Sponsored

Will you be waving to the new Gladiator?!

OP
OP
Northeastbst

Northeastbst

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Amaral
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
It's called the Jeep Wave, not the Wrangler Wave.

I even wave to Cherokees and Grand Cherokees.

And I think you've got the roles reversed. If you took a Wrangler, gave it a better set of standard axles, with a better standard axle ratio, a more useful cargo area, more standard features, double the towing capacity, several hundred pounds more payload, more lockable storage for goodies, better factory tire options, more engine cooling, a heavier-duty rear suspension, higher load capacity wheels, bigger brakes, and a much larger cool factor......you'd end up with the Gladiator.

The JL is the JT's little brother, and big brother has been out of town for nearly 30 years. But now he's back.
And by the way, who told you more storage capacity??

Put my rear seats down and I have a bed. Wranglers have WAY more storage capacity.
I have same size brakes.
Which better factory options??? A front camera??
It's a truck of course they gonna give it better axles and ratios stock.

My Rubicon run circles around the Gladiator...

.....circles.
Sponsored

Matstock4

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna, 1989 Turbo Trans Am
It's called the Jeep Wave, not the Wrangler Wave.

I even wave to Cherokees and Grand Cherokees.

And I think you've got the roles reversed. If you took a Wrangler, gave it a better set of standard axles, with a better standard axle ratio, a more useful cargo area, more standard features, double the towing capacity, several hundred pounds more payload, more lockable storage for goodies, better factory tire options, more engine cooling, a heavier-duty rear suspension, higher load capacity wheels, bigger brakes, and a much larger cool factor......you'd end up with the Gladiator.

The JL is the JT's little brother, and big brother has been out of town for nearly 30 years. But now he's back.
Hahahah, shots fired! It's on! :rock:

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Wave? We will bow to them.

The Gladiator is the superior vehicle, with all the features of the Wrangler, plus more standard equipment, additional features, and lightyears more practical capability.

If Wrangler is a Coke, Gladiator is a Whiskey.

If Wrangler is Robin, Gladiator is Batman.

I have a feeling that most guys who look at the Gladiator in person later this year are going to feel inferior getting back into the Wrangler. Just being honest. The Gladiator is the vehicle Jeep should have been building for the last 30 years.
Put down the Crack Pipe.

tombovo

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Unlimited Sahara, Firecracker Red, 6sp Manual, Leather, LED, Tow, Cold Weather, Infotainment
Sarahas and un modified sports don’t wave that much anyway.
I (Sahara) wave all the time. Its mostly the stock (unmodified) Wranglers that don't wave.

Sponsored

Quasimodo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, 2016 Jeep Cherokee
I say sure, why not?

I personally wouldn't buy one, but I dont see any reason not to wave if Gladiators wave.

I think it's pretty cool actually if you think about it.

You?
Although it's not my jam, I will definitely wave at anyone driving a Gladiator - just like I do when I see someone driving a Cherokee/Liberty/Jeep whatever....

OP
OP
Northeastbst

Northeastbst

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Amaral
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL

The Gladiator is the superior vehicle, with all the features of the Wrangler, plus more standard equipment, additional features, and lightyears more practical capability.

I have a feeling that most guys who look at the Gladiator in person later this year are going to feel inferior getting back into the Wrangler. Just being honest. The Gladiator is the vehicle Jeep should have been building for the last 30 years.
You need to call your doctor and tell him your dose is wAy to high.(...or to low lol)

ECHO

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-Door JL Rubicon - Black
Occupation
Retired Air Force - Currently in my Dream Job
Wrangler owners have waved at each other as long as I can remember,, JEEP turned the wave into a marketing gimmick to get soccermoms and posers involved .. if it isn’t a Wrangler it don’t get a wave ..

photowiz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU
Occupation
newspaper and outdoor photographer
Vehicle Showcase
Yep. Why not?

JLRoachicon

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU RUBICON 2.0 Turbo, 2006 Ducati 999S (RIP)
Vehicle Showcase

If the Gladiator drivers have this mentality, I fear they will not be waving to us. :(

Sponsored

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S Firecracker Red, 2014 Durango, 1999 Honda CRV
Vehicle Showcase
I don't like marketing gimmicks, cliques, or elitism. I saved up for the past few years for a wrangler ... then waited for the JL. I was convinced that I wouldn't "do the silly wave thing".

But, the community I've enjoyed on these forums and out on the trails has shifted my view of the wave. It is now my opinion that most wrangler owners (not all of course) share a similar appreciation for the outdoors & adventure. Under that assumption, I give 'em all waves. (I don't think this is the case for the crossover Jeeps.)

I believe JT owners will have a mindset that is very similar to Wrangler owners. I'll wave ... and not feel punk'd when I see the bed on the back of that JL I thought I just waved at.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I agree, I think we'll all get along just fine.

But, JT is still going to be Dad.

JTisdad.jpg

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
And by the way, who told you more storage capacity??

Put my rear seats down and I have a bed. Wranglers have WAY more storage capacity.
I have same size brakes.
Which better factory options??? A front camera??
It's a truck of course they gonna give it better axles and ratios stock.

My Rubicon run circles around the Gladiator...

.....circles.
Seriously?

Dude, everybody on the Web knows that Wrangler has Z E R O storage capacity that's lockable under the rear seats, and the cargo area behind the seats is a QUARTER of the size of Gladiator's. C'mon man...

You do not have the same brakes because you cannot order a Max Towing Group.

You do not have the ability to get A/C standard..you have to pay more. You also can't get 3.73 axles, wide track D44s on a Sport, Falken A/T3W tires, standard hitch, standard towing wiring, etc. etc.

Your Rubicon has a better departure angle. The Gladiator will OWN you in every other conceivable category. Don't @ me... I can show you this all day long.

OP
OP
Northeastbst

Northeastbst

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Amaral
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Seriously?

Dude, everybody on the Web knows that Wrangler has Z E R O storage capacity that's lockable under the rear seats, and the cargo area behind the seats is a QUARTER of the size of Gladiator's. C'mon man...

You do not have the ability to get A/C standard..you have to pay more. You also can't get 3.73 axles, Falken A/T3W tires, standard hitch, standard towing wiring, etc. etc.

Your Rubicon has a better departure angle. The Gladiator will OWN you in every other conceivable category. Don't @ me... I can show you this all day long.
:CWL:

OP
OP
Northeastbst

Northeastbst

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Amaral
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Seriously?

You do not have the ability to get A/C standard..you have to pay more. You also can't get 3.73 axles, wide track D44s on a Sport, Falken A/T3W tires, standard hitch, standard towing wiring, etc. etc.

Wrangler has lockable storage under rear cargo mat in the back. Plus all the aftermarket stuff available. We have much more room to do this.

I do have the same brakes.

You keep saying standard...its "standard" because it's a pick up truck. Gladiator was built for an entirely different use. Trust me, may be standard but your still paying for it.

If I put my rear seats down I have just as much(if not more) space than that cute little bed.

Gladiator interior is like that of a space capsule.

"Own" me....that's nonsense.
Sponsored