Sponsored

Willys and Freedom Edition Return to Wrangler (JL) for 2020

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '23 Porsche Cayman GTS
PR for the special editions just got posted, but odd that they included a photo of the Freedom Edition with no package details. Either way, all three were shown to journalists at the What's New event in July.

Jeep® Offers Two New Special-edition Wrangler Models for 2020
  • Jeep® Wrangler Willys returns featuring a limited-slip rear differential, rock rails, aggressive 32-inch mud terrain tires and a rugged look with black accents
  • Wrangler Black & Tan adds special exterior and interior content, including a premium tan soft top with black exterior badging and accents
  • Both special-edition Wrangler models are available to order now
September 3, 2019 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - The Jeep® brand is returning the Wrangler Willys edition to the iconic SUV’s lineup and introducing the new 2020 Wrangler Black & Tan. Both models are based on the Wrangler Sport S and feature unique exterior and interior content.

"Special editions are a perfect way for Jeep to connect with customers and feed their ideas and passion into the brand and its vehicles," said Jim Morrison, Head of Jeep Brand - North America. "Wrangler Willys harkens back to the original Jeep while Wrangler Black & Tan offers a unique look with a tan top. We are proud that both new models will add to the wide appeal Jeep Wrangler already offers."

The 2020 Jeep Wrangler Willys and Black & Tan editions are available to order now.

Jeep Wrangler Willys
The 2020 Jeep Wrangler lineup sees the return of the popular Willys edition and marks the first time it is available on the newest generation Jeep Wrangler (JL). The Wrangler Willys edition features a limited-slip rear differential, Rubicon rock rails and shocks, heavy-duty brakes and 32-inch Firestone mud terrain tires. These features, combined with Jeep’s Command-Trac 4x4 part-time, two-speed transfer case with a 2.72:1 low-range gear ratio, bolster the Jeep Wrangler Willys’ off-road capability.

This added capability is highlighted with a rugged appearance. Special exterior design cues feature a Willys hood decal, unique black 17-inch aluminum wheels with gray pad print and a gloss black sport grille. All-weather slush mats, as well as LED headlights and fog lights, are also standard on the Wrangler Willys edition.

The Wrangler Willys edition is available in 10 colors: Black, Granite Crystal, Sting Gray, Billet, Ocean Blue, Firecracker Red, Punk’n, Hellayella, Mojito! and White.

The 2020 Jeep Wrangler Willys has an MSRP of $33,740 for the two-door model and $37,240 for the four-door version.

Jeep Wrangler Black & Tan
Joining the Wrangler lineup for the first time for 2020, the Wrangler Black & Tan features a unique look with a distinct heritage flair. Available in all exterior colors, the Jeep Wrangler Black & Tan edition features 17-inch Machine Granite wheels wrapped in all-terrain tires, side steps, Low Gloss badging and a premium tan soft top.

Inside, Wrangler Black & Tan features a Wizard Black painted instrument panel mid bolster and Heritage Tan cloth seats. The Technology Group, featuring Uconnect’s 7-inch radio, a 7-inch driver’s display screen and dual-zone climate control, is standard.

The 2020 Jeep Wrangler Black & Tan has a U.S. Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $32,940 for the two-door model and an MSRP of $36,440 for the four-door version.

JP020_143WR29tlq7010p1v8gfa2vmdi7s5cm.jpg

JP020_144WR4srmapcu2o2gphddhnd66gjkf.jpg

JP020_145WRmtp24cgs2rkghehueualcdqc71.jpg

JP020_140WRe7mn1d4f67fi3166b0e1frodk8.jpg

JP020_141WRvmtcoqs2pso2ns194sijtgk7kd.jpg

JP020_142WR7gfdlg0lu6t97ld83f4rp8oc56.jpg
Sponsored

The_Phew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GTI 6MT
I feel like every other JK Willys I see is green, so it's pretty damn likely they'll offer the Willys in Sarge. Not thrilled about M/T tires being the only option, but that's easy-ish to change/sell.

Didn't they offer the JK Willys with a rear locker? I'd still pick the LSD, but I expect MANY people would prefer a locker.

Sponsored

jayteal

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon; 2018 JLUR; 2004 TJ
They're making it harder for me to keep saying I'm going to keep my current JL for the next 10 years....love that black and tan option and a Willy's in Sarge would be awesome too. Guess I need to push the wife to get one so I can drive both hers and mine.

norbert

First Name
Norbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab Billet Silver/Black
I probably would have also gone with the Willys instead of the Moab if it was available. What I really wanted was the LED and Safety packages. The only negative is the crazy mud tires! My 2016 Willys came with KM2s and they were terrible.

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL Sport 3.6 V6
The Willlys looks like it comes with the same wheels as the Moab and the B&T comes with the same wheels as the Sahara?

Sponsored

M0ondogy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
We know the Black and Tan is sport based. Looks like the Willy's will be too. Correct me if wrong.

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
We know the Black and Tan is sport based. Looks like the Willy's will be too. Correct me if wrong.
The press release says:

"Both models are based on the Wrangler Sport S and feature unique exterior and interior content."

Impy5

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Going based strictly on external looks, it appears the Freedom Edition will be Sport based as well.