Willy’s w/ Body-Color Fender Flares

Obispo325

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Chevy Tahoe and hopefully a Bright White JLUR
Has anyone swapped out their black fender flares on their Willy’s with color keyed Rubi take offs? Keep looking for pics on here but I can’t seem to find any and it made me wonder. Just not a fan of the black ones but the Willy’s seems like the best value.
Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
This is a common mod on Sports, with the Rubicon or Sahara flares. The problem is finding a good used set of take offs in the color you want. They tend to get beat up in shipping.

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
You can get the Mopar high top flares from a lot of places, shipping is an issue as the box is huge. Price match the price including shipping with your local dealer. I bought a paintable set and had a local shop paint them for my wife’s Rubicon.

You can order them with the LED’s too. Makes a nice upgrade.

Gregj

Willys_Wonka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUW
You can get the Mopar high top flares from a lot of places, shipping is an issue as the box is huge. Price match the price including shipping with your local dealer. I bought a paintable set and had a local shop paint them for my wife’s Rubicon.

You can order them with the LED’s too. Makes a nice upgrade.

Gregj
Hey Greg, I’m looking at upgrading my Willy’s sport flares to rubicon/Mopar high top w/led lights. Do I need liners, as well?

Sponsored

Willys_Wonka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUW
If you can find the kit it is complete. Comes with liners and the lights. Order the LED kit.
Gregj
Thanks. I found the DRL flare kit w/led on quadT. If the existing DRL’s are halogen and upgrading to led, will the computer need to be flashed? I’m thinking the shop doing the install can flash it or does that need to be at a dealer?

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. I found the DRL flare kit w/led on quadT. If the existing DRL’s are halogen and upgrading to led, will the computer need to be flashed? I’m thinking the shop doing the install can flash it or does that need to be at a dealer?
You can use JScan or a Tazer to change the settings for the lights. Depending on the shop they may know what to do to make them work right. Idk if a Dealer will even attempt to make them work.
Gregj

Willys_Wonka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUW
You can use JScan or a Tazer to change the settings for the lights. Depending on the shop they may know what to do to make them work right. Idk if a Dealer will even attempt to make them work.
Gregj
I saw another thread related to this DRL flash issue. I also didn’t realize the Ruby flares are “wider” than sport oem, so I might just pass on the flare upgrade. I only plan to upgrade tires to 285/75/17 and was looking for a slight gain in wheel well clearance. I recently installed a rubicon take off suspension on a Willy’s riding on 285/70/17. Probably just go with small coil spacers to get some hight.

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah the Sport flares are a little narrower but 285’s on the stock wheels fit under the high top flares really good. You can always add them later.
Gregj
Sponsored