anyway is that the Willys best represents what a Wrangler is supposed to be. I went with the Sport (3.6 and 6m) because I've always seen the Wrangler as a spartan vehicle that is somehow better when it is short on luxuries and big on simplicity. Some minor discomfort just seems to suit the Jeep experience well. I guess that explains why I opted for such a base 2 door package (only added tow package and soft top bag).

Sponsored

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
Hey everybody, while I wait for my build to get here, I was just curious as to why you chose the Willys edition in particular. I'll start...
My brother talked me into it. He thought I should get the LSD and the upgraded brakes. He also liked that the Willys is blacked out, he blacks out all his cars. I was not against getting an upgraded package but I hated the black grill and wheels, I felt like it made the Jeep too rugged and aggressive looking. I do plan on changing the grill out for a white one eventually. I have no regrets though, I love my Willys. What I really wanted though was the cool looking Willys decal :)

BA33

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys Sport
My brother talked me into it. He thought I should get the LSD and the upgraded brakes. He also liked that the Willys is blacked out, he blacks out all his cars. I was not against getting an upgraded package but I hated the black grill and wheels, I felt like it made the Jeep too rugged and aggressive looking. I do plan on changing the grill out for a white one eventually. I have no regrets though, I love my Willys. What I really wanted though was the cool looking Willys decal :)
The Willys decals are great! Do you think that you would have gotten a different model without your brother's input? Grill should be easy to swap out. Nice choice on color. The white with black effects looks sharp!

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
I was all ready to order the Sport S. I did want the upgraded brakes, mud tires and of course the decal though :LOL: so it wasn’t that hard to talk me into the Willys.
Nice choice on color. The white with black effects looks sharp!
Thank you!

BA33

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys Sport
I was all ready to order the Sport S. I did want the upgraded brakes, mud tires and of course the decal though :LOL: so it wasn’t that hard to talk me into the Willys. Thank you!
Easy choice then!

Sponsored

Punk'n Willy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
Vehicle Showcase
Hey everybody, while I wait for my build to get here, I was just curious as to why you chose the Willys edition in particular. I'll start....
I really wanted a Rubicon but with my daughter getting ready to go off to college this fall and us getting her a car I just couldn't comfortably make it happen. So I started looking at the other packages and liked the Willys and the guys in my office said with me being a vet I needed a Willys so that's what is in the driveway now.

BA33

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys Sport
I really wanted a Rubicon but with my daughter getting ready to go off to college this fall and us getting her a car I just couldn't comfortably make it happen. So I started looking at the other packages and liked the Willys and the guys in my office said with me being a vet I needed a Willys so that's what is in the driveway now.
First of all, thanks for your service! Secondly, I understand all too well about those college costs. It certainly played a part in the decision to forego the 25-30% Rubicon premium. It just didn't pencil out to be worth it at the end of the day. Besides, we are rolling in more unique Jeeps.

Punk'n Willy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
Vehicle Showcase
First of all, thanks for your service! Secondly, I understand all too well about those college costs. It certainly played a part in the decision to forego the 25-30% Rubicon premium. It just didn't pencil out to be worth it at the end of the day. Besides, we are rolling in more unique Jeeps.
The pleasure and honor was all mine. I'd serve again if I could. Yeah, I mean outside of the obvious reasons most want a Rubicon, the two big features I wanted were the 8.4 Premium, hood, fender flares, and proximity locks. Well, 3 of the 4 I can do fairly easy on my own so I guess this just gives me more flexibility in making it my own and in the end that's what this is all about right?

mjohns57

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLU Willys
Vehicle Showcase

1. The capability of the Willys is attractive right out of the box. You get tire, suspension, rear end, and suspension upgrades standard. It'll be my daily driver and I'm looking forward to getting into some situations that get the adrenaline pumping a bit. I don't want to get into anything too hairy, knowing that I have to drive her to work on Monday, but if I do, the Willys will be fairly well equipped to get me out.
2. The looks are my favorite in the whole JL lineup. Tinted windows, mud tires, and the awesome graphics just look right.
3. The price seems like the best bargain as well.
4. Most importantly for me anyway is that the Willys best represents what a Wrangler is supposed to be. I went with the Sport (3.6 and 6m) because I've always seen the Wrangler as a spartan vehicle that is somehow better when it is short on luxuries and big on simplicity. Some minor discomfort just seems to suit the Jeep experience well. I guess that explains why I opted for such a base 2 door package (only added tow package and soft top bag).
You stated it wonderfully, dont forget rock rails just in case. Opted for 7 inch display and tow package only.
Sponsored