Willys Edition JL Club Thread

Impy5

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Have you considered the Mopar 82215165AB Performance Rock Rails?
I have, would love them because they look great just can't swing the price at the moment, even for take offs.

VF101-jay

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
Hello from Nebraska. First post, first Wrangler! Last month I full filled a 20 year dream, owning my very first Wrangler! 2020 Willys unlimited in Bikini pearl. 800 miles on the clock and absolutely love it. The mods have already begun. Just put a steel 3 piece Rubicon bumper on last night. This jeep is everything I dreamed of. Looking forward to reading posts and learning more about this awesome vehicle.

20191224_150614.jpg

20200104_183440~2.jpg
Congrats on the new Willys, you will find that you bought more than just the vehicle, it comes with a whole Jeep community and lifestyle! Welcome and enjoy!!

dmc3csc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Congrats on the new Willys, you will find that you bought more than just the vehicle, it comes with a whole Jeep community and lifestyle! Welcome and enjoy!!
Thank you. I had a Grand Cherokee WJ for 15 years and the Jeep community is diffidently more helpful than any other forum I have ever been a member of.

N75

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 2dr
Thanks everyone for the input. I am looking at these on ebay, they say they are OEM but I am skeptical:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-2018-2...470227?hash=item2cf7791b53:g:abEAAOSwHwRdr8Fe
Those are "OE Style" - not actual Mopar. I just bought a 2-door set for my uncle as a Christmas gift from this dealer via Ebay, and they were OEM Mopar and arrived perfectly in factory packaging.

Here's the 4-door - they shipped out of Michigan I think.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2018-New-B...629145?hash=item48db769d59:g:H20AAOSw3nhdG3TC

Sponsored

parris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Hello There!

First jeep ever, first post in this forum

I just took possession of a new Wrangler Unlimited Willys Granite Crystal 3 weeks ago.

As I said, this was the first time buying a jeep and I have to say that it was quite difficult to get to know all the specs and different configurations. Playing with configurations and options you can go from a full optioned sport to a non option Rubicon, passing through a medium optioned Sahara... in the same price range

Finally, I decided for the Willis because it really offers a lot of extra equipment for a reasonable price and mainly, for the appearance (for me, together with the Rubicon, the best looking Wrangler today)

I ordered with the following options:
- Technology Group
- Safety Group
- 2.0L Engine
- Automatic Transmission
- Hard top

I'm really happy with it (I have put on it already 1800 miles... :rock:) and already made some mods
- Gas Cap door
- Short antenna
- Mopar plastic door sills
- Tow hooks plastidiped red :angel:

I hope to learn more about the car together with all of you

parris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Upon further investigation, I checked the build guide for the JLU Sahara Altitude. It calls out the same exact bumper (MBU) as the base Willys Sport. If this is so, then the new JL & JLU Willys Sport should have this bumper...

Willys_Sport_Bumper_01.jpg

Willys_Sport_Bumper_02.jpg

Willys_Sport_Bumper_03.jpg
I think the sahara Altitude has bumpers with some part painted in body color and another part in gloss black

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Hello There!

First jeep ever, first post in this forum

I just took possession of a new Wrangler Unlimited Willys Granite Crystal 3 weeks ago.

As I said, this was the first time buying a jeep and I have to say that it was quite difficult to get to know all the specs and different configurations. Playing with configurations and options you can go from a full optioned sport to a non option Rubicon, passing through a medium optioned Sahara... in the same price range

Finally, I decided for the Willis because it really offers a lot of extra equipment for a reasonable price and mainly, for the appearance (for me, together with the Rubicon, the best looking Wrangler today)

I ordered with the following options:
- Technology Group
- Safety Group
- 2.0L Engine
- Automatic Transmission
- Hard top

I'm really happy with it (I have put on it already 1800 miles... :rock:) and already made some mods
- Gas Cap door
- Short antenna
- Mopar plastic door sills
- Tow hooks plastidiped red :angel:

I hope to learn more about the car together with all of you
Glad you enjoy it, don't call it a " car ". Try JL, Wrangler, Jeep...not CAR.

JL Willy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willy
I know this might be sacrelige but I've been thinking about putting OEM side steps on in place of the rock rails so my boys can climb in to the Jeep easier. Has anyone done this by any chance?
I did this on mine. Worked out fine!

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I know this might be sacrelige but I've been thinking about putting OEM side steps on in place of the rock rails so my boys can climb in to the Jeep easier. Has anyone done this by any chance?
A lot of people remove rock rails and replace with steps. Lot of options as far as steps. OEM Mopar like the Sahara, Performance Rock Rails which are wider so they can be used as a step. They are on the MOAB. Try finding a MOAB on the lot to see them in person.

A lot of aftermarket options also.

A benefit of the OEM Sahara steps is they help prevent mud and dirt from splashing the sides of your rear doors and hinges.

Newdeal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
I have a question for Willys drivers. When I’m on the freeway for over 30 minutes my Willys does a quick wiggle from side to side where I feel like I can’t control it. Seems to happen every time and it only lasts about 3 seconds. I don’t notice going over a dip or a bump in the road when it happens. I had a TJ all stock that never did this. I should mention that I don’t have any steering issues, I’m very happy with the steering.

I’m wondering if it’s the bigger tires (my TJ tires were super small) combined with the mud tires and also because the Willys seems to be lifted. My Willys is stock I won’t be doing any modifications. Except I’m going to throw a white grill on at some point, I feel like the black grill is a bit masculine.

Does anyone else notice this in their Willys as well?

EDIT: I should mention my tires are 35-38 psi depending on the weather. I filled them to 37 as recommended on the door jam.
I have a Sahara and experienced the same thing. There was a recall to replace a part - it may have been a control arm. Sorry I don’t have more info. Whatever it was it corrected the issue. I was hesitant to have it done because other than the shimmy when going over bumps (bridge connections on highways) I was very satisfied with the steering and ride. It all worked out well though. I would search recalls and see if any apply to your Jeep. Good luck.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I have a Sahara and experienced the same thing. There was a recall to replace a part - it may have been a control arm. Sorry I don’t have more info. Whatever it was it corrected the issue. I was hesitant to have it done because other than the shimmy when going over bumps (bridge connections on highways) I was very satisfied with the steering and ride. It all worked out well though. I would search recalls and see if any apply to your Jeep. Good luck.
Probably the V41 steering dampener recall.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ction-notification-v41-steering-damper.32542/
Sponsored