Sponsored

Will you be waving to the new Gladiator?!

Jeeper Fever

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si Coupe, 2-Door Manual JLR
I only wave to JL Rubicons with the LED package.

Actually, I stopped waving because every fifth vehicle in town seems to be a Wrangler... not to mention that I only received one wave back in a hundred waves.
Suburbia has that problem, it's too crowded to be waving in heavy traffic. I wave if I can, or if the other guy waves. Sometimes I am just too busy driving, and need my hands on the wheel and eyes on the road, to even lift two fingers off the wheel. Most of my fellow drivers also seem to be busy with traffic.

On a trail, or out of heavy traffic, waving becomes a thing again.

Oh, and about this thread... Gladiators are made with Jeep Wranger DNA, so yea, wave.
Sponsored

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
I pass at least 20 wranglers to and from work it’s too many to wave at already. I’m not adding gladiators to the mix.

I’ll return a wave any time though.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Last group trail day i went to we passed another oncoming jeep group as we were leaving. Do you know what its like to wave to 30 jeeps in a row?! My arm was sore!

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
At Gladiators I will only wave......MY SWORD!!! Just kidding, I'll wave, I'll wave.

Sponsored

#mlharford

First Name
Micah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited 4-door, white with black hardtop
I'd wave...maybe even try to persuade a friend to buy one...so he can carry my extra gear!

OP
OP
Northeastbst

Northeastbst

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Amaral
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
I will wait until the last second when I can tell it's a Gladiator...and then not wave.

Unless they wave to me first.
Come on, we need to get along out there.

The Wrangler JL is like the JT's big brother.

Think of the JT like a little sister. We need to protect them if they are going to be wearing that Jeep badge.

They will get bullied around by other trucks and we must be there in the background scaring the bullies off.:jk:

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
Or . . . Will Gladiator drivers be waving at us?
I plan to wave just as much as I do with my JLU. And that is pretty much all the time.

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
I'd wave at any Wrangler or Gladiator. But that said, is there any way to distinguish the two head on other than, maybe the grill?

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-phev-plug-in-hybrid.25924/page-3#post-615372

And I say maybe b/c the PHEV Wrangler mule from the above link seemed to get the Gladiator grill.

Was that to better disperse battery heat or simply the nature of mules with their thrown together spare parts....?

Time will tell.

Sponsored

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Of course you can tell its a JT. Shit is as long as a school bus.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Wave? We will bow to them.

The Gladiator is the superior vehicle, with all the features of the Wrangler, plus more standard equipment, additional features, and lightyears more practical capability.

If Wrangler is a Coke, Gladiator is a Whiskey.

If Wrangler is Robin, Gladiator is Batman.

I have a feeling that most guys who look at the Gladiator in person later this year are going to feel inferior getting back into the Wrangler. Just being honest. The Gladiator is the vehicle Jeep should have been building for the last 30 years.

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Wave? We will bow to them.

The Gladiator is the superior vehicle, with all the features of the Wrangler, plus more standard equipment, additional features, and lightyears more practical capability.

If Wrangler is a Coke, Gladiator is a Whiskey.

If Wrangler is Robin, Gladiator is Batman.

I have a feeling that most guys who look at the Gladiator in person later this year are going to feel inferior getting back into the Wrangler. Just being honest. The Gladiator is the vehicle Jeep should have been building for the last 30 years.
Yeah, no.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Come on, we need to get along out there.

The Wrangler JL is like the JT's big brother.

Think of the JT like a little sister. We need to protect them if they are going to be wearing that Jeep badge.

They will get bullied around by other trucks and we must be there in the background scaring the bullies off.:jk:
It's called the Jeep Wave, not the Wrangler Wave.

I even wave to Cherokees and Grand Cherokees.

And I think you've got the roles reversed. If you took a Wrangler, gave it a better set of standard axles, with a better standard axle ratio, a more useful cargo area, more standard features, double the towing capacity, several hundred pounds more payload, more lockable storage for goodies, better factory tire options, more engine cooling, a heavier-duty rear suspension, higher load capacity wheels, bigger brakes, and a much larger cool factor......you'd end up with the Gladiator.

The JL is the JT's little brother, and big brother has been out of town for nearly 30 years. But now he's back.
Sponsored