Brendon

First Name
Brendon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Willys 2020 GMC Denali 2500 HD
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, it does look sharp! Any chance you would share the source of that awesome side decal too?
The stripe was put on by a local guy who does all of my pin stripping whenever I get a new rig. He comes up with something new for each vehicle.

Sponsored

basinite

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys (2 door)
Ran across this classic Willy's on the way home from work today. Couldn't help myself, flagged the owner and his wife down and had to check her out in person.

The owner and his wife were really cool about it, I think I made their day. They are both retired and said they pull the Jeep out in the evenings and enjoy "going for a drive".

E9659886-A9ED-4C26-8F78-3A3765BA31F0.jpeg

JimmyR75

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2014 JK — Previous: 2004 TJ, 1994 YJ
2020 Willys that we actually selling to order a Rubicon instead

Jeep Wrangler JL Willys Edition JL Club Thread D911CFDD-6806-428E-BE12-4570A231F515

Jeep Wrangler JL Willys Edition JL Club Thread D911CFDD-6806-428E-BE12-4570A231F515
Just curious, but why exactly? I’m getting close to pulling the trigger on a Willy’s myself. The main functional differences I noticed are lockers, electronic sway bar disconnects, fenders, and wide axles. I’m wanting a diesel, so already comes with Dana 44’s, albeit not wide tracks.

Sponsored

Bkaab

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
76 J10, 88 YJ, 99 TJ, 02 WJ, 06 LJ, 12 KK, 20 JL
Just curious, but why exactly? I’m getting close to pulling the trigger on a Willy’s myself. The main functional differences I noticed are lockers, electronic sway bar disconnects, fenders, and wide axles. I’m wanting a diesel, so already comes with Dana 44’s, albeit not wide tracks.
mainly we skipped the premium Alpine Audio. The factory speakers are hot garbage. To fix the sound system we would have around $2,000. Then the fact we wanted steel bumpers which are going to cost over $2,000. Not a huge fan of the black grill and have been planning on switching it to a Sahara or Rubicon grill. Lastly tan although sweet looking it terrible choice for these Jeeps. It’s not like the old TJ tops since it’s fabric and very easy to stain. Same goes with the seats. The fabric they made them out stains with just getting water on them from the car wash. So when it’s all said and done it would be like a $45,000-$46,000 Willys when a Rubicon with all the options we want is $51,000.

If your looking at a Willys in the mid high $30,000 I’d say it’s a great buy but once it gets into the low to mid 40s it’s too close to a Rubicon and the resale will be better on the Rubicon long term.

Pepe My Little Mule

First Name
J.D.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Jeep 4.7L; 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys
mainly we skipped the premium Alpine Audio. The factory speakers are hot garbage. To fix the sound system we would have around $2,000. Then the fact we wanted steel bumpers which are going to cost over $2,000. Not a huge fan of the black grill and have been planning on switching it to a Sahara or Rubicon grill. Lastly tan although sweet looking it terrible choice for these Jeeps. It’s not like the old TJ tops since it’s fabric and very easy to stain. Same goes with the seats. The fabric they made them out stains with just getting water on them from the car wash. So when it’s all said and done it would be like a $45,000-$46,000 Willys when a Rubicon with all the options we want is $51,000.

If your looking at a Willys in the mid high $30,000 I’d say it’s a great buy but once it gets into the low to mid 40s it’s too close to a Rubicon and the resale will be better on the Rubicon long term.
The factory upgraded Alpine system really is not all that better and not worth the upcharge if you ask me. But on the other points... I see your point.

cptchunk

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I think the Willys is still my favorite trim for the JL so far. If you're getting a Willys (not the Sport) and getting all of the stuff (I see they stripped LED package for 2021), it's an awesome middle ground. Loved the snot out of my 2-door, but with a kid on the way, I went for a 4-door and because I wanted it to feel like a full-on upgrade, went for a Rubicon at the same time.

I'm kinda relieved to hear that about the top and seats. Both considerations I had for my Sarge Green JLUR, but I think you've convinced me that the look isn't worth the extra stress. Mine stays outside 24/7, so staining would be a huge factor for me.
Sponsored