Sponsored

Willys Edition JL Club Thread

steelerpsugirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Sport S
Beautiful! So, what is the actual diameter of the tires you went with? Do you see/feel much of a difference from the stock 32" Firestones?
285 70/R17, it's a true 33". Main difference is that since they are an A/T they are quieter and have the 3 peak snow rating so should handle certain elements exceptionally well (obviously especially deeper snow!). I also like the wider stance and that it fills the wheel well a little more so the look is beefier. They are E rated but I don't notice any difference in that at all.
Sponsored

captainmac44

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Sport
285 70/R17, it's a true 33". Main difference is that since they are an A/T they are quieter and have the 3 peak snow rating so should handle certain elements exceptionally well (obviously especially deeper snow!). I also like the wider stance and that it fills the wheel well a little more so the look is beefier. They are E rated but I don't notice any difference in that at all.
So, just an easy swap... no spacers or anything? I’d definitely go as big as I could on the stock rim, but I’ll have to wait until the Firestones are worn out... I wouldn’t be able to bring myself to spend a thousand bucks on tires on a brand new vehicle. Definitely looks good though!

steelerpsugirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So, just an easy swap... no spacers or anything? I’d definitely go as big as I could on the stock rim, but I’ll have to wait until the Firestones are worn out... I wouldn’t be able to bring myself to spend a thousand bucks on tires on a brand new vehicle. Definitely looks good though!
Yup easy swap! If you go any bigger I'd get fender flares to be safe. I am currently trying to sell my Firestones to get some money back- hoping that happens! Usually I would wait a while but I got excited lol!

Hotplate51

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Willys
I havent done any mods yet but one of the first ones I want to do is get the stubby antenna. Do you still get siriusxm? And is the reception still decent?
The SiriusXM antenna is on the roll bar right behind the passenger's head (#2 on the attached picture). I put a 6 inch stubby antenna on because it has no effect on satellite radio and I never listen to AM/FM.
Jeep Wrangler JL Willys Edition JL Club Thread s-l1600

Sponsored

WhitneyWillys

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Willys
Anyone with the Willys trim do the Rubicon suspension sway? What exactly would that entail? Since the Willys comes with Rubi shocks, I presume just four springs? Are the Willys LCA the same as the ones the Rubi comes with? Thanks.

EugenesAJeep

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys
Vehicle Showcase
Just got that size also, General Grabber ATX- definitely the perfect size and look I’m after! I do love the Firestone MTs, interested in how different the two will be (ATX is a hybrid). Looks great!
Soooo, I did however have to take it to the dealer to have em” reprogram” for the new tires and wheels. The shifting points changed just enough that I wanted it right. about an hour and maybe $ $150 , I can’t remember, it shifts just right. Well worth the money.

steelerpsugirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soooo, I did however have to take it to the dealer to have em” reprogram” for the new tires and wheels. The shifting points changed just enough that I wanted it right. about an hour and maybe $ $150 , I can’t remember, it shifts just right. Well worth the money.
Interesting... did you notice a difference? How did you know you needed to do it? I've never had to do that but I can check it out when I get my first early oil change!

EugenesAJeep

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting... did you notice a difference? How did you know you needed to do it? I've never had to do that but I can check it out when I get my first early oil change!
Yes, I noticed a difference, especially with the higher gears uphill at freeway speeds. Just shifted a little late. Could have easily lived with it.... if I had to.
Just to be clear. 3.6 automatic 2020 2 dr.

steelerpsugirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, I noticed a difference, especially with the higher gears uphill at freeway speeds. Just shifted a little late. Could have easily lived with it.... if I had to.
Good info! I have the 2.0L Turbo, but will definitely ask the dealer about it next time I go. Is there a specific name for what they did?

Sponsored

steelerpsugirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Should mention I have a tazer from my last Jeep so wondering if I can take care of it myself...

dmc3csc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Anyone with the Willys trim do the Rubicon suspension sway? What exactly would that entail? Since the Willys comes with Rubi shocks, I presume just four springs? Are the Willys LCA the same as the ones the Rubi comes with? Thanks.
Shocks are the same, arms are the same. Springs are an easy swap. I gained about 1 inch over the Willys springs. I did also change the LCAs to the longer ones that come with the Mopar lift. There are several threads on here about the swap.

20200711_144605.jpg

garyji

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Sahara, 2021 JLU Willys
Huh??? Do diesel's have fuel doors?? I didn't know.

G.
Sponsored