ChristianrSRU

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be : '21 Sport Altitude JLU
Hi Everyone,

This forum has been a great wealth of knowledge as I am putting together my build. My only question is why on the jeep website when i select the cold weather group, does it automatically add the convenience package? Its only on certain models, including the willys. Could this just be a glitch?
Sponsored

Jean Genie

First Name
Jeana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 White Willys, 2023 HVY Rubicon XR
Hi Everyone,

This forum has been a great wealth of knowledge as I am putting together my build. My only question is why on the jeep website when i select the cold weather group, does it automatically add the convenience package? Its only on certain models, including the willys. Could this just be a glitch?
When I ordered my Jeep at the dealership the convenience group was automatically added when we selected the cold weather package. I really wanted the heated seats and remote start so I had to go with it. Don't remember if my salesman explained the reasoning or not.

Will_Jeep

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2108 JKU Sahara, Black 2016 Mercedes CLS400
Vehicle Showcase
It might be because the Cold Weather package includes Remote Start, which probably requires the Convenience package?

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
For a Sport or Sport-based trim level (which the WIllys is), the Convenience Package is required for the Cold Weather Package.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ChristianrSRU

ChristianrSRU

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When I ordered my Jeep at the dealership the convenience group was automatically added when we selected the cold weather package. I really wanted the heated seats and remote start so I had to go with it. Don't remember if my salesman explained the reasoning or not.
Thank you! Its only on certain models too. I just love the look of the willys and I have no need for the convenience package

OP
OP
ChristianrSRU

ChristianrSRU

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It might be because the Cold Weather package includes Remote Start, which probably requires the Convenience package?
I thought this too, but for example you can add the cold weather on the sport altitude and it doesn't require you to add both

OP
OP
ChristianrSRU

ChristianrSRU

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For a Sport or Sport-based trim level (which the WIllys is), the Convenience Package is required for the Cold Weather Package.
It doesnt require it on the sport altitude, thats what is confusing since that would be a sport trim as well

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Based on the Order Guide it is required on the Sport-based Altitude, too. Where did you see that it wasn't?

OP
OP
ChristianrSRU

ChristianrSRU

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Based on the Order Guide it is required on the Sport-based Altitude, too. Where did you see that it wasn't?
On the site now, customizing an altitude and it doesnt require me to select the convenience when i pick CWP

Sponsored

Dr. RGB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer own a Jeep
Clubs

And, if you get the manual, you get to pay the price for the convenience package, but do not get the remote engine start, just the garage door opener.....

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
But seriously, I went and played around with the build configurations, and I think the issue is that many other trims have the convenience package included, so it doesn't need to be added, such as the rubicon. And it might be required due to the remote start option, which I know sounds weird, but with the computers these days everything is tied together in a weird way.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
On the site now, customizing an altitude and it doesnt require me to select the convenience when i pick CWP
The build site is notoriously buggy. The order guide is more reliable.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
And, if you get the manual, you get to pay the price for the convenience package, but do not get the remote engine start, just the garage door opener.....
Yes. It's discounted, but it still is a real expensive garage door opener!

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
Thank you! Its only on certain models too. I just love the look of the willys and I have no need for the convenience package
There's plenty of aftermarket seats and covers that offer heating options. CalTrend offers good cloth covers with a heating option for far less $$ than the convenience package and CWP. Can't help you with the heated steering wheel, tho.
Sponsored