Willys Edition JL Club Thread

Rocketsauce

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys XR
Just looking at the window sticker, I’m surprised that they delete the 4 Wheel Drive decal.
I thought that was odd too when I first saw the window sticker. I'm thinking it's because the hinge-gate reinforcement would cover up the decal.
Sponsored

critab0924

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willy's
First mods on day one. Punisher fuel door cover and stubby antenna.

While installing the fuel door cover, I found masking tape left behind from factory. It was behind the tail light. For no apparent reason, I kinda thought this was cool. LOL.

DB1EA1D7-72A3-4D5F-803C-104C7942ECE9.jpeg

CBFDF656-3C49-4E3A-AF8D-28C904C4C061.jpeg

E39EE569-F958-4FB9-AD21-314595CB6DD5.jpeg
If you don't mind, where did you get the gas door and was it hard to install??

L06An_5

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Wheeler JLU
I am looking at getting a new Adam's front driveshaft for my 21' Willys Wheeler. They have 3 different versions (Sport, Sahara and Rubicon). Which one should I be looking at? Anyone have experience with this? Currently have the Dana 30 front but looking to go to a Dana 44 front in the next 1 -2 years.

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
i would guess Adams has experience with this. have you tried calling them?

i can only guess, but i'd guess Sport, since that's what the Willys is built on.

if it were me, i'd wait and do the shaft at the same time as ditching the D30 unless you're having some problem now that you need a new shaft to solve.
are you seeing some problem(s)?

I am looking at getting a new Adam's front driveshaft for my 21' Willys Wheeler. They have 3 different versions (Sport, Sahara and Rubicon). Which one should I be looking at? Anyone have experience with this? Currently have the Dana 30 front but looking to go to a Dana 44 front in the next 1 -2 years.

Reactions: gek

Sponsored

L06An_5

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Wheeler JLU
i would guess Adams has experience with this. have you tried calling them?

i can only guess, but i'd guess Sport, since that's what the Willys is built on.

if it were me, i'd wait and do the shaft at the same time as ditching the D30 unless you're having some problem now that you need a new shaft to solve.
are you seeing some problem(s)?
Thank you for the reply, Yeah I have spoke with them and after several back and forth(s) it came down to getting measurements to be sure.

Most articles I have read say you should change out your driveshaft for 3.5", though it's not immediately necessary, it will cause damage over time. I haven't put the lift on yet, it's in the mail, and I am just plotting things out, setting up my "hidden budget" :).

My path has been armor first, Skids, etc... then lift last.

I find the Willys sub models are often left out of the validation or picker drop downs and truthfully even though I love the model, having the Willys Sport and Willys Wheeler causes a lot of confusion for people.

Thank You for your help and if anyone else has experience or a story about this I'd love to hear it.

Happy Holidays Everyone.

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
measurements to be sure is always a good idea.

you might want to double-check, but some "armor" requires a lift. it's not clear if by "armor" you mean a full belly-pan or heavier skids.
frankly, i would (and did) approach things in the exact opposite order; lift, then armor (full belly pan) so i knew what i'd be working around.

just a note: there might be some confusion related to the term "Willys Wheeler", too; i don't remember ever seeing any such thing listed on the J**p website, only the Willys and the Willys Sport.
to add to the confusion both Willys trims are built on the 'Sport' chassis. ;)

Thank you for the reply, Yeah I have spoke with them and after several back and forth(s) it came down to getting measurements to be sure.

Most articles I have read say you should change out your driveshaft for 3.5", though it's not immediately necessary, it will cause damage over time. I haven't put the lift on yet, it's in the mail, and I am just plotting things out, setting up my "hidden budget" :).

My path has been armor first, Skids, etc... then lift last.

I find the Willys sub models are often left out of the validation or picker drop downs and truthfully even though I love the model, having the Willys Sport and Willys Wheeler causes a lot of confusion for people.

Thank You for your help and if anyone else has experience or a story about this I'd love to hear it.

Happy Holidays Everyone.

benmmc

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Willy's
Put a set of Mojave take-offs on the Willys yesterday. I love the way it looks! Mine has 1" Synergy springs up front (lifted it with the bumper and winch a little over 2") and a 3/4" spacer in the rear. Sits pretty level, and with the 33's, it seems pretty well proportioned. I also like the slightly smaller amount of offset with these wheels.

IMG_9063.jpeg

Sponsored