Willys Edition JL Club Thread

dmc3csc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Do you remember which spring numbers you put on? I have found some locally 90/91 60/61 Also did you change the shocks, or are the shocks the same for the Willys? Thanks

Robnfl

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 3.0 Diesel - Firecracker Red
Occupation
Retired USN
Swapped the Firestone MT's for 285/70/17 KO2's. They ride pretty much the same but make a whole lot less noise on the highway. The speed o is only off by maybe .5-1 mph from 40-75+.
Untitled-13small.jpg
It looks good! I like the look of the front end without the bumper-to-fender extensions.

Was it just a matter of removing the attaching bolts?

Sponsored

dmc3csc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I assume you're asking me? Those are the spring numbers I used and the shock are the same.
Thanks! I just ordered the Mopar LCAs so Ill be putting the springs on mine soon. Now to find some 285 BFGs somewhere close.

dmc3csc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

dmc3csc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There will be no caster issues, the LCA's are the same on all Wranglers.
Yes, you are correct the LCAs are all the same. However the ones I ordered are 1/4" longer and help with caster being closer to the recommended 6 degrees. Take a look at the thread in my post. Made sense to me especially for the price.

dmc3csc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here is my Willys after some weekend mods. Rubicon springs, mopar extended LCAs and plasti-coated grill. I have also put on Rubicon flares with LEDs, front and rear steel bumpers. As others have said, I gained about 1" with the Rubicon springs. I checked the shock numbers and the Willys and Rubicon are the same. I personally think that my ride was smoother after the swap. I cross railroad tracks every day and the ride seemed smoother after. Now to find some BFG take offs

20200426_161212.jpg

20200426_161313.jpg

20200426_161322.jpg

20200426_161335.jpg

mjohns57

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLU Willys
Vehicle Showcase
It looks good! I like the look of the front end without the bumper-to-fender extensions.

Was it just a matter of removing the attaching bolts?
I did the bolt removal on one side 6 bolts, 2 push pins, but it exposes the fog lights wiring harness. Much easier to just get a new razor blade and trim the plastic which is what i did after reinstalling. Many threads about various was of doing this delete, but the razor blade is the quickest.

20200426_111042.jpg

20200426_111001.jpg

Sponsored

mjohns57

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLU Willys
Vehicle Showcase
Here is my Willys after some weekend mods. Rubicon springs, mopar extended LCAs and plasti-coated grill. I have also put on Rubicon flares with LEDs, front and rear steel bumpers. As others have said, I gained about 1" with the Rubicon springs. I checked the shock numbers and the Willys and Rubicon are the same. I personally think that my ride was smoother after the swap. I cross railroad tracks every day and the ride seemed smoother after. Now to find some BFG take offs
Very nice! Question as i don't follow, if stock numbers are the same for the springs aren't they the same springs? Any issues installing the Rubicon fenders? Like the look of the steel fenders, and want to do that at some point but the red hooks would have to go.

yj93

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willy's Manual

20200426_161212.jpg

20200426_161313.jpg

20200426_161322.jpg

20200426_161335.jpg

I have to say, that looks nice. Did you do the work yourself?

And for the springs, did you get them from the dealer or did you find them after market. Looks great by the way.!

dmc3csc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Very nice! Question as i don't follow, if stock numbers are the same for the springs aren't they the same springs? Any issues installing the Rubicon fenders? Like the look of the steel fenders, and want to do that at some point but the red hooks would have to go.
The shocks are the same, but the springs are definitely different. I'll post some pics of the rears side by side tomorrow. The flares were stock rubi ones, easy bolt on but the stock rear bumper won't line up. I have a buddy who works at a local dealer and I got them for a steal. Around $400 No shipping. I've thought about ditching the red hooks, but i don't mind it.

dmc3csc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have to say, that looks nice. Did you do the work yourself?

And for the springs, did you get them from the dealer or did you find them after market. Looks great by the way.!
Thank you. The springs were a Craigslist find, Rubicon take offs for $100 with the new shocks. I've done everything myself. The springs were about a 30 minute front 30 minute rear swap. I put on a bestop sunrider tonight. Thanks @Northridge4x4 fast shipping and great prices!