Sponsored

Willys Edition JL Club Thread

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
my 2021 Willys came without the gap cover, but i added it because i hated the hole that was there without it. (bolted right in.)

which mat option you need/want is going to depend in part on what problem you're trying to solve, but i'd suggest waiting until your J**p shows up to see what you actually want/need.
personally, i wanted something that wouldn't interfere with the option to use the rear seat up or down easily, and went with adding the gap hider to flatten the floor, and a Canvasback liner over it. (i give the Canvasback about a 7.5 out of 10.)

I've been shopping for a cargo mat for my ordered 2021 Unlimited Willys and see a question similar to this "does your trim level have the flat floor or do the brackets show where the rear seats fold down?"

How do I know? Thanks,
Sponsored

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
which Willys? which Rubicon?
springs are different depending on which engine option you're talking about, even within the same trim level.

you need to get familiar with the P/Ns.
but because of the way the Willys package was set up, if you look at the P/Ns of the shocks under your Willys and the shocks in that take-off collection, odds are good you'll find they're the same.

I realize there is a suspension forum, but wanted to ask here since sounds like a few have done this. I'm looking at adding the rubicon springs/shocks to my 2021 Willys. They came off a 2021 with 3K miles (friend took off to have his Rubicon lifted). If I change my Willys springs and shocks is there anything else that has to be changed? or is it simple springs and shocks and done? Sorry - not a mechanic and dont know a ton about lifts. My last Jeep I had lifted but this one I really like the height of the factory Rubicons and can get springs/shocks/control arms for $100. Thanks for the help. I appreciate it.
IMG_1325.jpg

Wrangler73

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Unlimited
springs are different depending on which engine option you're talking about, even within the same trim level.

but because of the way the Willys package was set up, if you look at the P/Ns of the shocks under your Willys and the shocks in that take-off collection, odds are good you'll find they're the same.
2021 Willys with 3.6L and same motor on Rubicon both JLUR. Good idea on part numbers. Ive heard Willy shocks are same as Rubicon but springs are different. The Rubicons definitely sit a little taller than the Willys so theres a difference somewhere...think it's the springs. But didnt know they would have different parts in the same trim level ie: Rubicon. Thanks for the info.

Bamabww

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys, Snazzberry.
Occupation
Retired and loving it.
Leather seats have a gap cover
Thank you. That's the info I needed.

which mat option you need/want is going to depend in part on what problem you're trying to solve,
I just wanted a cargo mat but the one I saw asked the question and I didn't know how to tell. But your suggestion is a very good one one. Thanks.

Tacoman03

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR Recon 2022 Bronco Raptor
Vehicle Showcase
Where did you get just the gap cover?
my 2021 Willys came without the gap cover, but i added it because i hated the hole that was there without it. (bolted right in.)

which mat option you need/want is going to depend in part on what problem you're trying to solve, but i'd suggest waiting until your J**p shows up to see what you actually want/need.
personally, i wanted something that wouldn't interfere with the option to use the rear seat up or down easily, and went with adding the gap hider to flatten the floor, and a Canvasback liner over it. (i give the Canvasback about a 7.5 out of 10.)

Sponsored

Merc

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door 6mt Willys; 2013 Subaru Crosstrek
Toyo Open Country ATIII 285/75/R17 on stock Moab wheels. C range tire, only 59 lbs. Highly recommend. Also the spare fit on the original stock rear bumper. But I went aftermarket to MP Concepts aluminum bumper, which required required a relocation kit. Damned silly of MP Concepts to not plan for people to put bigger than stock tires on, and these are only 34's

Jeep Wrangler JL Willys Edition JL Club Thread 3A8B00D8-D198-4B13-B253-2445D51A2F11
Any pics without the lift? And how was handling without the lift? I'd love to switch to these, but a lift would have to be put on hold so I'd be daily driving it without one for some time.

Sponsored

gek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Code Monkey
Sarge green was the only color I thought I wanted, until I saw a Snazzberry at the dealership, wow that thing was pretty, but it was too pretty and would not look as good dirty.

PXL_20211007_122854839.jpg

PXL_20211007_160132660.jpg

Rescue119

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2021 Jeep GC L Limited

you only need the springs. everything else you have. ask him for pictures of all the spring stickers so you can see what the are and compare over in the suspension sticky.

my willys has 228s on the front (normal sport) and 111s on the rear (the 111s are 1 number more then the normal sport. might be due to the 48v batter, tow package, and hard top)

JLUW75

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW
Occupation
Engineer
My Sarge Green JLUW was ordered on 8/30 and JC tells me that it was delivered Nov. 1, almost 9 weeks to the day! Now I'm waiting to hear back from my dealer. I will give them a couple of days to inspect it and make sure everything is 100%. Wish me luck! I'm so excited!
Sponsored