Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
No. No they will not. Don't get your hopes up and then you won't be disappointed.

Sorry to be a Negative Ned, but I do not think will.

That concept is an amalgamation of a lot of different ideas they are thinking about. I don't think that jeep is a bumper to bumper concept.

It's probably got a Bronco Stereo in it, to appease all the Bronconuts on this site.

PillowFightr

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Data Center Engineer
I am new to this, i was just wondering why everyone wants those doors?? Why does it have to be factory?? Aftermarket ones are not good enough?

OP
OP
mwilk012

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I am new to this, i was just wondering why everyone wants those doors?? Why does it have to be factory?? Aftermarket ones are not good enough?
The aftermarket ones are just thin metal shells. The factory half doors are the perfect height for an arm rest, accept soft uppers, and are perfect for all seasons. They're a dream come true.

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
You'd think someone would create these doors. I can see $1K for the JCR doors. I'd pay much more for real doors.

Sponsored

PillowFightr

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Data Center Engineer
The aftermarket ones are just thin metal shells. The factory half doors are the perfect height for an arm rest, accept soft uppers, and are perfect for all seasons. They're a dream come true.
Oh i see! They really need to make them then! Shouldnt be that hard really and now they have an excellent reason to do so! :)

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Half doors have been on every wrangler, and iirc were the standard door until the jk.

I really like the look. Seeing as how they kept showing them off in all the reveals I know I thought they were coming. Even this week they showed them off again, with what seems like no intention to make them.

Imo a 2 door Jeep just looks right with half doors

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
Once you see a two door Wrangler topless with factory half doors, you can never go back to full doors lol. Aside from appearance I like the hight and they actually seal, which helps when crossing water. So far I haven't seen one aftermarket half door that seals. I can deal with dust in my interior, not so with water.

PillowFightr

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Data Center Engineer
Once you see a two door Wrangler topless with factory half doors, you can never go back to full doors lol. Aside from appearance I like the hight and they actually seal, which helps when crossing water. So far I haven't seen one aftermarket half door that seals. I can deal with dust in my interior, not so with water.
I see! I will research 2 door wranglers with half doors then lol i need to see how they look!
And i didnt even think about crossing water and sealing! That totally makes sense

Sponsored

Mpriceii

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
I dont see why they haven't released half doors for the JL by now. So many concept Jeeps have them. Huge aftermarket demand for them. If it's a safety certification ,then just do aftermarket. If Bronco can do it, then they can. If Bestop releases the Core doors for the JL then thats something to look at. They are weatherprrof/sealed around bottom and uppers are super high quality. Other than not matching or being OEM, they are cool And they have the middle that can be removed. But until then, we must wait. My wife has a '19 Sahara thats begging for factory red half doors!!

Varilux

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
The standard Bronco door isn't so much a half door- it just has frameless window mounts (which gee, seems like a pretty cool and easy solution :^). It would probably take a lot for Jeep to adopt that design for future years of the JL (they'd have to alter the top and the doors, and the aftermarket soft tops would also have to be re-engineered as well).

Although it is completely impractical, that "door with the hole in it" that Ford keeps showing on Bronco pics just looks so darn cool. If I ever purchase a Bronco (and if they aren't just teasing us with that door), I would want a set of them. My wife doesn't like riding without doors, and in previous Jeeps tubular doors didn't seem to make her any happier- so the half doors would be a really great option.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
The standard Bronco door isn't so much a half door- it just has frameless window mounts (which gee, seems like a pretty cool and easy solution :^). It would probably take a lot for Jeep to adopt that design for future years of the JL (they'd have to alter the top and the doors, and the aftermarket soft tops would also have to be re-engineered as well).

Although it is completely impractical, that "door with the hole in it" that Ford keeps showing on Bronco pics just looks so darn cool. If I ever purchase a Bronco (and if they aren't just teasing us with that door), I would want a set of them. My wife doesn't like riding without doors, and in previous Jeeps tubular doors didn't seem to make her any happier- so the half doors would be a really great option.
We loved the half doors on our old TJ. They were perfect height to rest arm. Also it stayed in this mode 99.99% of time. The wife keeps asking why can’t you get these for the JL. She is not a big fan of no doors either. Of course not sure she would want me to drop the $$$ to have set :)
Jeep Wrangler JL Will we ever see factory half doors? 06BD636B-5357-44E9-A0DC-42990A625123

Varilux

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
hoag4147 said:
We loved the half doors on our old TJ. They were perfect height to rest arm. Also it stayed in this mode 99.99% of time. The wife keeps asking why can’t you get these for the JL. She is not a big fan of no doors either. Of course not sure she would want me to drop the $$$ to have set :)
That is a sweet looking TJ, and those doors do look great! I really miss the bar covers on the JL- I don't know what it is about them, but seeing painted metal bars just isn't the same as those padded cloth covers. My mom is exceptionally handy with a sewing machine and keeps saying she could probably fab me up some bar covers...
Sponsored